Sign in to follow this  
LMFAO

How to fix handbrake and door open light?

So the weather has been taking its toll on my car, Leaks mainly but also the warning lights for my doors open has been on permanently for about a month now and the handbrake light comes on when I go around corners and then stays on for a while then goes off :S also the clock has disappeared? The back light for it is still there but just no numbers, so can anyone tell me where I should start looking? Fuses, wires? I'm not very electrician minded so any help would be awesome, cheers

In regards to the cluster light fading, i got the same problem too and the handbrake light goes on like u mention.

Would like yo know the answer to this also :lol:

Check your brake fluid. Handbrake light is a low level warning aswell.

Cheers for that, will check that as soon as I get home, kinda makes sense that it happens around corners more too, any ideas why my door open light stays on?

Door light is controlled by the return/momentary switch in the side of the door, about halfway up the door sill. It usually has a black rubber boot on it.

handbrake light on will be the brake fluid level.

on my 180 i have to put layers of tape on the part of the door that hit the switch because age, etc had taken its tool and the door wasn't closing fully. the tape added that little bit extra and allowed the switch to turn off.

clock might just be a fuse? cant remember if there is a clock specific fuse on em :S

my 2c :D

Yeah checked both of those yesterday, they seem to be fine, will try get a friend around with a multimeter to test them, also checked brake fluid, it's about mid way between full and low, so doesn't seem like that should set off the warning light? Also had a look at the fuse boxes yesterday, can't find a specific clock fuse unless it's under something else? Or there's another fuse box inside the car I haven't found yet...... Cheers guys :)

for your door light staying on ypu should check your door switches, with rain comes rust which can mess with the simple swich not allowing it to correctly earth out. Its the same kind of switch for your handbrake, providing its not related to your brake fluid sensor, it could be a loose wire floating under your center consoleearthing out your handbrake switch intermittently. hope this helps