Sign in to follow this  
550hp1jz

Issues with putting in any timing.

So my car is having issues with putting in timing. When more timing starts getting put in, its starts to ping, hence now only making 250kw with my set-up which is quite disappointing. It is getting taken into East Coast Customs again this monday for a while for them to try and work some magic on, but any input I'd be grateful for.

Here's a link to my build so you can have a look what's done without me having to explain it all here. Even with the new complete Tomei turbo side installed it still is having the same problem.

If anyone has had this issue before or has some first hand knowledge on what some possibilities of this problem could be then I would love to discuss it and hopefully share some ideas and there's a lot of knowledge out there. Cheers guys

Build Link - http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=471083&hl=&fromsearch=1

adrian take the car somewhere else, car should not be struggling with your setup, i think you need a second opinion

Checked cam timing and it was fine, I don't know the comp off the top of my head but checked it recently too and it was even across all 4. It's left me dumbfounded as to why it's happening. Any workshops in QLD that want to have a look at it that have put out some excellent SR's? Sam i'm agreeing with you too, I'm reluctant, but I need a second opinion to ease my mind.