Sign in to follow this  
NIS.S15

S15 switches

hey all i have a s15 silvia and i have no idea what these first two switches do, if anyone else has these same switches could you please let me know what they are for and what they do

cheers

photo (3).JPG

Looks like illumination dimmer, rear wiper and something else. Better get some fuel too.

Rear wiper is controlled at the stalk?

Why dont u try switching it on?

I have the right two.

The middle one just flicks back when you press it.

Not sure what it does either.

the one on the far right looks like headlight adjuster, guessing it has factory fit HID lights?

Sell to me if not sure, I'm after the switch panel so I can mod it

The far right is the headlight adjuster.

Turn your lights on and toggle- you'll hear the servo motors fire up and you'll see your beam move up and down. Useful but I normally leave mine at the highest setting 0.

The middle one isn't factory on mine, I have a factory intercooler water spray - but it looks like some sort of rear wiper on/demister perhaps.

Far left looks totally afttermarket - you tell me, what do you have on your car? on mine I have my alarm LED there.

Edited by Yippykiyay

yeah i know about the headlight one and the rear wiper is controlled at the stalk, its just the middle one and the left one that i dont know

car has an after market alarm but when i switch the on/off one nothing changes, and it says nissan on the switch so i assumed it was factory

and ive fuelled up since then essare haha :thumb:

Turn your lights on and toggle- you'll hear the servo motors fire up and you'll see your beam move up and down. Useful but I normally leave mine at the highest setting 0.

The middle one isn't factory on mine, I have a factory intercooler water spray - but it looks like some sort of rear wiper on/demister perhaps.

Far left looks totally afttermarket - you tell me, what do you have on your car? on mine I have my alarm LED there.

So I'm guessing you just installed your own switches? If so, how did you go about it. Which once where from, etc. Wiring aside. Just want it like factory with pictograms.

I dont have an s15, but could the middle one be for a rear window water spray, (especially seeing as it is a momentary switch). The one on the left could be for fog lights perhaps?

Rear window spray is also on the stork.

So I'm guessing you just installed your own switches? If so, how did you go about it. Which once where from, etc. Wiring aside. Just want it like factory with pictograms.

I'll take some snaps tonight mate :)

i had a look at the centre one and when u flick it on and off a relay in the engine bay clicks had a look online and its for a wiper deicer?? have no idea what that is haha and ill have a look at the on off switch and see where it leads to tomorrow morning before work and ill let you guys

cheers :thumbsup:

I have a factory intercooler water spray - but it looks like some sort of rear wiper on/demister perhaps.
your S15 has factory intercooler water spray? wtf no idea this was an option for JDMs Edited by black_S15_sleepa

I have a factory intercooler water spray - but it looks like some sort of rear wiper on/demister perhaps.
your S15 has factory intercooler water spray? wtf no idea this was an option for JDMs

I'll take snaps. Been busy at work

your S15 has factory intercooler water spray? wtf no idea this was an option for JDMs

+1, damn JDMs with their plethora of options.

So the factory IC spray would be for the factory side mount.. reckon it could be easily moved for a front mount? How many water jets?

I don't belive that there is a factory intercooler spray

p05.jpg

yep sure was a option so much goodness from japan

Sorry fixed now

Edited by mik5082

I'll take snaps. Been busy at work

any pics?

http://jccc.web.fc2....-200012/p05.jpg

you fail.

Your knowledge on your own car does as he's clearly fixed his link too. Maybe you have an adm? They lack everything.

http://jccc.web.fc2....-200012/p05.jpg

you fail.

Your knowledge on your own car does as he's clearly fixed his link too. Maybe you have an adm? They lack everything.

Yes I'm going dickaround searching for what my car could have come with, from some jap handouts.

All we f**kn know is that could be a mock-up done by some external agency.

I like to think I know something about nissan, because I worked there in the department that would knows this shit. Might I add, better then most people on here.

And having worked there I have come across a lot of truth in the bullshit that most people have choose to believe now (and vice versa) just because there has been a million and one posts of it over the last 13 years.

I will withdraw my comment on the bases that this shit MIGHT be NOW be closer to being true (after I have seen that), because we where not allowed access to the whole archives of Nissans.

You know shit. I respect that. Respect others that don't agree and that know shit too.

Get off my back.

Edited by Suspop

Haha ease up no need for an essay, I called you out because you called someone else out like you do in a tonne of threads, wind down not up.

Your right anyway, whilst you worked for Aus Nissan we all know our dealers are not equipped to know 1 thing at all about JDM versions or features of the very car they sell a watered down version of.

Has been proven the million times ppl here try order homeland bits through the very car company that makes em and get funny looks.

EG VE heads, right through too me trying to get a new UV cut back window for the S15.

Just get a derp response.

Long story short there's a f**k tonne of bits that come with these cars, the docs arnt falsified we just don't understand or know the ridiculous amount of boxes too tick that there were.

I scored full orange dials instead of silver, who woulda known :lol:

f2f0f57a.jpg

Edited by brent47

If I can find the doc that showed everything + the option price I'll post it up, was just ridiculous. Was on S15oc.com ages ago thou but Its wicked