Sign in to follow this  
antonio

Samsung Galaxy S III

it comes with ICS, just with their normal touchwizz on top of it

being pentile isnt a deal breaker for me, i doubt ill notice it at all unless im trying to spot it out

i think people got their expectations too high and are too fussy with things that barely matter

Agreed, but atleast it can be called a "New Model" not just a phone with an S slapped at the end.

The whole Pentile thing does not bother me, i doubt my Human rated vision will not be able to spot it out lol.

this is why I want this phone biggrin.pnghttp://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android
That is awesome. I can run easy debian on my phone (I haven't tried it but open office opens in 10 seconds), but Nokia not putting a HDMI out on the phone kind of limits the usefulness. Running full Ubuntu when plugging into a dock though is fantastic.

How do you run it? Dual boot? And what phone have you got?

I haven't heard anything more about this project for quite a few months now and the site hasn't updated for a little while.... it's not due until the end of the year though, so it's still early days smile.png

I have the Nokia N9. I haven't personally run easy debian yet. I am waiting a little bit longer for a couple of reasons (don't want to get too much into it as it is off topic)

Here is an older video on the N950 not the N9. On the video it says you need an external keyboard for the N9 but this isn't necessary anymore. If you can be bothered watching the whole video you will notice you don't need to dual boot it just works like any other app on the phone. I guess the fact that the N9 (and N950) runs plain linux makes this kind of thing a lot easier.

being pentile isnt a deal breaker for me, i doubt ill notice it at all unless im trying to spot it out

i think people got their expectations too high and are too fussy with things that barely matter

Agreed, but atleast it can be called a "New Model" not just a phone with an S slapped at the end.

The whole Pentile thing does not bother me, i doubt my Human rated vision will not be able to spot it out lol.

It is so strange people actually worry about this. You don't actually use your phone with your eyes one inch from the screen. A relatively larger screen is so much more important for daily useage. My only theory to why people actually worry about this is they have been sucked into Apples marketing machine and tend to focus on what doesn't matter (or at most is really a very minor issue) rather than what is important.

haha, you guys are funny.

If it was the other way around and the iPhone had the Pentile you'd be bagging it left right and center.

Funny thing is this is a thread about an Android phone but you guys still seem to mention the iPhone somehow. just admit you love to hate Apple. :D

I bagged Android in the Android thread for its shortcomings more than i bag apple. i don't hate apple either. I'll happily criticize there flaws though and i will also say when they get something right. Anyway, you couldn't really be more wrong.

haha, you guys are funny.

If it was the other way around and the iPhone had the Pentile you'd be bagging it left right and center.

Funny thing is this is a thread about an Android phone but you guys still seem to mention the iPhone somehow. just admit you love to hate Apple. biggrin.png

that's not entirely true. my next purchase was pointed towards the SGS3 because it had the best "speculated" specs on paper, not because I'm a Samsung aficionado.. One of the wonderful things about Android is that there are SO many android phones out there, that I can change my mind another 50 times before I actually buy the phone. With iPhone, you get one choice. If it's shit, that's it.

any news on the 4G release date?

Wanna pick one up while i'm in Malaysia if possible!

anyone herd release date for aust?

i have only herd its going to be one of the last places to release.

not keen on paying it out right, would rather get it on a plan :(

http://www.tpg.com.au/personal/mobile

or

http://liveconnected.com.au/

Get on it. $10-$15 per month, no contract, optus network. $550 calls, 1.5gb data.

It's about $300 on average cheaper than a plan, (including buying the phone outright) and there's no contracts. f**k plans these days. Not even close to being worth it.

yeh im up for renewal. so just hanging out for it.

Just got my Galaxy S3 today :)

20120531_103439.jpg

Who did you buy it from?

Didn't purchase it - was sent to me as a work phone.

Ok but somebody had to purchase it at some point.

Who was the supplier?

I'm just trying to figure out the best place to order mine from.

So do Telstra/Voda etc have this in store now? Plans?

Yea, lost my HTC.

Was looking at a real head *swearing filters own me*.

Walked into telstra. Had the Vodaphone plan cancelled with no exit fees.

Had new Samsung in my hand, ported over in 15 minutes.

Legends.

On $59 a month unlimited text / 2 gig / $800 worth of calls.

Was paying basically the same plan $100 through vodaphone with a shit Desire HD.

Yea, lost my HTC.

Legends.

Was paying basically the same plan $100 through vodaphone with a shit Desire HD.

$82 total including the phone?

Optus now have it available

Optus.com.au/SG

Yea, lost my HTC.

Legends.

haha, where you get $82 from? Was like $70 + $30 for phone. Shit vodaphone is shit.

Yea, lost my HTC.

Legends.

haha, where you get $82 from? Was like $70 + $30 for phone. Shit vodaphone is shit.

I meant from Telstra.

It's listed on the Telstra site... Total cost for SGS3 on Medium plan ($59) was quoted at $82.