Sign in to follow this  
STR8E180

holly shit

i just came across this pics while on google

i dont have any details on it but from what i can see its

6 cylinder trailblazer block ( Chevrolet ) standard they are 4.2L but im sure they would of stroked the engine

super charge

twin turbo

liquid to air intercooled

twin throttle body inlet manifold = looks like a very well thought out design inlet manifold should spread the air evenly through all 6 cylinders

twin external gate one for each turbo

nitrous

dry sump

wish i had some figures on this beast

pomonanhra06048.jpg

pomonanhra06049.jpg

pomonanhra06050.jpg

pomonanhra06051.jpg

pomonanhra06052.jpg

pomonanhra06053.jpg

pomonanhra06056.jpg

at closer inspection it looks like its got 2 liquid to air intercoolers one for each turbo/throttle body

yeah found that link already

still not enough info

its got 2 of every thing

twin gates

twin turbo

twin charged

twin liquid to air intercoolers

twin blow of valves

twin external gates

just looking at the work that has gone into it has got me mouth watering, the list just keeps on going on and on

he supposedly did all the welding and fabrication on it himself. extra points for that

he supposedly did all the welding and fabrication on it himself. extra points for that

extra points to any one who can give me some power figures, results

i hope it runs in the 5 second bracket other wise its a fail for all that hardware

PRO­LOG­GER CAR 6cly F3 Procharg­er in­to 2 77mm tur­bos 4.0 GM 70 PSI to­tal 2400 HP 1780 LBS of tourqe

seems like a lot of gear........

surely they could of gotten similar results with two correctly sized / though out turbos?

amazing none the less

Edited by Biggie

If I recall, most of those amerixan built drag cars are well over 3000hp, but I imagine that thing,would def's run under 5secs kemp.. ;)

seems like a lot of gear........

surely they could of gotten similar results with two correctly sized / though out turbos?

amazing none the less

yeah thats why i said i hope it runs into the 5 second bracket

gas motorsports runs a 6.3 with a stroked 2JZ and single turbo

ive never seen one of these proper drag cars race...do they often come to WSID? I'd like to experience this shyt at least once lol

For anyone interested, that inlet manifold design is called "slot filling". It's supposed to distribute the air evenly throughout the plenum. A few old WRC, Le Mans, F1 cars used to run that style. I don't know if anyone is still using them these days. Just keep in mind that all the race teams that used them were running restrictors somewhere in their intake system. Turbocharged usually before the turbo and Aspirated before the throttle plate, restrictor wise.

Anyway, it would be good to see one of these things take on the V8 supercharged boys.

i was thinking of doing this conversion in my 14

lol..

whats with the plumback screamer? shit angle also

whats with the plumback screamer? shit angle also

yeah i noticed that as well

if your going to plumb them back in at least do it at a nicer angle

For anyone interested, that inlet manifold design is called "slot filling". It's supposed to distribute the air evenly throughout the plenum. A few old WRC, Le Mans, F1 cars used to run that style. I don't know if anyone is still using them these days. Just keep in mind that all the race teams that used them were running restrictors somewhere in their intake system. Turbocharged usually before the turbo and Aspirated before the throttle plate, restrictor wise.

Anyway, it would be good to see one of these things take on the V8 supercharged boys.

can you make me one for a ve head?

can you make me one for a ve head?

any thing can be made

doesnt look to hard to fabricate