Sign in to follow this  
GODZILLA

JET200 sets new S-Chassis record at Wakefield

Hey everyone. We went to Wakefield for a shakedown to make sure the re-built gearbox and the other revisions worked OK but came away with the S-Chassis lap record after John Boston piloted the car to a 1:02.572 Many have been asking who would be the first into the 2s at Wakefield, and to be honest, I didn't think it would be us but we are over the moon! I;m sure the record won't last long though after hearing about the other Silvia's being built for WTAC! I also piloted the car to a new PB at Wakefield of 1:04.595

The scary part is how easy the car did it and how much is left in the car. We ran on a year old 265 tyres, no front splitter and the boost controller turned off. A few niggly problems, but clearly nothing major!

For WTAC we are turning up the power from 330 to 390, fitting new 295s all round and installing a SX Developments front splitter as well as making a few tweaks to the alignment and brakes.

We have a full write up of the day on our website here: http://motivedvd.com...d-on-shakedown/

In typical fashion the forward facing camera decided to have a corrupt file, so here is the other on-board looking at Boz. The shadow of the tower thing hanging over the straight is used as the reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqX2nXqI51c

Bosso 2nd session.jpg

Edited by GODZILLA

awesome stuff :)

Our only back to back test with the splitter gave an 8 second improvement at EC, so you should be able to do at least a 58 at wakefield :P

ha ha. I doubt that, but Boz thinks a 60 ( even if its 60.9 ) is possible with our plans

Not sure if it is something that would worry you guys but during the vid you can see that the braided lines running into the boot from inside actually move around a fair bit so you might want to bang a few rivet in cable tie mounts and secure them......

Other wise sounding good and looking forward to seeing more of this to come

Congrats Andrew. Impressive and even more so when you consider the work still to be done.

Boston is quick ah!

If John Boston can go 2 seconds quicker than me does it mean my s14 with bolt ons can do mid 3s at Wakefield?

ha ha. I doubt that, but Boz thinks a 60 ( even if its 60.9 ) is possible with our plans

Would you do a video on data logging and how to read/use the results?

Important things to log that you found useful/interesting in your experience?

It might only appeal to a small group of people, but with wtac coming up you might have more viewers.

looks like Matt just pushed his poor little 2871R around wakefield in 1:02.4 :D

Very impressive!

Looks like im changing my plans. Forget gearing up to go back to Eastern Creek. Wakefield it is!

Pull the covers off next week and get the car sorted out to go back sometime in the next 6 weeks.

Good to see the s-chassis competition is heating up! First into the 61s and 60s now

I think it is more relevant that time was achieved by owner / driver not not professional racing car driver.

hehe yeah I think street car is a bit of a stretch - although I've seen Matt's car driven around on the road more than many!

Also, 2871R??!!

I'm trying to get Under to bring the Scorch car to Wakefield next year :P

hehe yeah I think street car is a bit of a stretch - although I've seen Matt's car driven around on the road more than many!

Also, 2871R??!!

I'm trying to get Under to bring the Scorch car to Wakefield next year :P

Stuff Wakefield I want to see it at Phillip Island! His car would haul around there with the aero/power!! =)

Have updated the time on the leaderboard.

Matt: when you can, pls update with the details/mods on the car. Thanks.

I think it is more relevant that time was achieved by owner / driver not not professional racing car driver.

Matt's done a lot more laps than I have at Wakefield, so should that be taken into consideration too?

Phillip island would be fun, yes

I guess thats a choice Matts made to keep the car reasonably simple and spend the money on seat time. Which is also the most fun part. I'll be in the same boat as you soon Andrew. My car should be capable of some good times but I'll need a lot of practice to get it there myself! =)

Least you know what the car can do, you have the data to analyze and can work on matching Bostons lap corner by corner.

I guess thats a choice Matts made to keep the car reasonably simple and spend the money on seat time. Which is also the most fun part. I'll be in the same boat as you soon Andrew. My car should be capable of some good times but I'll need a lot of practice to get it there myself! =)

Least you know what the car can do, you have the data to analyze and can work on matching Bostons lap corner by corner.

Exactamundo

It is a demo car for Motive DVD too, so its lap times are important. Boz shows what it can do, and I'm getting tuition off him as well. I don't care what anyone sais, a 1:04 in any car is not easy. Considering it was my 4th time at Wakefield doing timed driving, 2nd time in the car and maybe my 7th time overall, I was very happy with my lap time.

I don't think anyone is bagging you for a 104, it's stupid quick. Just wanna see more owner driver action so it levels the playing field. =]

You taking your car to the SAU nationals this yr?

Hopefully we can get James and Matts cars down there too. Have some fun eating RB's for breakfast =D

Edited by CaBS

Maybe I dont think they like wakefield much though, not fast enough.

When are the SAU Nats?

In November sometime I think?