Sign in to follow this  
joker2036

where can i go do get my bucket seat mounted...i have no rails

Where can i go to get my bucket seat fitted into my sileighty i dont have rails its drift branded i live in sydney in eawtern suburbs

Sell it and buy a real seat

and buy a rail that will bolt into your car and do it yourself.. its like the easiest thing ever.. 4 bolts or some shit..

Whats a 'real' seat??

one thats not drift branded..

even better, buy my bucket seat(no brand) + bride no45 rail.

not the best bucket seat but does it job and its $100 ahahah

Edited by BillyTheCat

i can make rails for u

is it side mount rails or bottom mount rails?

im in western sydney

price depends if its side or bottom mount rails

you know how to drill and weld? Get some material(steel/alu) about the width of the seat and long enough to drill holes to match up to the rail bolt holes, drill drill and weld weld and bolt bolt, but it will be fixed though so get it right, cheapest way.. or go buy universal rails for that seat.

Edited by davidcanfly

Whats a 'real' seat??

one thats not drift branded..

Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense, seeing as they are ADR approved....

haha Dominic I told you it's easy to mount that seat, you just need a proper rail for your car.

you know how to drill and weld? Get some material(steel/alu) about the width of the seat and long enough to drill holes to match up to the rail bolt holes, drill drill and weld weld and bolt bolt, but it will be fixed though so get it right, cheapest way.. or go buy universal rails for that seat.

You make it sound so easy clearly u don't know how much work is involved in making seal rails that place the seat nicely

Materials steal/Alu

U going to make seat rails out of aluminum?? U have got to be crazy !!!!

drift is a real brand who sell real seats...just because its not bride or recaro doesnt mean its not a real seat

Where can i go to get my bucket seat fitted into my sileighty i dont have rails its drift branded i live in sydney in eawtern suburbs

Go to Autobarn or AutoPro and get some bolt-on rails to suit. They sell the brand 'drift'.

Listen to STR8E180. Unlike many other cars, the stock rails sit quite high on the s-chassis, and most aftermarket seats will hit the ceiling using the easy method of mounting (chop stock brackets and weld a bar across). I've welded seat rails before and it cost next to nothing, but to fit my passenger Recaro spent $200 on Recaro rails.

Custom rails aren't worth the effort, and unless you can weld, aren't cheaper either.

In brief, save yourself a lot of time, effort and possibly money, and buy some rails designed for your seat/chassis combo. Four bolts to attach the rails to the seat, four bolts to attach the rails to the car. No welding, no thinking, just a nice noob solution.

Edited by pmod