Sign in to follow this  
davib

IS motoring tune : S15

Hi guys

I've read and searched about unigroup already - that their service and honesty is second to none.

Now i know indy, he is pretty good at what he does, on my evo and my mates he does wonderful things.

I remember that indy is more than a nissan man,

So im wondering if anyone on here, has their s15 tuned by him ?

Results ?

feeling ?

Please list all mods and power results + dyno graph if possible.

Anyone ?

Thanks

David

Got a heap of work done at IS after a mate refered him to me as an evo specislist. Had my old evo tuned by him. Let's just say I wouldn't go back. Awesome mechanic but his tuning I'm abit worried about.

Powertune or unigroup ftw mate.!

hi , what do you mean by his tuning worries you ??

i'd probably go unigroup , but wouldnt mind indy ...

What ecu ? Factory remap ? Aftermarket ?

typic s15 stuff - with FC

so i guess no one goes to indy..

i know indy loves his nissan too, thought i'd ask - anyone with dyno graphs with indy let me know!!

Dude there's a recommended workshop sticky in the nsw section. Call around and make up your mind or go speak to some of them in person.

Pulse at menai do alot of wrx and evos but i have little experience with them.

alternately Hitman is one of the best tuners in NSW for PFC

IS Motor Racing and Indy have a fantastic reputation in the Sydney evo scene. He has built and tuned heaps of tough street cars and also has a fair few customers who have their race cars looked after by him. Despite being most popular with evos, he is also very handy with Nissans and loves them (hence the R34 GTR and the S15 drift car he owns that are always at the workshop). He serviced my 33GTR; looked after and tuned my evo for over two years, and I'll be taking my 180SX to him to get the power fc retuned. I am and always have been very happy with his service, pricing and ability.

NewyJosh, not sure what probs you had with Indy's tuning, but its a very uncommon story to hear issues about him.

In saying that, I've used Yavuz at Unigroup before and found him fantastic too.

Edited by LISTEN_180SX

Dunno bout pfc but iv heard hitman is a haltech guru. His name is derived from haltech

Haltech Injection Tuning Man

My car was sponsored by Unigroup for many years and the car was a big step beter than how it was when I was paying Croyden to do the work. I am now with IS Motor Racing and the car is even beter still.

Yavuz didn't spend ANY time tuning part throtle at all. Indy spends as long doing part throtle as full throtle and on track the diference is night and day. Plus Indy LOVES motor sport he knows more than just the motor he likes making fast cars rather than just powerfull motors

Dude there's a recommended workshop sticky in the nsw section. Call around and make up your mind or go speak to some of them in person.

Pulse at menai do alot of wrx and evos but i have little experience with them.

hi, i know most of the tuners, and i've read that

the thread was purely based on IS, i only want opinions for IS

IS Motor Racing and Indy have a fantastic reputation in the Sydney evo scene. He has built and tuned heaps of tough street cars and also has a fair few customers who have their race cars looked after by him. Despite being most popular with evos, he is also very handy with Nissans and loves them (hence the R34 GTR and the S15 drift car he owns that are always at the workshop). He serviced my 33GTR; looked after and tuned my evo for over two years, and I'll be taking my 180SX to him to get the power fc retuned. I am and always have been very happy with his service, pricing and ability.

NewyJosh, not sure what probs you had with Indy's tuning, but its a very uncommon story to hear issues about him.

In saying that, I've used Yavuz at Unigroup before and found him fantastic too.

this is great feedback, exactly what i needed.

if you had to choose between indy and yavuz, who would u choose?

my evo is done by indy .. so i wouldn't mind going back to indy.

My car was sponsored by Unigroup for many years and the car was a big step beter than how it was when I was paying Croyden to do the work. I am now with IS Motor Racing and the car is even beter still.

Yavuz didn't spend ANY time tuning part throtle at all. Indy spends as long doing part throtle as full throtle and on track the diference is night and day. Plus Indy LOVES motor sport he knows more than just the motor he likes making fast cars rather than just powerfull motors

again, great feedback!

I'm surprised that Yavuz sponsored your car yet didn't do a 'full tune! Doesn't sound like him at all.

Yavuz spends a lot of time tuning part throttle and trying to maximise under the curve on my car everytime I go. My car is a track car and he knows the importance of throttle response on a track car so he does what he can to improve on that. He even backs off top end power at times so certainly does not only go for maximum power.

I have not been to IS but would recommend Yavuz everyday from a tuning and experience perspective with the SR20.

Hi guys

I've read and searched about unigroup already - that their service and honesty is second to none.

Now i know indy, he is pretty good at what he does, on my evo and my mates he does wonderful things.

I remember that indy is more than a nissan man,

So im wondering if anyone on here, has their s15 tuned by him ?

Results ?

feeling ?

Please list all mods and power results + dyno graph if possible.

Anyone ?

Thanks

David

i know a couple of mates that go there, 1 of em just went and put a nistune ecu, in his S15 not too long ago at uni group, came out really well, for what his got done to his car, he was impressed with what they did, but it all does come down to cost i guess, heard alot of good things about uni group, so dont always go on other peoples instict i guess, id recommend em, they do know their s15's !