Sign in to follow this  
dbr11k

Sway The 20V 4AGTE AE71

Will sound better when it isn't running so lean and with a proper fuel set up... And 18psi going through it lol, that was only 10psi

put up a list of the mods on the first post for anyone who gives a shit lol

Edited by dbr11k

This is going to look like shit lol.. oh well no turning back now..

IMAG0272.jpg

Going to be soooo much work to get this to fit good, probably should have waited and looked around for the s15 dash lol.. oh well no one ever said being different was easy!

IMAG0277.jpg

Edited by dbr11k

Haha. I did most of the fab on that engine setup. That's the combo that won us the 2006 drift Australia championship! Good to see its being put to good use again

So you work at hypertune? What's the odds hey, yea it won't go to waste and its definitely not going into any shitter, I love how everything bolts onto factory holes it took me less than an hour to have everything in and hooked up, awesome work mate!

Had a very productive day today, cut a hole out of my boot floor and went back inside to the heater lol... Should bring the centre of gravity down a bit but, I'll weld up the mounts for it tomorrow and take it out again and weld the 8an fittings on it and the surge tank, going to weld some alloy around the top of it and drill holes all around it, and just pop rivet it in there to seal it off, need to get another bulkhead fitting now..

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

Bout time I got stuck into some panel work an get this thing ready for paint, removed all hanging panels except the doors, vents, door handles, locks, welded all the badge holes, Ariel hole, front side blinkers shaved

I stripped out all the factory loom cause its just unwanted weight and I'm only using the basics, lights hazard etc.. also got rid of the stalk and ignition barrel/lock, and shortened it by 60mm, fukd around with my dash a bit, did a bit of sanding bla bla bla

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0316-1.jpg

IMAG0318.jpg

IMAG0320-1.jpg

this car is going to be crazy,track car or what?

Yea lol, might see of I can get someone to turn a blind eye to a few things and get it rego one day, just so I can drive it to and from the track, but I don't like my chances, plus its to much f**king around, I would have to convert all the suspension back to standard for a start, as its all rose jointed

I think its just too far modded to get it passed or engineered at all

My wallet is like an onion, everytime I open it, it makes me cry

IMG_20120706_100002.jpg

Stripping back ready for primer and paint, did a bit of seam welding around the diff mount area's and the insides of my rear flares... Soooo many burns on my head from the splatter.

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

Few more pictures, cause everyone loves pictures, I need to get my trd shocks re built, some better rear springs, adjustable spring perches etc.. ordered a few little things like polyurethane bushes for the shocks upper and lower, got some alloy for my fuel cell so I can start modifying it to make it a drop tank.. still do much to do..

IMAG0337-1.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0344-1.jpg

this is going to look so tuff when its finished

Hope so haha .. shouldn't be to much more to get it driving ..... Lol just kidding there's a shit load of work to go

IMAG0358.jpg

You need to focus on doing one thing at a time.... your all over the place!!!

Nice build man, were these plates on a Rolla that used to get around blacktown way??

I can see why it looks like I'm all over the place, but I'm not really, I need to get the welding finished, get it painted, install fuel system, get a wheel alignment, tail shaft made, exhaust made, tune done, all in that order.. and after that is all fiddley shit... Wiring lights, gauges etc... Might leave the tune to last, I can drive it the way it's tuned, just won't be getting full potential out of it..

Yea it was a Sydney car, it used to see track time before I owned it, had a surge tank fitted and a few drift suspension bits.. most of the sound deadening was taken off, heater removed etc, then the guy that had it before me put a full interior back in it..

Haha thanks man, will be good wen it stops raining so I can paint the damn thing and get it all back together

not to much, cars nearly ready for top coat, welded my frame up for the cell.. just heaps of little shit out of the way.. and the car is off the stands and back rolling on 4 wheels again which is always a good thing, going to be selling my t series diff and hopefully getting an f series.. got adjustable spring perches, shorter 6kg springs and I just bought a pair of TRD blue adjustable shocks instead of getting the seals done on my greens.. got a carbon fibre cam belt/spark plug cover to snaz it up a bit.. little bit of wiring done on the rear end for tail lights... braided fuel hoses running through the car, still need to do all the TIG welding on the cell and surge

HOPEFULLY I'll be painting it on Tuesday.. but it sorta comes down to the weather, after that's done it's sort of a home stretch putting it all back together

e20ed411.jpg

d29dbda6.jpg

79323931.jpg

0d33bf8c.jpg

lol glad to see this things still alive! and looks like things are finally getting done right to it... this was my mates old car (from a few years ago) and dam it had a hard life with the 20v it had haha!

ya it's getting there slowly, I coulda had it done by now but I dumped 5g from my tax return onto debts so things slowed down a bit..

haha I bet it did, I got it off a distant relative Ryan for cheap and then sold the silver top for as much as I payed for the car :P that 20v was definitely run in that's for sure lol

took the plunge and put a deposit on this diff and brake set up, mk2 corona diff, TRD 2way LSD, custom welded traction brackets, twin skyline caliper setup with speed flow Teflon brake lines, and also a tail shaft to suit..

it's about $1000 over my budget for building the t series diff up, but I know I won't break this setup anytime soon, and it comes with the big brakes as a bonus..

7d36ed25.jpg

d1880d86.jpg

f8b43bf2.jpg