Sign in to follow this  
ChiefStudly

Supplement Reviews

Not quite sure.

Not many people know that whey protein actually blocks the expression of lactate dehydrogenase (breaks down lactic acid) (although this was anecdotaly assumed from the results), whey protein supplementation leads to lower levels of lactate dehydrogenase.

Alot of high level athletes take the vegetable stuff as it is just as effective.

Edited by Dr. Cranium

Anyone here take coconut oil?

Seems to be the hot product right now, hearing about it everywhere. I don't take it myself and I don't think I will.

Has anyone ever heard that protein powders give you kidney stones ? Tafe teacher was telling me the other day that he and his brother both got kidney stones shortly after they started lifting and downing skakes ..

Excessive use of protien shakes has been known to yes.

Seems to be the hot product right now, hearing about it everywhere. I don't take it myself and I don't think I will.

brb.. pre-workout coconut.

back. Peakin hard still. mad pump. just lifted 649% more than what I usually do.

Going to safeway to buy out their coconut supplies.

Also got me shredded in one workout. insane.

Has anyone ever heard that protein powders give you kidney stones ? Tafe teacher was telling me the other day that he and his brother both got kidney stones shortly after they started lifting and downing skakes ..

More like lack of water.

People who have never touched protein shakes in their life get kidney stones from drinking no water. Just drink a bit more water and you'll be sweet

Kidney stones are the FARKIN worst thing to get. Hurt like hell.

I got them before I started training so no correleation between them and protein. Main reason is not enough water so if you drink a lot of water you should be OK.

I drink between 2-4 litres of water a day as I dont want to have that stuff ever again!!!

I have 4-5 scoop of whey a day in milk.

But I also have about 3 big jugs of water as well.

Water is the only thing I drink besides milk with my shakes.

Should be good?

I drink water like it's going out of fashion. Scared shitless of getting a kidney stone. Looks so painful.

f**k. That.

Reporting back on JACK3D.

After 2nd and 3rd uses, I don't like it.

1st use was great. 2nd and 3rd, I feel lethargic halfway through workout. Breathing much heavier than normal and sweating/over heating more, possibly due to elevated heart rate. And I feel somewhat like I would being fried. After my normal workouts without JACK3D, I either feel tired (like normal), or somewhat energised/happy.. probably from endorphins.

This was 3 uses over the course of 2 weeks.

Gonna not use it at all next week and see how I feel.

Get the same thing with meso.

Still taking it though as it's more of a placebo and gets me energized at the very start to just get stuck in.

with jack3d i find i can only use it effectively around once a week. it does work amazingly you just have to use it with big gaps in between. eg last week i used it two days in a row didnt feel shit. havnt used it in about 7 days and had some today and im still bouncing off the walls. maybe im weird but thats how i have found it works.

It gets me stuck into it at the start of my workout aswell. But the effects during my workout are less than desirable, so it ends up first half being great, and second half being really average. And when I get home I feel like arse aswell.

I'll take a break from it, and use it again after a week and see how I go. I'm guessing JACK3D was just a one hit wonder for me.

I cant drink red bull cause my heart goes stupid.

would jack3d have the same result

Don't recommend then.

This elevates your heart rate more than an energy drink would.

I cant drink red bull cause my heart goes stupid.

would jack3d have the same result

Yeah definitely wouldn't use any sort of stimulants if I were you.

Taken from a retailer about the ban of DMAA in Australia;

News has been received today that DMAA (also known as 1,3 dimethylamylamine, Geranium & 4-methylhexane-2-amine) shall be banned and a likely date has now been set. In the US supplements containing this ingredient are no longer being produced due to a directive & warning from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In Canada the ingredient is illegal for sale. As of April 9th DMAA was banned in New Zealand & now in Australia there has been an early TGA interim decision on the legality of DMAA.

In short the ingredient DMAA shall most likely become illegal for sale from July 31st, 2012. Regulatory authorities have made an interim scheduling which fast-tracks this ingredients ban in Australia. This means all products containing DMAA shall be classified under Schedule 9 of the Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Medicines and Poisons (SUSMP). Thus making the manufacture & sale of DMAA likely prohibited by law after July 31st.

As a result, the following products would be illegal for sale by this months end & include; USPlabs Jack3d, Nutrex Hemorage Ultra Concentrate, APS Mesomorph, USPlabs Oxy Elite, Mutant Mayhem, Neogenix Cryochock, CTD Labs NoxiPro, Dorian Yates Nox Pump, VPX Clenbutrx Hardcore, Promera Beta-Cret, Nutrabolics Hemorush & Neogenix Neuroblast. Reports are Muscletech Neurocore shall also be unavailable.

We advise we are holding limited stocks of DMAA products. In New Zealand when a similar regulatory decision providing 14 days notice was announced, all retailers sold out within 7 days due to massive & overwhelming consumer demand. The firm ban was then enforced as forecast. Thus we expect it likely all DMAA products shall be sold well before the final day of July 31st (approximately 50% of products and flavors have already sold out in the past month). In the very unlikely event any products containing DMAA remain unsold once this ban takes place. They then, shall not be sold by MrSupplement under any circumstances. Such goods would be destroyed. As a responsible Australian retailer we shall abide completely with regulations once this ban takes effect.

The wash up then is if you are wanting supplements containing the soon to be banned ingredient DMAA. It is recommended that you purchase immediately & without delay. With abnormally high demand for DMAA supplements we anticipate selling out very quickly (before the ban date of July 31st is imposed). This ingredient shall never be available in Australia again.

Further comprehensive information pertaining to the Australian DMAA ban may be viewed on the TGA web site

Anybody seen anything else?

Yeah been told about this last week.

It's no wonder these pre workout drinks behave just like a extacy tablet, high enery levels, only working well the 1st time resulting in having to double or triple up the next time.

I would like to know, if the banned products contain dmaa, what's in the ones not banned that give you the same effect

I would like to know, if the banned products contain dmaa, what's in the ones not banned that give you the same effect

would also like to know this aswell

maybe its just me but ive been using meso for a fair while now and it works for me everytime giving me that extra boost, im not sure whether this is true but i heard one of the main reason dmaa products are getting banned it because 2 or 3 14-15 yr olds brought a container of it and split it up between themselves and drank the whole lot and ended up in hospital dont know whether is true but thats what i heard

i also tried war machine the other day and i dont recommend it, in my opinion it did nothing and it taste disgusting i struggled to drink 150-200ml of it

This information is on 'Bulk Nutrients' website from their Managing Director- http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/pre-workout (I have underlined the replacement product)

Please note this product now contains N Methyl Tyramine as a replacement for DMAA. The packaging at this stage has not been changed.

There is no DMAA (Geranium) present in this product.

Most customers would know by now that there is legislative change due to occur shortly in Australia (August the 1st expected date). On this date it is expected that the Governing Body controlling such goods (which in this case is the TGA) will have DMAA, Geranium etc re classed as Schedule 9, which is a Poison.When this occurs, DMAA will no longer be permissible in Australia in any form. It will not be able to be sold in capsule form, included in food products or as a raw powder.

Bulk Nutrients realising that this move was inevitable, has not purchased DMAA for some time and have been researching other ingredients, which can be used as an alternative stimulant in its popular Pre Workout Nt product.Regardless of what you read from other manufacturers utilising replacement ingredients, (we expect a lot of hype and claims about better replacements) there is nothing currently available, which exhibits as strong Central Nervous System Stimulation as DMAA.

The replacement we have selected N MethylTyramine, is the most effective replacementas far as we are concerned. The dosages utilised by us are considered effective, most testing having confirmed the dosage of 50mg per serve.Although not as powerful stimulant as DMAA, the benefits of N MethylTyramine is that it is legal (at least for now) and is completely acceptable for any drug tested athlete, whether in or out of competition.

If you have any questions about this product, please feel free to contact u s by email at Bulk Nutrients.

Probably worth pointing out that Assault and a host of other pre-workouts dont contain DMAA.

It's no wonder these pre workout drinks behave just like a extacy tablet, high enery levels, only working well the 1st time resulting in having to double or triple up the next time.

:lol: WHAT? They behave nothing like ecstasy/MDMA or any street pill/drug, nor any other pharmaceutically produced psycho-stimulant.. Yes, it's a stimulant. It's also a completely different kind of stimulant which works off different receptors.

Edited by Shark