Sign in to follow this  
s13lova

tafe fee's?

So basically I'm a first year and my first TAFE bill came through so my boss said " you pay for it because you get it cheaper then ill reimburse you." So I pid for it then got a copy of the bill and took it into work. He suddenly starts being a total dick about it saying he will only pay half. Now my question is does he legally have to pay for my tafe fee's and what rights do i have here?

Any help would be good guys, cheers.

if its in writing im refering to the papers u signed making u an apprentence if it aint

in writing like most cases then its ur word against his

What trade are you? Usually your employer has to pay 100% of the fees unless you fail and have to repeat.

I got a tafe bill in my email too last week for some reason but i called them and they told me to ignore it if I'm apprentice, I think they sent them to everyone by accident.

if your an apprentice it's 100% your bosses problem, you went wrong paying it in the first place

Had a read through my contract and it says that it is the employers responsibilty so I'm in the clear, definately won't be paying it myself again, thanks for the help guys :thumb: