Sign in to follow this  
Black Widow

I'm expecting to be flamed here...but is anyone on here a fan of WWE?

So was just curious...I know alot of people don't tend to admit they're fans and just secretly know whats going on...but was just curious if anyone on NS is a fan, and what your thoughts of it currently are?

And if you watched Wrestlemania - thoughts?

Back in high school (late 90s) I was massively into it. It was the main reason to get Foxtel back in the day. DX vs WCW, Rock & Sock connection, Frank Shamrock coming in from the UFC, etc. But I fell out of touch with it and never got back in seeing the UFC got bigger and I focused more on that.

What used to shit me were how dumb non-wrestling fans were. Like they've uncovered a secret and were letting us in on it by revealing it wasn't real. No shit jackass. Do you go around to cinemas and tell the audience the actors aren't real either.

I've heard The Rock is back full time and Lesnar is returning.

Watched a fair bit of it in high school then got a bit bored of it.

I've heard about Brock Lesnar coming back. Wonder what the reason for that was.

Well he recently retired from the UFC. So I guess why not as it will make everyone a bunch of money.

Lol yeah he found out the hard way that acting is the only thing he's good at

Slightly OT, but has anyone in SA ever watched Powerslam wrestling on channel 44?

It scrapes the bottom of a barrel I did not even know existed :lol:

I've been a fairly big fan of it since I was about 12, it's still good but I think back in the attitude era and the wcw/ecw takeover it was a lot better.

Watched wrestlemania, was probably the best one in a few years, although everything got over-shadowed by the triple H v undertaker match.

And to confirm, lesnar is back full time but not too sure about the rock, he apparently wants to make a bid to be wwe champion again, but chances are he'll get a movie deal and disappear like he always does.

Slightly OT, but has anyone in SA ever watched Powerslam wrestling on channel 44?

It scrapes the bottom of a barrel I did not even know existed laugh.png

YES. so bad it's funny lol.

he wasn't exactly bad though.

let's face it, he was versing people with many many more fights and years experience. if he started 5/10 years earlier like everyone he was fighting he would have been a force to be reckoned with (moreso)

i'm not really a fan wrestling anymore. used to love it in highschool. might watch a bit with lesnar and the rock back in though

used to be a big fan when jeff hardy was on WWE. But after his retirement i lost my interest

he wasn't exactly bad though.

Agreed. He was thrown into the deep end of the hardest division in the UFC. Not many heavyweights have defended the belt 2 times in a row and gone against top 5 competition in all their fights.

Used to be into it. The Ulimate Warrior was my fav.

Just can't watch it now.... UFC is where its at. I've been into that for 5 or 6 years now.

Lesnar wasn't bad in UFC by any stretch.

He has been pretty sick.

Back in high school (late 90s) I was massively into it. It was the main reason to get Foxtel back in the day. DX vs WCW, Rock & Sock connection, Frank Shamrock coming in from the UFC, etc. But I fell out of touch with it and never got back in seeing the UFC got bigger and I focused more on that. What used to shit me were how dumb non-wrestling fans were. Like they've uncovered a secret and were letting us in on it by revealing it wasn't real. No shit jackass. Do you go around to cinemas and tell the audience the actors aren't real either. I've heard The Rock is back full time and Lesnar is returning.

Agreed. Fkn morons.

I've been a fairly big fan of it since I was about 12, it's still good but I think back in the attitude era and the wcw/ecw takeover it was a lot better. Watched wrestlemania, was probably the best one in a few years, although everything got over-shadowed by the triple H v undertaker match. And to confirm, lesnar is back full time but not too sure about the rock, he apparently wants to make a bid to be wwe champion again, but chances are he'll get a movie deal and disappear like he always does.

Attitude Era will always be the best era (for me) in professional wrestling. PG era just doesn't even begin to compete. It's still ok though.

I was a massive fan through school, then didn't watch it from about yr 8, up until last year...now i'm hooked again.

Yes Lesnar is back, has signed a 1yr contract for approx 35 appearances up until Wrestlemania 29...so that should be interesting. If he's as intense as he used to be...CANT WAIT!!!

I like how the WWE seems to be reigniting the careers of alot of the Attitude Era superstars, just sucks they all have to conform to the PG ways now..

And yes in regards to The Rock, chances are he will bail to make a movie again. Which would be really disappointing because i'm a HUGE fan...but I guess for me as long as he's entertaining in some way, i'm ok. His continuous "I'm never leaving" *next week Rock isn't here* speeches bug me though

Saw this on another forum.

Apparently Lesnar forgot it isn't the UFC lol.

tumblr_m28p42JK4w1r2ahfqo1_400.gif

sigpic210075_5.gif

used to be a big fan when jeff hardy was on WWE. But after his retirement i lost my interest

I was a big Jeff Hardy fan too.

Swanton Bomb was a sick move, especially in some of those TLC (tables/ladders/chairs) matches.

Lesnar is going to get a hype up for the next year, up to Wrestlemania 29 - as we can probably all pick.

Problem is though - it might just be that it's been a while - but i can't see anyone on the current WWE roster that can take Lesnar? I heard reports that the WWE said Punk was "too small" to face him..but i'm so fkn happy this yr.

Lesnar is awesome. So much intensity. The guy is just awesome. And his music reminds me of "The Terminator"

I'm a life long wrestling fan, but the current WWE is not really my thing. I still watch every week for the occasional happy moments which work, but it's few and far between. Last weeks Raw was made by the crowd, which i quite enjoyed.

As for Wrestlemania, was purely average i think, nothing too exceptional. But with that said, Taker vs Punk was my highlight, that was the best match by far. I had a sour taste in my mouth at the end of Mania though, and the only other worthwhile mention would be Ryback shellshocking Henry, finally getting to see that happen was good!

23852851.jpg Edited by D1 SPEC