Sign in to follow this  
Gurglar

aftermarket toe arms in a hicas s13?

Am about to chuck some after market arms in my S13 and it has hicas (lock bar installed) how do I go about doing this as there aren't actually toe arms in it? only ever done it on an s13 that doesn't have hicas?

just wondering but why would you bother if you allready have locked the rear steering and the tie rod ends have enough adjustment why would you need aftermarket arms?

Its so easy to bend the stock rear tie rod arms and decently hard to find replacemnets

not hard to find, just stupidly expensive. also :lol: at the driftworks kit. should be able to source a non-hicas frame for $100 and bushes through superpro for f**k all

so what do i actually need and how hard is it to swap this shit??

well i thought i made it pretty obvious.

1: non-hicas subframe

2: outer control arm bushes.

IMO it is pretty straightforward. swap over the frames, press out the balljoint end that the hicas arm mounts to on the knuckle, but the aftermarket bush in the void left behind

You know me bling im abit slow :P wouldn't have known about the bushes though don't you need a special tool to get them in and out??

HICAS is so homo why in gods name did they put it in :wtf1:

if you can score non-hicas knucles with the frame use them, otherwise the balljoint ends need to be pressed out

f**k i wish I knew what was what under a car :lol: will have a gander under both my sils and find out what your talking about and google till my fingers bleed hahahah cheers man