Sign in to follow this  
Ballinismyhobby

Basketball related workout.

So I've just started gyming again after a break. I play basketball almost everyday and am looking for a way to improve my basketball via the gym.

Basically I have no idea, I attend anytime fitness at paralowie. I just do random things an hope for the best.

So I'm looking for suggestions about what I can do. I'm 5'7 and about 72kg if it matters.

I also play basketball, but only social once a week, I have hit up the gym for the last 2 and a bit years, Im 6'4 and 104kgs, prior to the gym i was no where near touching the rim, now i can just touch it. I have bulked a fair bit, however its prob not what a basketballer needs to do. You would be best off working on fitness and leg stuff for jumping! So anything from squats to lunges to calf raises would be my bet. Also some core strength work would be a bonus!

Do cross fit training.

Is this your answer for everything?

Do cross fit training.

Is this your answer for everything?

If ur question is related to muscular endurance/speed/ agility/ cardiovascular gains the crossfit is the best.

Most athletes will train this style because weights alone will slow you down too much or won't increase ur speed.

If u want weight gain it's a different story, then I would never recommend crossfit circuit training.

I also play basketball, but only social once a week, I have hit up the gym for the last 2 and a bit years, Im 6'4 and 104kgs, prior to the gym i was no where near touching the rim, now i can just touch it. I have bulked a fair bit, however its prob not what a basketballer needs to do. You would be best off working on fitness and leg stuff for jumping! So anything from squats to lunges to calf raises would be my bet. Also some core strength work would be a bonus!

Where do you play?

I don't really see my need to touch the ring. I more want to gym just to improve general skill, become stronger and probably better at defending.

Where do you play?

I don't really see my need to touch the ring. I more want to gym just to improve general skill, become stronger and probably better at defending.

I just play social mixed at Pasadena with a few friends, im nearly 32 now, so well beyond full competitve ahahah

Get a good base level of strength, no point going into plyometrics and what not until you have a good base level.

Squat

pull

press

chin/dip.

3 days a week, mix up the rep/sets/ excercises until you get a good base strength level then start throwing in some funky stuff.