Sign in to follow this  
B0UNCE

Interpret my plugs sr20det

hey all,

Just wanting some confirmation on my old plugs. Just replaced them and wanted to know if they are as per normal or not?

Thanks,

G.

post-75580-0-72225500-1331243936_thumb.jpg

looks like a spark plug to me...

& me..

Looks fine to me. there is a spark plug chart out there if you search google. But looks normal.

People are showing some good restraint from flaming this guy. Well done people of HT.com :lol:

Looks fine to me. there is a spark plug chart out there if you search google. But looks normal.

Thanks mate. I've seen those but i just wanted to see what others thought. The car is running rough and thought easy shit 1st - change plugs.

Gap the plugs down to 0.8mm and see how it runs.

Your ground electrode is a little too white for my liking. I would step down the a colder plug, what sort of mods are your running ? NGK BKR7E is a good all round plug if your running a turbo sr20det with a few mods.

I concur with that looking a little lean. Chocolate is a healthy colour.

Your ground electrode is a little too white for my liking. I would step down the a colder plug, what sort of mods are your running ? NGK BKR7E is a good all round plug if your running a turbo sr20det with a few mods.

Standard sr20det with standard turbo, factory computer. Had BCPR6ES in, and replaced them with BKR6EY to see how they fair. Plugs are cheap enough so I'll give the 7s a go soon. I was looking at replacing fuel filter next, then maybe AFM....But I'm thinking I'll have to pay someone to look at it soon.

That's a perfect burn colour. Brown rusty type colour means its too lean. Black too rich.

Yours are spot on where you want it.

A pic of all 4x plugs would give a better idea of how the engine is, looking at one plug from one angle is rather difficult to give a good description

Edited by JLTS13

plugs look great - from what the small undetailed photo can tell

need a clear photo of other side of ground strap to check for indication of engine timing

colour looks great - burn looks clean - doesnt appear to be any contamination of evidence of det on the ceramic and no sooting coming up the threads

/win

People are showing some good restraint from flaming this guy. Well done people of HT.com laugh.png

It is a legit question, he's asking for a read on the colour and general appearance of the plug. From here it looks OK, mebbe a tad lean. Better / closer pics are always good. No evidence of melting on the 'trodes from what I can see. It does depend on what the motor was doing before you pulled the plug - Google "plug chop" to see what I mean.

Edited by adam