Sign in to follow this  
NANG.ME

The import kid's Sketchup designs

Some designes that I thought that I might share on hardtuned.

3s15.jpg

2.png

427 bullet3.png

b.png

C10 1.png

C103.png

m.png

s15 rear.jpg

s13a.png

s13b.png

If anyone wants something done up on sketchup hit me up and I will give it a go!

Edited by The Import Kid

good old google sketch up... i tried to make a top mount mani on it and failed hardcore..

haha yeah it can be a f**k of a thing at the start but once you learn its easy as

yeah i just cant figure out how to get the tube to curve..

yeah its a pain in the ass. my way has like 6 steps and they are long as....

yaeh will give it a go. got a pic?

Nice work man how long does it take you per car? Just started using it myself going to take some practice

for a car from scratch about 2 to 8 days but a car built from parts of other cars and the like can ake me up to 5 hours. But that is because of the detail I go into with most of my models. To checkout all of my smaller, less detailed part models (built with other peoples parts) my username for the 3D warehouse is Bacco.

Edited by The Import Kid

here are some screen shots of my latest creation. The brown 240sx.

g.png

j.png

a.png

And some of my other projects:

s.png

d.png

f.png

z.png

yaeh will give it a go. got a pic?

There's a few in my build thread , but I can pm

You later

pm plz. cant find many pics on the build thread.

Im back! Or better so this thread is :silly: Spent a while working for a f bunises that wanted my help and this is what I have to show for it.

A quarry wanted me to do them up a Kraz that they were considering buying. They mainly wanted to see what it would look like so this is that:

Kraz1.png

Kraz2.png

Then a Mate of mine wanted help to design a fire rig. He wouldn't let me leave until he was happy. This was the end result:

hilux1.png

hilux2.png

hilux3.png

Thats impressive dude!!! WOW

How long did that take? what was the biggest challenge in doing it?

It woul probarly have to be first dreaming up something that I am capeable of making then the next hardest thing is the motor. will post pics of the lux motor cant show the motor for the Kraz, I lost the file :(

But i did recreate han's FD from tokyo drift. I know that movie back the front now haha will post later.

I thought this was going to be a thread about fat chicks with trolley poles at windy point (inside SA bizz nisss)

I love the tow car one its so detailed. I can't use sketch for shit.

Edited by angerist

why are all the new ones saved as untitled?

surely after spending hours & hours building the artwork up it would end up with a proper file name... i know myself when building artwork or working on a photoshop file for days on end it ends up with a file name like S14_200sx edit 12_09_12 copy v2 111.jpg. also that KRAS appears to be taken straight off the google where i'm guessing the others have also come from.

i'm calling BS on this thread just like that F100 story from the other day.

Edited by atari4x4

hilux's motor. its low poly/detail in this pic because of uploading. had to get the file size down.

hilux1.png

And a Sil80 conversion I did on my 240sx.

sil801.png

sil802.png

sil803.png

sil804.png

why are all the new ones saved as untitled?

surely after spending hours & hours building the artwork up it would end up with a proper file name... i know myself when building artwork or working on a photoshop file for days on end it ends up with a file name like S14_200sx edit 12_09_12 copy v2 111.jpg. also that KRAS appears to be taken straight off the google where i'm guessing the others have also come from.

i'm calling BS on this thread just like that F100 story from the other day.

Thats because my computer saves as untitled until the model is given a name.

you see? (the ones in blue)

saryhsetg.png

Someone ask him to do something abstract... $10 says he doesn't follow through.

I thought this was going to be a thread about fat chicks with trolley poles at windy point (inside SA bizz nisss)

LOL. Its all in the '

Google image any of "his" models. They are all there. I doubt even one has been created from scratch. I suggest a challenge to prove he can design anything from scratch.

Easy guys, easy. Even if he hasn't created the models from scratch (which I am not saying he hasn't), he has at the very least remodeled/UV-mapped and textured some of these models such as the brown 180sx. If you are only starting out with 3d modeling, you are doing a damn good job mate, and I seriously think you should look into doing this as a career.

If you are only tweaking those meshes, that's cool too, you are clearly interested in this stuff. :)

I suggest you checkout some of the GTA mod communities if you are interesting in modelling cars, there are a number of great modelers on those sites, and they tend to be full of really good information for those who are learning. If you find that fun, look into downloading some tutorials from somewhere like CG Tutors, or if you have the dosh Gnoman. :)

Anyhow, giving a modeller a shot like that is pretty much useless to work with. You really need blueprints to work from, and I can't find any for a G11. You need something like this;

nissan-skyline-r32-4-door-1990.gif

- Thanks to: http://www.the-blueprints.com/

And then you can make something like this;

R33_Render.jpg

Been working on that for my portfolio on-and-off for a few months now. Have probably spent about 30 hours into it thus far.

But yeah, keep practicing mate, and keep pumping out the good work. :)

Edited by normality

Easy guys, easy. Even if he hasn't created the models from scratch (which I am not saying he hasn't), he has at the very least remodeled/UV-mapped and textured some of these models such as the brown 180sx. If you are only starting out with 3d modeling, you are doing a damn good job mate, and I seriously think you should look into doing this as a career.

If you are only tweaking those meshes, that's cool too, you are clearly interested in this stuff. :)

I suggest you checkout some of the GTA mod communities if you are interesting in modelling cars, there are a number of great modelers on those sites, and they tend to be full of really good information for those who are learning. If you find that fun, look into downloading some tutorials from somewhere like CG Tutors, or if you have the dosh Gnoman. :)

Anyhow, giving a modeller a shot like that is pretty much useless to work with. You really need blueprints to work from, and I can't find any for a G11. You need something like this;

R33_Render.jpg

Been working on that for my portfolio on-and-off for a few months now. Have probably spent about 30 hours into it thus far.

But yeah, keep practicing mate, and keep pumping out the good work. :)

Why in the shit would an Australian quarry be asking a 14 year old to mock up some models of a frigging KrAZ-65032? Why would an Australian quarry even consider buying a KrAZ-65032 in the first place?

Edited by EnFlaMEd

LOL. Its all in the '

Google image any of "his" models. They are all there. I doubt even one has been created from scratch. I suggest a challenge to prove he can design anything from scratch.

'

Even if his 'flavor text' is suss, who am I to say that he didn't model that. When I was 14 I used to try and model cars in our schools CAD program (Pro Desktop 8 I think it was). The application was terrible for doing that sort of stuff, as everything was nurbs based (basically) rather than poly based. Still, If I had access to something like Sketcher at that age, who knows what I might have been able to do. That's all I am saying.

If you are only tweaking those meshes, that's cool too, you are clearly interested in this stuff. smile.png

I suggest you checkout some of the GTA mod communities if you are interesting in modelling cars, there are a number of great modelers on those sites, and they tend to be full of really good information for those who are learning. If you find that fun, look into downloading some tutorials from somewhere like CG Tutors, or if you have the dosh Gnoman. smile.png

R33_Render.jpg

But yeah, keep practicing mate, and keep pumping out the good work. smile.png

Why in the shit would an Australian quarry be asking a 14 year old to mock up some models of a frigging KrAZ-65032? Why would an Australian quarry even consider buying a KrAZ-65032 in the first place?

The owner is a mate if mine. he wanted to see if I could design somthing of use to him Insted of me just making/showing him useless models that had nothing of intrest for him.

Anyway the FD as promised:

etdy.png

tyfyh.png

And for that totaly unique, some people might rember these?

undershed2.png

undershed1.png3.png

Ok so I made a skyline ute from a Stagea doner car. Used bonnet, lights, rims and wing.

34 ute.jpg

34 ute3.jpg

34 ute4.jpg

34 ute5.jpg

And some of the doner stag:

34 ute2.jpg

stag.png