Sign in to follow this  
Dylan Smith

BUILD SHIT CAR, CALL EVERY ONE HATER

more progress this week got the pulsar fully prepped...all the pinholes filled and high fill primed...now awaiting wet rub and then onto paint...car is booked in for the 11th of feb and will be back on the road the week after...about friggin time!!!!IMG_0516.jpgIMG_0518.jpgIMG_0519.jpgIMG_0520.jpgIMG_0521.jpgIMG_0522.jpgIMG_0517.jpg

360g wet rub finished over the weekend now over the next week leading up to saturday will re guidecoat and 800g wet rub...then saturday comes the time for colour...(if all goeas according to plan with the rear bar being lengthened and made stronger from the factory flimsyness and bad moulding -_-...

Hell yeah!!! Tomorrow is the day...colour is getting layed down ttoook 4 months of hard work in the afternoons but shuus all be worth it...will upload pics aftter :)

got the whole car all 800grit sanded and prepsoled ready for paint just sitting to the side waiting to be taken to paint...ben trying to move the car sitting on a milk crate withf**k all vision...

429888_326391740733607_269193759786739_863422_954811653_n1.jpg

416906_326391110733670_269193759786739_863420_2016154526_n1.jpg

today got the colour down...shame that the booth owner was a pain in the ass and kept trying to rush us along so didnt get the bars done only the main body...will have to do the bars at home sealed off in the garage...

1st coat

2nd / 3rd coat...

out on the trailer to be taken home :)...

out back final hardening after a hour bake in the booth...

one of the main points of concern was te roof cause it had so many dents but came up really straight compared to what it was

now just awaiting full hardening and a good cut and buff to smooth of any edges and remove any "peel" or clear coat runs...

Edited by Dylan Smith

wow so much work done, bet your getting anxious to have it back on the road

ur not wrong... He basically emptied his ball sack all over the car...

hahah hell yeah so keen....cant wait...just want it together and on the road...after some talking im highly considering somewhere down the line of doing an awd converion :P...

ur not wrong... He basically emptied his ball sack all over the car...

lol thats why the cars white?

Is that a pearl? or standard white? paint came up great

Its called crystal white its a 3 layer paint...a really bright white basecoat then a xrallic pearl with silver and gold flake...then 3 coats of clear for a really deep shine...overall really happy with the outcome of the colour :)

All handels and locks put baack in front and rear windscreens got put in today aswelll...sanded the absolute pain in the ass of a rear bar after strengtheningg and making it longer cause it was about 1inch short of meeting the wheel arch....tomorrow the carpet centrw console door trims and door skirts go back in...

Yeah will meet the tarmac on saturday haha...not finished still needs a good cut and buff to clear up any edges or clear coat runs hich will happen next week or so then she will be show n shine ready :pw

finished making the custom seat brackets for my new seats :)...splices new rails and old rails together...turned out really well...

395949_332407833465331_269193759786739_875631_960250334_n1.jpg427379_332408263465288_269193759786739_875633_1039545426_n2.jpg

Who picked that awsome colour scheme thaat everyone else said dnt do it but then turned around at the end and said it looks mad....oohh that was me...my bad :P

Personally I wouldnt bother trying to turn an ordinary car into a performance car... its just something you figure out when you become an old fart

But, having said that, I really dig the paintwork, pearl white is the bomb. The bodywork appears to be a pretty good standard too, so props there. If there is one thing I hate in todays car scene is ill fitting panels, damage and general dodgyness

I mean the car was never intended to be a show car let's be honest there wudve been a lot more needed to be done to make it to that level...but any dents that creases or imperfections we could find were all taken car of and everyone working on the car has experience in doing so...I take pridde in my workmanship and dnt do shit dodgey like most kids these day...the way I see it is do it once do it right...thanks for the compliment

starting piecing together the exterior today got the front bar in side skirts urethaned on grill centre re blackend :P...side view mirrors etc...starting to look like a car again :)...

P.S i know the grille is outta wack in the pic as its not actually in its just sitting there lols...

421622_334065049966276_269193759786739_878717_943904147_n1.jpg

What kind of seats are you putting in it?

Just like the majority this isnt really my cup of tea, but its funny how people have to have their say, not just walk away. It seems you're doing things right for what you want. Props for that.

And its pretty ironic when people owning silvias are insinuating they are performance cars. There are some impressive FWD circuit cars out there, hopefully this eventually turns into one.

Also, u mentioned sunroof on the first page? That sounds like a recipe for rust...

What kind of seats are you putting in it

looking at the rails i would be worried about the height of the seats once u have them fitted

paint the whole bottom of the lip. that black part in the middle looks shithouse

badly !

looks really try hard-ish

What kind of seats are you putting in it?

Just like the majority this isnt really my cup of tea, but its funny how people have to have their say, not just walk away. It seems you're doing things right for what you want. Props for that.

And its pretty ironic when people owning silvias are insinuating they are performance cars. There are some impressive FWD circuit cars out there, hopefully this eventually turns into one.

Also, u mentioned sunroof on the first page? That sounds like a recipe for rust...

Yeah was considering a sunroof but since then have decided against it....it probably is a recipe for rust and after all the work getting that roof straight would be a shame to cut it apart

What kind of seats are you putting in it

looking at the rails i would be worried about the height of the seats once u have them fitted

The rails rnt a problem at alll because we used the standard seat lifters it is the exact same height as a standard seat...as for seats they are nothing flash just run of the mill seats once i save up some cash i will most likely rip em out and put in some recaros or momos :)

paint the whole bottom of the lip. that black part in the middle looks shithouse

U wanna do it properly sand it back mask off and repaint it be my guest i aint touchin it...

Sign in to follow this