Sign in to follow this  
NunzY

TD06 Sr20det Anyone have?

Hey people,

Currently looking into a turbo upgrade on an Sr20... Yes i've seen dyno sheets, done my research etc. But we all know it's just paperwork. SO who out there has a TD06 setup?

Next question is, can anyone take me for a spin. I will give you money for petrol.

If you want to help out contact me on 0402 620 908

Thanks in advance!!

I have TD06SH25G turbo kit on JET200 with 12cm rear housing and custom dump pipe. I've had this turbo with standard 8cm rear housing and GReddy dump pipe on a few engine combinations.

ON stock engine it is a terrible turbo. Om built engine with hydraulic lifters, it is still terrbile turbo. Once you put solid lifters, double valve springs, big cams, big inlet manifold and cooler it comes alive and is a great turbo, making 330rwkW on pump fuel on 21psi and up to 370rwkW on race fuel.

A TD06L2-20G is great on a stocky type engine. It technically comes on later than a Garrett GT30 but when it does come on, it hits hard and is a "fun" turbo to have on your car and sounds great! Also very reliable turbo.

it will make 270rwkW all day on pump fuel on a stock SR with drop in cams and support gear. Can make 300rwkW when leaned on with built engine.

I cant take you for a drive as JET200 is a race car.

How muhc power do you want to make? Street, race or drift? Other supporting mods?

i have Greddy TD06s-20g simple head set up. Tomei pro cams, stock hydraulic lifters, tomei cam gears, BC valve springs and retainers and tomei RAS and apexi 1.1 head gasket

with a greddy manifold and greddy 50mm gate, then the usual bolt on junk. injectors, pump etc

car made 250kw on 18psi which isn't even pushing the turbo! they start working properly over 20psi but yeah at 18 it was pretty laggy! but i still love it because when it boosts it boost's hard! haha

Hey mate i just got one on my car and i am actually pretty disapointed, TD0620G Sl2 10cm rear, and the car makes 250Kw @17PSI, i must say my tuner has spent alot of time to try and get it as good as he could, but it just wouldnt play game, i had a 30/76 before and it was 300rpm laggyer but did 300Kw on same motor, and to be hones I cant feel 300rpm but i certainly can feel 50 Kw

Im saying from my experiance and the way i like my car set up i know some people out there might think different but i would not go the TD06 it dosent give me crash hot response nor crash hot power figures.

Thats my 2cents have a good day gents

Can I ask why only 17psi? The L2 is still good at lower boost pressures compared to other jap kits of the same era but you can ring it a bit harder than that. Also I personally don't believe the L2 is best with a 10cm housing. There is more power in it for sure mate

Edit: also can you supply a list of mods for us and well do our best to narrow down what's going on.

Edited by Red_Gem

Edit: also can you supply a list of mods for us and well do our best to narrow down what's going on.

10cm... That's whats going on

Is that internal or external gate?

mods, front mount, 3in exhaust, forged bottom end, haltech, injectors, fuel pump .. small stuff

it wasnt making much more power when he tried to wind up the boost on the dyno,

is 10 cm not the right thing to get? is it too small?

Too big. Lots of people on here now make around the 270-280rwkw mark on pump, up to and over 300kw on ethanol with the 8cm.

Thanks for the advice guys, so if i change to a smaller rear housing i should make more power? some what dosent make sence with the advice i got from one of the most reputable tuners in Vic

Thanks for the advice guys, so if i change to a smaller rear housing i should make more power? some what dosent make sence with the advice i got from one of the most reputable tuners in Vic

More power than what you are making now.. What cams do you have?

I only have standard cams for now,

So a 8cm will make more power than a 10cm,? I dont think this statement is correct , but from talking to status tuning "cat", said that a 10cm will make 300kw much easier than a 8cm, and they have tuned alot of them.

I would say it will make the same power with less lag. Your setup really needs aftermarket cams though. SR20+TD06+264s is in my opinion about as good as an SR20 gets for power everywhere and midrange torque. Is it getting tuned at Status? If so they know what there on about

mods, front mount, 3in exhaust, forged bottom end, haltech, injectors, fuel pump .. small stuff

it wasnt making much more power when he tried to wind up the boost on the dyno,

is 10 cm not the right thing to get? is it too small?

you need an 8cm rear housing, cams and more boost.. as mentioned above MANY people have got around 270-280kw's with that turbo..

You really need cams to bring your setup alive aswell, especially with a 10cm rear housing.

Stocks cams would almost be choking the head up with the amount of air your trying to fill the cylinders with.

Lag town aswell with such a big rear to turn the turbo without the head helping it out.

If it was me I wouldn't do anymore tuning, sort out the head (could probably leave the 10cm as is if you want really strong mid to top end) and re-tune it properly.

What head work are you guys suggesting appart from drop in cams? something where the engine dosent have to come out?

Head will need to come off obviously. But just the usual stuff, cams, gears, rocker stoppers, port, port match everything. You will FEEL huge gains by just cams, gears and an 8cm housing. Assuming your engine is in reasonable health.

I think i may have found the discrepancy, i have a RB25 gearbox with an s15 standard manual diff, i understand the rations are different,

Is it possible to get a Roller dyno read out dyno graph in shoot out mode Torqe and Power vs Speed and inlet temp, just to see i might be up on torque in comparison.

I will get my dyno sheet up tomorow

Leave the 10cm on and get some cams. You don't need to port or port match anything. Yes its better if you do but the cost just spirals for that type of work and frankly not many SR's have this work done and yet still make good power.

A set of cams will wake the turbo up. To be honest 250rwk @17psi is pretty good without cams.

The type of cams you use will dictate what you also do but it won't hurt to get some valve springs and rocker arm stoppers. Cam gears are not necessary now but can assist with further fine-tuning.

Your tuner, if he has any experience with SR20's should be able to tell you what cams to get.

and if you do decide to get cams, they arent merely as expensive as you might think, try looking up frsport.com, you will save yourself a couple hundred.

i am trying to put up my dyno graph no luck, it is 253.7Kw

but can you guys tell me how much torque you have made?

Hey mate i just got one on my car and i am actually pretty disapointed, TD0620G Sl2 10cm rear, and the car makes 250Kw @17PSI, i must say my tuner has spent alot of time to try and get it as good as he could, but it just wouldnt play game, i had a 30/76 before and it was 300rpm laggyer but did 300Kw on same motor, and to be hones I cant feel 300rpm but i certainly can feel 50 Kw

Im saying from my experiance and the way i like my car set up i know some people out there might think different but i would not go the TD06 it dosent give me crash hot response nor crash hot power figures.

Thats my 2cents have a good day gents

I only have standard cams for now,

So a 8cm will make more power than a 10cm,? I dont think this statement is correct , but from talking to status tuning "cat", said that a 10cm will make 300kw much easier than a 8cm, and they have tuned alot of them.

wait, what?? you made 300kw with stock cams and a 3076??

What boost was that at? The standard cams would have to be restricting the flow in a big way wouldnt they? I have never heard of anyone making that power on stock cams.

Almost 300rwk with no cams... so what were you hoping to achieve by going to the TD06?? Should have just thrown some cams in there mate.

Don't bother trying to tune this thing to make power, your just keeping your tuner in business. Get the cams in and then go from there. Actually put the 3076 back on, get the cams in and go from there...

I honestly thought i would get more response with same or atleast similar power (swaping my 3076 to td06),

but looks like i made a mistake,

i guess depending on what you are chasing , power or response but the td06 did not give me the response i was expectiong nor the power.

Just giving people the heads up not to make the same mistake i did... thats all..