Sign in to follow this  
neil_se

Vietnam Travel

6 days in hoi an is too much. I'd say 2. Nothing to do there.

Get a visa before you leave. Visa on arrival you can do before immigration.

I got some brochures of day tours from Saigon that I brought back for a mate if you want to have a look

You must get visa pre-approval before arriving, I used Vietnam Visa Pro.

We loved Hoi An, spent 4 or 5 days there and could easily have spent longer. It's one of the few places we're keen to go back to and explore further. We stayed at the Ha An Hotel which is really close to the middle of town. I had suits tailored (Mr Xe tailor shop), food tour (Taste of Hoi An with Aussie Neville, best tour we did in all of Vietnam, cooking school (Green Bamboo), private taxi to the My Son ruins (go in the afternoon after all the tour buses have gone). We still would have loved to explore the other side of the river, try plenty more restaurants and street food, spend a day at Cua Dai beach, take a bike ride out through the country.

Just got back from Vietnam (as well as all over Asia), that country is awesome.

Better than Bali, Thailand and any other Asian country.

I can't wait to go back again.

Spent a 4 days in Saigon, 4 days at a resort in Da Nang (epic), 2 days in Hoi An, and 4 days in Hanoi (awesome as well, but needed more time to go to Sapa and Halong Bay).

Next time i go will be at least for a month.

I'll be back in Dec. This time with more stickers to add

IMG_0561.JPG

just an update. i came back this year and went a lil bit overboard.

IMG_2617.JPG

Yea I rode a bird in Vietnam !

GoggleGreen mango resort. About 1hr away from Saigon on the way to vung tau beach

Decided to try Vietnam this year as somewhere to visit. The plan is to fly into Ho Chi Minh City and have a few nights already booked. Then once there figure out where to travel to. Reading this thread, others have done something similar. Any tips?

Also, getting a visa looks like a hassle. What's the best way, apply online for a pre approval letter and then get a Visa On Arrival when you land?

Yep, getting a visa for Vietnam is easy.

Apply for pre-approval online, then when you get there head to the booth in the wall to pay your US$ fee alongside the letter and get your passport stamped.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g293921-c148049/Vietnam:Faq.Visa.On.Arrival.Voa.html

I can't remember what online service i used i'm afraid.

• Upvote 1

I used Vietnam Visa Pro as well for my first trip. I went the effort of getting USD for the Visa at the airport to find that they take AUD anyway.

For my trip this year I mailed my passport to the Australian Vietnamese Consulate for a visa beforehand and while it costs twice as much, it saved the hassle and stress of getting it there.