Sign in to follow this  
gulrez

ebay diffuser opinions?

I saw a 180 with an RX7 one somewhere online I cant remember if it was on NS or not, maybe its worth looking into though.

thats the same one i was looking at,i was thinking being that its universal just trim what you dont need an use some decent sized alloy brackets to bolt up and she'll be tight

only thing is you will need to make you own brackets

Edited by bass_rulz

Looks cool but would do absolutely nothing, money and time would be better spent on something else.

Meh, better off getting one made to suit the car. do you even have a front splitter and undertray? Improperly designed ones will act as a parachute

getting a custom front splitter havent got undertray yet as such

Would look tough as f**k if u get the right one dude, and it would be functional aswell if u have a front undertray already. Dont listen to Bling, shes just against any idea she hasnt already done herself.

id say there is no point in a universal one because it is not made for your car, therefore could not be fully functional. maybe something custom made would be the best thing.

Would look tough as f**k if u get the right one dude, and it would be functional aswell if u have a front undertray already. Dont listen to Bling, shes just against any idea she hasnt already done herself.

Bahaha, rightio bloke. How about you actually study how a diffuser works

I wouldn't be putting this on a road car, the amount of time spent at speeds it will make a difference at will be small and the amount of "defect me please" attention will be big.

go custom, poor man buys things twice

x1000

there are a few lads on here that run full time attack cars.. get in contact with them and see what they went with.. i have also heard about modifying FD ones to fit, go through some build threads and see what they say..

yeah might just go custom, but with anthony's gtr he had to get an oil cooler for his diff and transmission, would i need the same if i went with a full undertray and custom diffuser??

yeah might just go custom, but with anthony's gtr he had to get an oil cooler for his diff and transmission, would i need the same if i went with a full undertray and custom diffuser??

he never had to do any thing, reason why he got the transmission cooler is because he wanted one and me personally if i had a holinger gearbox i would be using a transmission cooler as well

the diff has no oil cooler ( well not yet any ways )

yeah fair enough, so if im not tracking it every other week i should be fine with no external oil cooler...cos there will be no airflow down there anymore...

this is the last thing you need on a daily driver though man.. surely 100 other things you can spend money on, this is just a waste imo!

Bit on the defence there I see keyboard warrior

this is the last thing you need on a daily driver though man.. surely 100 other things you can spend money on, this is just a waste imo!

thats too true, nah i was only considering doing it right now if the ebay ones were worth it but apparently not so ill leave it hahaha...i think first and foremost on my list atm are gearbox and e85

wow...this guy...

anyway to the OP, universal items almost always needs extra work required to fit. Be prepared to spend more if you can't do it yourself. Custom will cost a bit more but will definitely fit and most likely be functional, the aluminum one looks amazing.

Random, untested aero parts aren't good for anything beyond looks.

RandomAeroParts.jpg

If you care about functionality, a lot of trial and error testing with a Magnehelic gauge is required, or a windtunnel, if you happen to have one just lying around.

Bling is right - custom or don't bother. You're the one smashing your keyboard dude.

Edited by pmod

She's probably got pms...