Sign in to follow this  
Props

a/c not working

Hey guys,

Don't wanna bore you with my life story, search function didn't come up with anything significant so just a quick question:

My a/c won't go cold, (regassed today.) Matter of fact temp wont change just hot at all times. tested and looked at the actuators on the heater core and found the one underneath towards the front (with an electrical connector behind headunit)) doesn't move whatever I press, just wondering is this the one that operates the hot/cold flap?

If not where is it? (Digital Climate control)

Thanks,

Janek

did the system get tested when it was regassed?

can you hear the motor kick in when you turn the a/c on when car is idleing?

if thats all good, and your gas didnt leak.. then id guess somthing to do with the hot/cold flap as you said, try un connect it and move it manualy

Edited by INMATE

The actuator that controls the hot/cold is on the passenger's side of the heater unit right down the bottom near the transmission tunnel. From your description it sounds like the one you are describing.

Edited by SIR ASHMAN

did the system get tested when it was regassed?

can you hear the motor kick in when you turn the a/c on when car is idleing?

if thats all good, and your gas didnt leak.. then id guess somthing to do with the hot/cold flap as you said, try un connect it and move it manualy

haha yeah mate i gassed it, vac held for ~10 mins, idle goes up basically everything that should be working is but its not going cold- Thanks for your help regardless (Y)

The actuator that controls the hot/cold is on the passenger's side of the heater unit right down the bottom near the transmission tunnel. From your description it sounds like the one you are describing.

Yep that sounds right, cheers mate

Edited by Props