Sign in to follow this  
japlover

sr20det silvia s15 ticking noise?

Hey guys,

I've seemed to have abandoned the supra forums that I have grown a home to, to gain your knowledge about the silvia s15's! My sister owns a silvia s15 sr20det spec-s and will be selling it soon after I work out some tweaks and faults.

I have seem to have hit a dead end with a 'ticking noise' that is coming from the right side of the motor (facing towards the front of the car, opposite the battery side). It is a constant 'tick tick tick' while sitting on idle, but once revving the car, starts to speed up. I have filmed the sound and have uploaded it on youtube for you guys to see. It actually sounds worse on the video than what it seems to be :S

much appreciated if you guys can shed some wisdom upon the problem im facing! thanks once again!

oh and also... i am fixing the boot lid cable that connects to the side of the driver seat, pulling it doesn't seem to open it anymore aha! would love to grab some help on that also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cclcm_u6ENk&context=C43be9b7ADvjVQa1PpcFPxrA9G4b4e9I_lHl_tKB0itDMp58Fms6E=

Edited by japlover

we've changed the the oil and oil filter already, no sign of metal debris. it is definitely not bottom end, more so top end. thanks though

Edited by japlover

its ur hydraulic lash adjusters. there is too much clearance between them and the camshaft. one could be stuck closed etc.

awesome! Had a hunch it was that, just needed clarification. thanks for the heads up, i'll look straight into it and will confirm if that is the problem