Sign in to follow this  
black_S15_sleepa

Looking to purchase Evo 8... severly Faded Brembos..

hey guys,

thought id try NS. Evolution Oz has been a night mare to try and become registered

inspected and test drove my first evo 8 yesterday, fell in love.

my concern is the red brembos were servely faded.... does this indicate high Km?? car supposedly has 58000 km, and i know this is very likely to be nonsense.

is it common to have brembos fade after only 58000km?

Edited by black_S15_sleepa

More then likely its seen track use and the temps made the paint fade,, easy fixed but.. Mine were faded a dull pinkish colour (60000kms) when I purchased my old Evo 8, but never made me 2nd guess the purchase.. they are an awesome car mate. get a mechanic to check it out and make sure the calipers wont need rebuilding just in case..

cheers mate, i guess my main concern is wound back km and faded calipers were a sign of it.

even if it has had track work the car seems immaculate and very clean and straight underneath also. coming from an S15, it was certainly a different experience. one i know your familair with too :) i remember you had the blue s15 worked by powertune!

Other signs of wound back kms are, Driver side seat wear on the bolster where u hop in an out(unless replaced).

Have u managed to get undernearth it and have a look? When i was looking for an 8 i checked out this black GSR and looked schmick until we got it up on the hoist and there were that many leaks it wasnt funny.

It definatly is a different experience from an s15 but one to be taken with open arms :).. They feel like a go-kart to drive and I just couldnt believe how much grip they have.

Yeah mate sure did have the built s15 by powertune.. I do miss the car but going to an evo really opened my eyes.

Hope u find an amazing evo that u really enjoy mate :).. they are easy to Modify just like an SR and they do love the e85.. :)

Lol my bad just seen that underneath is straight and clean :thumb:

Other signs of wound back kms are, Driver side seat wear on the bolster where u hop in an out(unless replaced).

Have u managed to get undernearth it and have a look? When i was looking for an 8 i checked out this black GSR and looked schmick until we got it up on the hoist and there were that many leaks it wasnt funny.

It definatly is a different experience from an s15 but one to be taken with open arms :).. They feel like a go-kart to drive and I just couldnt believe how much grip they have.

Yeah mate sure did have the built s15 by powertune.. I do miss the car but going to an evo really opened my eyes.

Hope u find an amazing evo that u really enjoy mate :).. they are easy to Modify just like an SR and they do love the e85.. :)

haha yer just really have my heart set on an Evo 8. such a raw car....

we put this one up on the hoist and it was sprayed black underneath. i asked why he did this and he said that its "anti rust coat" got me wondering maybe he is just covering the rust??

I just sold my VIII - thought it might have been you that bought it! lol...

how much did you sell if you dont mind me asking? km? i take it your calipers were also faded?

Anti-Rust coat AKA POR-15, only good if it's been cleaned properly beforehand but good stuff.

They use shit clear coat on the calipers, I make brembo evo brake upgrade kits for many cars and once the calipers get hot they will fade, the darker the red the harder they have been driven.

I took my Evo 8 to a track day and watched the clear coat cracking off the calipers lol

yeah the clear coat is shit on the evo brembos. if it even gets a sniff of brake fluid half of it will peel off lol.

I just sold my VIII - thought it might have been you that bought it! lol...

how much did you sell if you dont mind me asking? km? i take it your calipers were also faded?

Had it advertised for $28,500 but had to negotiate down a little bit before i got a sale. It had a few basic mods (200kw) and 49,000kms on it (all signs pointed to them being genuine kms, or at least close to it), and yup the calipers were faded - typical!

Edited by LISTEN_180SX