Sign in to follow this  
Dylan Smith

BUILD SHIT CAR, CALL EVERY ONE HATER

got the ass end back together today and the passenger seat in...rear bar took so much modifying to fit...lengthened the corners by a whole inch to meet the wheel arches re-enforced mounting points created stay arms to pull the bottom of the bar in and stop movement at speed and fibreglassed in spacer bolts to stop pull in points on the bar when bolted on...so much work and a major pain in the ass but turned out great looks awsome very happy with the end result got to take her home tonite...after that massive storm passed ofcourse...cudnt see 5ft ahead of me...

407563_334997639873017_269193759786739_880824_1609753279_n1.jpg boot lid is has warped under welding the old rear wing holes up sadly...hence te lift up on the drivers side...will have to take off and adjust it to fit properly again :)...other than that all good :)

Edited by Dylan Smith

definatly looking Tidy,

Must feel good to have it on the road and driving again

definatly looking Tidy,

Must feel good to have it on the road and driving again

Cheers man yeah deffinantly happy to have it back...been so long...so much bullshit and hassels along the way but the end result deffinantly pays off...

If your going to put Recaros or Momos seats you need aftermarket rails or they'll sit really high. Should of painted the whole lip black. Also the rear bar is so ricey, just looks like a really tacky fake defuser. As long as you like it than all well.

Edited by R32/Liberty

There are already aftermarket rails in the car wwhat we have done is spliced the after market rails with the standard rails...because nissan are retarded and can't just make the bolt up points level we used the standard rail lifters and welded them to the aftermarket sliders so exact same height as a standard seat plenty of head room I'm 6ft3 and come nowhere near the roof and its actually worked out really well...

clutch decided to shit itself and of all things a tent peg went through the front left tyre...also whilst out for a night somone dented the bonnet...shit just goes from bad to worse...

dinted already????

that must piss you off.

I can kinda understand, I hit a tyre in my pulsar at the first race meet, now i have a mark on the passanger side :lol:

not as bad as how you would be feeling though because a) i done it myself and B) i built it to race it so its gonna get some damage :P

dinted already????

that must piss you off.

I can kinda understand, I hit a tyre in my pulsar at the first race meet, now i have a mark on the passanger side laugh.png

not as bad as how you would be feeling though because a) i done it myself and cool.png i built it to race it so its gonna get some damage tongue.png

Yeah deffinantly pissed off...i was just havin a good night out and i come back to 2 dents in the bonnet...have to go to a paintless dent removalist to take em out...the clutch oils seals and cv boots have now been replaced car is back (for now) and having a clutch that works again feels awsome :P...and ide be the same if i had done it sure ide be a bit pissed but it my own fault and yeah its a track car so thats bound to happen :P

definatly gonna happen if i keep going into corners way to hot and needing the handbrake to wash off speed

Upon changing the clutch found that the driveshaft is dead left hand cv is dead and left tie rod end is dead...back to the mechanics tomorrow to get it all replaced -_-

Tell me you didn't just cut the gear lever in half?

So bodgy , that's not a short shifter it's a shortened shifter, a real short/ quick shifter is longer! And you can buy them on eBay for $50

Tell me you didn't just cut the gear lever in half?

So bodgy , that's not a short shifter it's a shortened shifter, a real short/ quick shifter is longer! And you can buy them on eBay for $50

he didnt want a short shifter... He wanted a shortened shifter... Long shifters are shit and annoying... And by shorterning the shifter you shortern the throw which in turn makes it quicker to shift...

On my n14 SSS ( my first car) the guy I bought it off chopped the gear stick, one day whilst giving it hell I flat changed 3rd-4th and the bodgy cut stick went strait into 2nd and blew the rockers and bent valves! It was an expensive exersise I quickly learnt from and I NEVER do the bodgy short cut cheep option when I put the "short shifter" in it was like a dream and the gear lever was easy to find when I was being a p plater and racing any and everything!

maybe it was because you "flat changed" and made a mistake lol, I dont agree with cutting the shifter though its very dodgey, a bit more throw between changes is a good thing. you must have got some heat into that boot to warp it so bad, pitty because the colour turned out alright.

On my n14 SSS ( my first car) the guy I bought it off chopped the gear stick, one day whilst giving it hell I flat changed 3rd-4th and the bodgy cut stick went strait into 2nd and blew the rockers and bent valves! It was an expensive exersise I quickly learnt from and I NEVER do the bodgy short cut cheep option when I put the "short shifter" in it was like a dream and the gear lever was easy to find when I was being a p plater and racing any and everything!

my n14 sss turbo was a bodge job and i never had a problem... And i gave that thing hell everyday frying tyres constantly just by flat changing on full boost... Watch wat ya doin and it'll be fine HSV sells pre "shorterned shifters" for there cars... My mate had one in his ss ute was a hole 3in long... Ran perfect quick changed beautifully never missed or f**ked up a gear...

maybe it was because you "flat changed" and made a mistake lol, I dont agree with cutting the shifter though its very dodgey, a bit more throw between changes is a good thing. you must have got some heat into that boot to warp it so bad, pitty because the colour turned out alright.

nah he stretched the boot over the bottom of the knob for some reason... I like having small throw between gears... Makes quick changing easier when flying by the seem of your pants... Less time with your foot on the clutch the better...

btw i mean boot of the car not gear boot lol..

its a street car though, i know its nice on the strip but yeah, anyway.. paint looks goods.

Edited by R32GTRS

btw i mean boot of the car not gear boot lol..

its a street car though, i know its nice on the strip but yeah, anyway.. paint looks goods.

Oooooooh haha... Yeah we had to weld the spoiler holes up... Yeah one thing you'll learn bout me if you watch my new build is we build racecars that are street registered so everything is set up to drag/drift/race...

Haha yeah its a bodge hacksaw job and I find it no harder finding gears than before...as for the boot under welding the spoiler holes its created a bit of heatt and managed to lift it no big deal it has been fixed now anyway...thanks for the compliment on the paint it turned out better than expected so I'm very happy...but now after just spending 600 to replace the clutch, pressure plate, seals, gear oil left driveshaft and cv the engine has picked up a big knock / rattle and will be seing the bin soon enuff so pissed off cause everything that was replaced is now of no use -_-

Goes faster than ur pink shell out the back hahaha

Thats ok... Well see if you still say that when its finished... Whats ur hopefull qm time? 13? Mines 9... Wat now:D lol

300000 kms out of mine 100000 kms out of urs...hmm ill keep the pulsar :P

Not if built properly... Pac performance has a 8sec 13bt rx3 built for a customer with nearly 200000kms on it... Now what?

Sign in to follow this