antonio

Samsung Galaxy S III

Only retialer i've found so far, but I havne't been looking too hard:

White: http://www.ecrater.c...-s-3-s3-factory

Blue: http://www.ecrater.c...-s-3-s3-factory

and lol http://www.mobicity....ii-s3-64gb.html

Why is the mobicity ad funny?

Are you lol'ing at the price?

The $999 is for the 64gb version, everybody else has only stocked the 16gb version so far.

Kogan has the 16gb version for $789 and i would be much more comfortable buying from them than a seller with only 12 sales under their belt.

http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/samsung-galaxy-s3-16gb-blue/

Only problem with Kogan is, it won't ship for another week.

I went into the store and chatted to a hot chick, she was into drifting too!

And she gave the phone for free and on the medium contract.

That's awesome as... I'm going to try that when it's time to upgrade. I've got 4 months left on my contract though.

got it.

love it.

The release of the S3 was very hush hush. I was talking to the Samsung rep yesterday and she said she couldn't tell me the release date - just that it would be "soon". The phone came in this morning and on we put it on the shelves at 12. I was expecting it to take ages to come out. I had a very brief play with it and the page scrolling etc is so smooth. If it was a 4G phone I would have got it today - still can't believe it doesn't have this.

The $999 is for the 64gb version, everybody else has only stocked the 16gb version so far.

Kogan has the 16gb version for $789 and i would be much more comfortable buying from them than a seller with only 12 sales under their belt.

http://www.kogan.com...y-s3-16gb-blue/

the first two are the 32gb version.

if you think another 32gb is worth $342, then power to you, but to me that's a little expensive.

Samsung Galaxy S III launch event in Sydney

The release of the S3 was very hush hush. I was talking to the Samsung rep yesterday and she said she couldn't tell me the release date - just that it would be "soon". The phone came in this morning and on we put it on the shelves at 12. I was expecting it to take ages to come out. I had a very brief play with it and the page scrolling etc is so smooth. If it was a 4G phone I would have got it today - still can't believe it doesn't have this.

there's a 4g version coming out in a month. I don't really see the appeal of 4g at the moment, battery is more important to me at this stage

there's a 4g version coming out in a month. I don't really see the appeal of 4g at the moment, battery is more important to me at this stage

i wonder your opinion on that in 6 months time

http://www.kogan.com...y-s3-16gb-blue/

the first two are the 32gb version.

if you think another 32gb is worth $342, then power to you, but to me that's a little expensive.

I never said I did, I'm just saying you should compare like for like.

Kogan has the 16gb version for $789 with each higher model going up by $100 so maybe its not the seller who is setting the price?

And the first 2 links you posted point to a seller who is more than likely a scam. He has one 100% rating and 12 un-rated sales. If you want to piss $650 up the wall in the hope that you might get something in return then good luck to you.

Why do you say that? To get 4g you have to be on Telstra, which I won't do. Until optus bring out the 4g it's not happening for me. On top of that, unless you're tethering, or downloading a lot, 3g is bearable for loading web pages at the moment. I can live with it.

What's going to change in 6 months?

Where did you hear about the 4G version?

Why do you say that? To get 4g you have to be on Telstra, which I won't do. Until optus bring out the 4g it's not happening for me. On top of that, unless you're tethering, or downloading a lot, 3g is bearable for loading web pages at the moment. I can live with it.

What's going to change in 6 months?

I say this because more uses may be found for it. I've been burned for not waiting for the upgraded version of something to come out and feeling buyers remorse. Having said that, have you got plans to travel?

4g while traveling would be sweet on some locations I go. Internet is dirt cheap on pre-paid sim plans in some countries and that includes 4G coverage. I use my phone as a wireless hotspot to talk to family on skype while surfing the net and transferring pictures across. 4G would make having my g/f's laptop/phone connected at the same time so she can use the data at the same time.

But given time, 4G will be the standard.... or optus will jump straight to 5G, but I don't think they have the coin for that

4G won't be the standard during the life of the Galaxy S3.

I suspect we will be having a very similar debate when the Galaxy S4 comes out.

Can anyone actually confirm or deny that the dual core S3 with 4G will be out in Aud sometime in June?

I see speculation this model will be released in the US and Canada, but there is nothing concrete I can find.

I'm pretty keen to wait for a 4g model, but that said, I also don't really care.

Can anyone actually confirm or deny that the dual core S3 with 4G will be out in Aud sometime in June?

I see speculation this model will be released in the US and Canada, but there is nothing concrete I can find.

I'm pretty keen to wait for a 4g model, but that said, I also don't really care.

Telstra said around october

I went and played with one in the Voda store. To be honest, my GS1 with Cyanogen7 is just as fast. So I think I'll wait a few weeks/months maybe. Idk I'm a sucker for an impulse purchase...

How did you gauge its speed?

Responsiveness on the UI is not really a credible test.

True.

But I don't use mine than much more than a phone for calling and texting. Some fb and twitter, but that's about it. So my SG1 is actually up to par still I think. So yeah, just opening and closing apps, typing, browsing was all pretty much the same. The browser did run better though with heavy flash/java sites (not surprisingly), so that's good.

battery life? any one found it better or worse. im ordering mine monday

It has twice the battery life which I am really craving might get one too not sure If I should hold off until 4g version comes out ahhhhh decisions....

Edited by Curmi

why didnt this come out with 4g? I would have bought it by now if it was.

Im guessing so they can release something same time as iphone5 comes out.

I held one. It's actually not that big guys.

must..... resist.....penis.....joke......B===D

Edited by Fire_Child22

must..... resist.....penis.....joke......B===D

You held your mums penis!

Aaaah i'm so witty.

True.

But I don't use mine than much more than a phone for calling and texting. Some fb and twitter, but that's about it. So my SG1 is actually up to par still I think. So yeah, just opening and closing apps, typing, browsing was all pretty much the same. The browser did run better though with heavy flash/java sites (not surprisingly), so that's good.

I'm still on a S1 with CM7 and it's quick, not worth the upgrade for me. What apps do people use that actually make full potential of the quad-core on the S3?