Sign in to follow this  
antonio

Samsung Galaxy S III

^^^^^exactly what i was thinking,i feel i dont even make full use of the power of my sg1 let alone what a 3 has.

How did you gauge its speed?

Responsiveness on the UI is not really a credible test.

True.

But I don't use mine than much more than a phone for calling and texting. Some fb and twitter, but that's about it. So my SG1 is actually up to par still I think. So yeah, just opening and closing apps, typing, browsing was all pretty much the same. The browser did run better though with heavy flash/java sites (not surprisingly), so that's good.

I'm still on a S1 with CM7 and it's quick, not worth the upgrade for me. What apps do people use that actually make full potential of the quad-core on the S3?

I like to have fancy active backgrounds like the asteroids one.

I started playing some of the more strenuous games on my S2 but got sick of waiting for the games to load as the saves got bigger.

I would say the quad core will be useful to have many things running at once, probably not the sort of thing you would utilise with any one application.

How did you gauge its speed?

Responsiveness on the UI is not really a credible test.

True.

But I don't use mine than much more than a phone for calling and texting. Some fb and twitter, but that's about it. So my SG1 is actually up to par still I think. So yeah, just opening and closing apps, typing, browsing was all pretty much the same. The browser did run better though with heavy flash/java sites (not surprisingly), so that's good.

I'm still on a S1 with CM7 and it's quick, not worth the upgrade for me. What apps do people use that actually make full potential of the quad-core on the S3?

I thought that about my HTC Desire about 8months ago (had CM?). Then i had a Samsung Galaxy SII handed to me and never looked back. Although the Desire was fine and did everything i wanted it to do, the Galaxy SII just kicks it's arse in every way.

I dare say the same comparison can be made about the Galaxy S/SII and the Galaxy S3.

I hate my HTC Desire and I cannot wait till I can upgrade to a SGS3.

I hate my HTC Desire and I cannot wait till I can upgrade to a SGS3.

+1

I heavily modded the Desire to make it useful. Once i did though, i never had a problem with it.

Biggest improvement was changing the system to use the 32GB memory card for all applications bar the Android System.

I like to have fancy active backgrounds like the asteroids one.

lol you just reminded me about the awesome space live wallpaper I used to have ages ago. Ever since I installed CM7 I've just used the default background.

Miui rom? =(

Xda is pretty bare with custom roms. is that because most the moders are based in America and their still waiting for it?

Upgraded to GSIII a few days ago from iPhone 3gs. New to android so what are some must have apps and things to do to the phone? Any equivalent of installous? So far I'm pretty unimpressed and thinking I should've waited for the iphone 5. Once it's all set up properly though I might have a different opinion.

Upgraded to GSIII a few days ago from iPhone 3gs. New to android so what are some must have apps and things to do to the phone? Any equivalent of installous? So far I'm pretty unimpressed and thinking I should've waited for the iphone 5. Once it's all set up properly though I might have a different opinion.

Wanna sell it to me?

i got mine yesterday, absolutly love it.

does so much more than my old iphone (jailbroken) and sensation.

Yeah I am quite enjoying it. The S-Voice can be retarded but its good for a laugh.

Battery has been very good too :D

Edited by Noobles

So have they fixed the battery life issues that the S2 had?

I just saw a friend of mine's from work today. It's quite a bit larger than my sgs1 (but which phone isn't, lol) and feels pretty responsive. he's a phone nerd, so i'm expecting benchmarks in the coming weeks :P

Was weighing up between this and the OneX, mate of mine has the S3 and it's pretty nice but feels kinda cheap to me, and not a huge fan of Pentile display so prob go with the HTC. I know the oneX doesn't have a card slot but honestly 32gb is plenty for me as this is just going to be a muck around phone until the iPhone 5 is released.

Kinda excited to start dabbling in Android especially after using an iPhone for the last 3 years, I think 4.0 is pretty solid and worth a try now.

welcome to the dark side danny, we have ice cream sandwiches :lol:

welcome to the dark side danny, we have ice cream sandwiches :lol:

Mmmm, better be careful when using Android, may rot teeth.:D

only thing i dont like is it doesnt have a button to drop the keyboard down when your done.

it also doesnt put a full stop when you double tap space (edit found the option.)

other than that its awsome.

im getting 2 days out of my battery.

Edited by RAD100

only thing i dont like is it doesnt have a button to drop the keyboard down when your done.

Are you talking about when you're typing using the web browser on the phone?

If you click the back button once it will drop the keyboard. (The button to the right of the menu button on the bottom right hand corner.)

Got mine and got no f**king clue how to use it haha makes my iPhone look like a POS!

I have had mine for a couple of weeks and I love it. Haven't had to pay for any apps yet either.

Has anyone got an unlocked out of contract blue one yet?

You can get one from MobiCity for $769 (including the extra $40 for blue).

http://www.mobicity....i9300-16gb.html

Edited by Chappy

My telstra shop just got blue unlocked ones yesterday, we got about 10 in, so close to getting one now!

Blue ??? Really??

I went in to Telstra to get a s3 in white but they had blue only and said they ordered white ages ago but it hasn't arrived.

Went and upgraded my phone from iphone to sII, could not justify the III when they offered me the II on $30 a month. could not really find a reason to spend an extra $40 a month.

Could not be happier with it.

Bought a blue S3 outright on the weekend.

Enjoying it so far, much quicker than my rubbish old HTC Desire :lol: