Sign in to follow this  
old grunter

Wifes Tommy Kiara enhanced R34Gt-R

Hi guys, only new to site and finally have a bit of time so thought I would add a couple of pics of Linda/s car. We have only got it running again after a pretty big rebuild inc. N1 block, GTR-S turbo's 1000cc injectors, Vipec ecu-I am a Vipec dealer so I could not be running around with the Power FC. The engine already had a Tomei billet full counter weighted crank,Tomei rods with L19 bolts,the head is Tommy Kiara work of art knife edge ported and polished. I changed the cams to Tomie 270 10.8 lift with head mods to suit. Put a Nitto billet oil pump and 1.1mm head restrictor so am hoping to get ok power out of it when its done a few k's to see if it stays together-its only my second rb26 build.

post-96941-0-02951000-1332727987_thumb.jpg

post-96941-0-58251200-1332728105_thumb.jpg

post-96941-0-48174700-1332728187_thumb.jpg

post-96941-0-14250400-1332728257_thumb.jpg

post-96941-0-87162300-1332762008_thumb.jpg

post-96941-0-48927400-1332762086_thumb.jpg

post-96941-0-75452700-1332762148_thumb.jpg

post-96941-0-27317300-1332762221_thumb.jpg

Edited by old grunter

nothing better than a 34 gtr with white Te's and a built engine.. looks good mate..

tell her to drive it safely.. :)

really not a fan of 34's but the engine and turbo combo should be wild to drive on the street

Hi guys, maiky-s15r, why do you say pitty about the vipec? I have been playing with different ecu's for years,started with turn a few knob ecu's, then Microtech,Haltec,Motec,Link,Autronic,Wolf,EMS,Power-FC and now Vipec for the last few years and have found them to be very good. Most ecu's do a good job. It is just the time learning the crazy amount of software of all the brands-they all have different keystrokes for the various adjustments and it takes a long time to get good with it. I don't just mean getting it on the dyno and giving a few adjustments on a couple of power runs. I mean a good tune with the right injector lag times at various voltages and pressures,cold start and warm up,accelerator pumps,all the various load points from below idle to whatever is your rev limit,various rev limits at low/normal and high coolant temps,various timing on cold to hot air and coolant temps,launch control,anti lag,traction control,individual cylinder knock control,fuel maps that change on the amount of ethanol in the tank,timing maps that change on the amount of ethanol in the tank,changing boost in various gears and lots of other things people want these days. So what is your preferred ecu and why?

Edited by old grunter

Jesus Christ. Spoiling your wife rotten with such a car.

I'm a bit old for adoption and I was born a Toyota man but I can convert so here's to trying.

oooooooooooooooofpht

respect for the wife and yourself!

great to see that your wife shares a passion in cars

I'm a bit old for adoption and I was born a Toyota man but I can convert so here's to trying.

you're dead to me!

sadly sames happening to me haha.

vipec are faily good ecu's i think, just not as popular here as the us.

Pitty on the vipec ecu otherwise a beast of a machine

What is wrong with the vipec, the are soo much better then a powerfc id personaly take a vipec/link over most ecu's the features they come with vs price is unbelivable

Australians still think powerfc is the greatest gift to mankind

Australians still think powerfc is the greatest gift to mankind

I'm actually Japanese hahaha

i just dont see how u have the cash... i mean i love my cars but f**k me, i saw the r34 and the work... wtf then u pull out an r35... whats ur daily? an amg?

Sls gullwing lol.

Cries to how ppl canb so cashed up and not share the love

Yeah Guys the money comes from working my ass off for the last 30 years, fixing cars day and night and the BIG one is unlike lots of men I have not had to cough up for a DIVORCE. I just agree with everything she says, lucky Linda is not too much of a handbrake and likes fast cars. The daily is a dirty old diesel Landrover that broke down today, so the Nissans always feel fast.

Well done mate its all about hard work. 20 years left for me to reach 30years of work. Hopefully have an r37 by then lol.

As said above... more pics of both cars

keen to see more pics, great selection of cars :)

who gives a shit where his money comes from sif people even ask it, he's obviously an older dude thats pretty switched on and setup, point is he's modifying nissans when he could be driving whatever the hell he wanted, keep the pics coming!

Spend a little less on your car and buy a camera

pic of linda...

• Upvote 2

Got all excited about a real build and a mature conversation and then...

pic of linda...

• Upvote 1