Sign in to follow this  
sleepr

Ground Control on S15

Hey people, done the searches and looking for more specific feedback from anyone who has actually installed the Ground Control adjustable springs on a S15. What shocker did you use? Any issues with the install and what do you think of the result, any good for a daily? Cheers.

c'mon peeps, someone must have the adjustable Ground Control Eibach set up on a S15............opinions? If not guess I'll be the first eh.

only info i have on Eibach springs is the prokit 20-25mm drop and 3kg springs

chuck us a link or some more info up

Hey mik5082, you can check it out at http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/index.php

They do these Eibach adjustable spring kits that you put onto your shocks while still using your genuine strut housings, but apparently you have to mod the strut housing? Remove the lower spring perch I guess. I've emailed them and they are happy to talk and quote but dont go into detail about the fitting, looking at fitting a set with some Koni yellows or Bilstein inserts.

How did it go with the Ground Controls? I'm going to get Koni yellows and springs on my s15 aswell. Just dont know what springs yet.

Don't know as the more I spoke with ground control in the USA the more complicated it became and I cant find anyone in Adelaide let alone Australia that has any experience fitting them. So started spending money on other stuff that needed doing like brakes and the bushes...and I mean ALL the bushes.

Anyway from what I understand you actually have to remove (cut) the spring perches off your front strut housings to make this kit fit..........anyone? But be careful because I believe you need to cut your strut housings anyway to make Koni Yellows fit, once again....anyone?

On the flip side for what you are getting in the kit, 4 genuine Eibach springs with options on weighting plus all the other hardware it's damn cheap (bout $450 delivered from memory) considering some Eibachs from Japan is about $600. By the way do you have a supplier for your Koni's, how much you paying?

Wow thats cheap. Would you have a link or something?

Im still searching around for a Koni Yellow's dealer. Im thinking wholesale suspension. Would you recommend someone?

Don't know as the more I spoke with ground control in the USA the more complicated it became and I cant find anyone in Adelaide let alone Australia that has any experience fitting them. So started spending money on other stuff that needed doing like brakes and the bushes...and I mean ALL the bushes.

Anyway from what I understand you actually have to remove (cut) the spring perches off your front strut housings to make this kit fit..........anyone? But be careful because I believe you need to cut your strut housings anyway to make Koni Yellows fit, once again....anyone?

On the flip side for what you are getting in the kit, 4 genuine Eibach springs with options on weighting plus all the other hardware it's damn cheap (bout $450 delivered from memory) considering some Eibachs from Japan is about $600. By the way do you have a supplier for your Koni's, how much you paying?

I believe what I paid for the eibach springs from japan a few months ago were about ~450$ delievered through streeter. As for the Koni's, try Car Torque Products in SA - they were by far the cheapest I've been quoted in aus.

Don't bother with the Bilsteins, I've waited for about half a year from Germany through the main Aus distributer in Sydney and they are still on backorder... gahhhh =/ There is no way you can get the rear bilstiens anywere in AUS, fronts are in stock though. Production dates have not been set either and there have been over a dozen backorders with the rear shock for S15s.

Cutting the strut housing is required to fit the Koni or Bilstein:-

http://driftninjaz.com/blogthis/?p=12

Wow thats cheap. Would you have a link or something?

Im still searching around for a Koni Yellow's dealer. Im thinking wholesale suspension. Would you recommend someone?

If you are talking about the $450 delivered that's actually a full kit from Ground Control in the USA which includes the 4 Eibach springs and all the adjustable collars and sleeves, send them an email and ask them for a quote check it out at:

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/index.php

Thanks for the link res15t, btw agree with you that Car Torque here in Adelaide might be the cheapest when it comes to Koni Yellows. And Infidel if you do contact Car Torque just make sure you tell them you are a member NS.com or something similar for discount.

as much as you might feel that cutting is such an issue.. you retain everything the factory suspension had to offer.. all bot up and abs brackets and hose clips etc stay the same.. so you dont have to stuff around trying to get them to fit.. the rears are just swap out.. only thing with the koni's well the ones that I have on the back have to be pre set while the springs are off.. so you cant change it on the car.. the fronts you can though..

Edited by chris2712au