Any other suggestions?

Yeah, changing plates won't help, as they have records even when out of rego. The RTA site isn't clear about whether EPA/defects are dropped when deregistered, however knowing NSW, you'll probably get f*cked harder than replacing the parts and clearing the defect. I personally don't allow my car to run out of rego just due to the 'import factor'.

http://www.rta.nsw.g...heck/index.html

http://www.rta.nsw.g...ndex.html#ASCIS

Call the RTA and confirm what happens in relation to EPA notices on deregistration, requirements for a modified import to get blueslip, and what cashback you get when you elect to deregister.

The easiest option could be to buy the cheapest stock 200sx you can find, drop it's stock gear in, clear the EPA, put your crap back, then sell the spare car. At least that way you have everything you need, you'll get it fast and know it all works. The catch is the initial outlay, time to sell it, and transfer of ownership costs.

Tinker with the stock FPR lines to reduce fuel pressure slightly to lean it out a little, and it should pass ok on a stock tune.

The alternative is to smash the classifieds and try to gather all the parts you need now, that way you'll be set should an EPA come in the mail, or for the next time.

I can sell you a stock S13 sidemount intercooler for cheap, if that helps you at all. No factory bov though.

Rubbish.... I got my car with modifications through Engineering, DECC Noise and Anti-tampering check and a Blue Slip not too long ago and the process was completely smooth and trouble free.

This was under the old ECS scheme so things may have changed a little, but I wouldn't imagine they have changed too much in regards to the DECC specific stuff.

I got defected quite a while ago for not having anything certified, though my modifications were legal. Got a DECC notice, and due to family issues couldn't get it cleared in time so my car ended up de-registering (Do this as soon as possible if this is something you plan on doing as you get the remainder of your Rego fee's back, likewise for greenslip).

I got through DECC inspection with:

- Full 3" exhaust (Catco compliance cat, mid muffler, muffler). Tested 82db max on acceleration and 88db on decel

- Custom airbox (well designed, using a dry pod and engineered to noise standards)

- Front mount

- Nistune

- 740cc injectors

- etc...

The DECC don't car about your other modifications only emissions specific - So things like non-plumback BOV, Intercooler, Loud exhaust, un-boxed POD and non-compliant airbox, catch cans that vent, etc....

If you do things properly then you wont have any issues. I remember being freaked out before going through the entire process after all of the horror stories posted online about how hard it is to get through everything, but now that I have done it I really can't understand what all the fuss was about.

The IM240 is also not that difficult to pass, I did it first go on 98 unleaded. The advice I got from the tuner (Unigroup) was to get a new O2 sensor and make sure that I was using a compliance cat. Passing the IM240 with cams is not a problem as long as you aren't running anything too extreme. I don't know if you will need to do the IM240 to get all your mods through, you should ask one of the inspectors.

Also, I went to the guy in Campbeltown. He was a good bloke and was very professional while he did his inspection.

Edited by Lucius

Anyone used Hitman tuning in Penrith? According to his site u just drop off the car, he will make it pass and u pick it up all done?

^^^^^ really... no EPA letter as of yet :)

sounds like some dodgy shit but if it works, might keep it in mind.

^^^^^ really... no EPA letter as of yet :)

Yeah took me a good 4-6weeks to get mine the DECC/EPA take their sweet time sending out inspection notices

^^^^^ really... no EPA letter as of yet smile.png

Yeah took me a good 4-6weeks to get mine the DECC/EPA take their sweet time sending out inspection notices

DAMN, i was feeling good that i wasn't going to get the letter.

^^^^^ really... no EPA letter as of yet smile.png

DAMN, i was feeling good that i wasn't going to get the letter.

Yeah don't count your lucky stars just yet it's a government department wouldn't surprise me if it comes up to 3 months later all u can do is save up cash to buy stock parts etc and hope the best as its in the hands of the EPA :( gl but

ok so people scare you a lot about EPA...i literally passed on my second go 2 days ago with the following still on

aftermarket fpr

fmic

top mount fuel rail

bigger turbo

stock ex mani

plumbed back ex gate

all that stuff was on there and it was still passed...had put a quieter exhaust on but thats it...also make sure you have o2 sensor on the dump as well as make sure you have afm...and also make sure your engine light works...

oh yeah decat is a straight fail so dont bother without a cat

Yeah i actually had pretty similar setup and got cleared first time no problem... i had to throw on stock suspension, borrowed standard exhaust off an ns mate, even left the highmount on, just sprayed it matte black.. But choose which station you go to wisely, some have higher success rates than others. And remember its their licence on the line so try your best not to give them a reason to break your balls i guess