Sign in to follow this  
Polish'n

Exercise Knowledge needed

Hey guys, long story short I'm going to try out a 13 week Special Forces training program and I just needed some help on identifying some exercises (As in what are they/how to do them);

- OVER/UNDERgrasp Heaves

- High Power Jumps (I'm assuming they're like a 'Depth Jump' ?)

- BFA Sit Up

- [in the Abdominals & Lower Back workout] 'ALT WRIST TO ALT KNEE'

- Prone Single Leg Raise

would be much appreciated if someone could clear things up!

Tried YouTube?

Yea and google, didn't help that much :/

Edited by Polish'n

Well my ultimate goal is to be a part of SAS and after I finish my VCE year 12 this year I'm going to the army, so I decided I might start training my body "Muscular Endurance" wise to get ready for the Kapooka Recruit training. I do play soccer but lost passion for it so don't hardly train so cardio wise I'm ok but not Muscular wise. Also after 3months of being on 1 routine, I'd like to change :)

- OVER/UNDERgrasp Heaves

These are just pull ups and chin ups

No. I'm not sure whether these are horizontal jumps or vertical leaps. Depth are similar but more pyrometrical

- BFA Sit Up

Never heard of this crap

- Prone Single Leg Raise

This is just bridges raising a single leg, builds more core.

Hope this helps.

- OVER/UNDERgrasp Heaves

These are just pull ups and chin ups

No. I'm not sure whether these are horizontal jumps or vertical leaps. Depth are similar but more pyrometrical

- BFA Sit Up

Never heard of this crap

- Prone Single Leg Raise

This is just bridges raising a single leg, builds more core.

Hope this helps.

Sweet thanks man!

I think the wrist to knee one would just be bicycle sit ups .

http://www.ehow.com/how_4509600_do-bicycle-situp.html

ahk, cheers man!

Well my ultimate goal is to be a part of SAS and after I finish my VCE year 12 this year I'm going to the army, so I decided I might start training my body "Muscular Endurance" wise to get ready for the Kapooka Recruit training. I do play soccer but lost passion for it so don't hardly train so cardio wise I'm ok but not Muscular wise. Also after 3months of being on 1 routine, I'd like to change :)

If ur goal is for muscular endurance, I'd probably suggest crossfit training.

It will boost ur muscularity not by much but it does activate white twitch fibers which are mch bigger than red, thus, you will increase in size. But more importantly, it will dramitically increase ur physical indurance/ caviovaular health because ur working at such high intensity. If ur really specific, sometimes when I train with my pt mate, we wear a heart rate monitor. I don't drop under 160 bpm.

Otherwise for heaves.

- don't bother with pull ups, they work too much bicep. Just go wide grip overhand chins.

- you can do spider chin ups too.

- or under bar pull ups etc.

- bulldog crawls are good but u work a lot of chest.

In respect to planks

- planks with single leg and opposite hand raised works much better. These work a lot on obliques too.

- bus drivers too ( on ground)

- bus drivers on bar too

Power jumps

- I'm leaning more towards veritcle jumps rather than horizontal leaps on this.

- pyrometric jumps work great

- as u said depth jumps

- I do a lot of squat jumps these days

- and leg pressing incorporating explosive press(make the weights fly off ur feet and catch it)

Abs

- lol abs are pretty straight forward u can't really go wrong.

- if u do lol, or want to try something else just squat tbh.

it does activate white twitch fibers which are mch bigger than red, thus, you will increase in size

I heard the same thing, was wondering why my friends are coming more stronger and bigger ( I'm 185cm and my diet is like 50/50) and I heard that apparently if you have a lot of white twitch fibres instead of red, it's better to do exercises with 12-15reps instead of usual 6-8

it does activate white twitch fibers which are mch bigger than red, thus, you will increase in size

I heard the same thing, was wondering why my friends are coming more stronger and bigger ( I'm 185cm and my diet is like 50/50) and I heard that apparently if you have a lot of white twitch fibres instead of red, it's better to do exercises with 12-15reps instead of usual 6-8

Not necessarily. As long as you keep under 12 reps(most will say 15 on larger muscle groups such as legs) you will hit more of your white twitch fibers. This is because white twitch ivers drawn on ur ATP-cp system

However, to get more specific, lower range1-5 will hit more comparison to anything above that.

But, anything which has high intensity/explosiveness/anaerobic training will target white Reich fivers.

In suggest to go cross training because it incorporates high intensity at explosive training

Like instead o normal squats, do squat jumps. Onstead of your normal standing military press to jump-push presses. Instead of ur normal bench push do quick presses. You do lighter weight usually so u can 'explode' for the exercise

Hope it helps.

Edited by Rasian

so I decided I might start training my body "Muscular Endurance" wise to get ready for the Kapooka Recruit training.

You dont have to do the special forces training program to get ready for kapooka. Crawl before you walk.

Start with doing circuits involving pushups, heaves....basically bodyweight exercises. Try for like 60 pushups, 100 situps and 10 heaves. That will put you above

most people you'll ever meet at kapooka.

Don't stress too much, you'll learn what you have to there, then you'll have a few years in the army to train properly before attempting selection.

@180_mph, I know I don't have to, but I read through it and it sounded fun! I love intense sessions that was presented on the program, hence why I want to do it. But i understand were you're coming from and I guess i am a bit stress, judging by my laziness >.>

But yea, in general just want to train my Muscular Endurance,might find another way or make my own hybrid lol

Thanks for your help!