Sign in to follow this  
saadn

want to get into bmx

hey so i was thinking of getting into bmx over the summer because im a sick *milkshake*. i know theres a few people on here who partake in the odd recreational bmx ride and was wondering if anyone could help me out in regards to what i need to start up? i know i need a 21inch frame cause im a big boy, and a helmet and thats about it. so help a brother out guys.

Find yourself a decent bike (a decent complete bike is around 700 or so, if you get serious just replace shit you break)

Thrn go hit up local parks/dirtjumps and have fun with it. most bmxers are fairly approachable and not total *milkshakes*.

If your in sa (im on my phone so i cant see diddly) id say pop down to cityskate and say hi one night. bmx is good fun.. pity i spend more time injured than i do riding haha

yeah ill defiantly go to cityskate when i have the chance

im 185cm i went to a bmx shop and they recommended 21 for me. but yeah i have no idea.

Im 187cm tall. 20 is to small for me. so i run a 20.75' Fitbmxco. frame.. feels good.

Swing by little black bike (assuming your in SA) and chat to them. best service ever and they know their shit.

Im 187cm tall. 20 is to small for me. so i run a 20.75' Fitbmxco. frame.. feels good.

Swing by little black bike (assuming your in SA) and chat to them. best service ever and they know their shit.

yep thats where i went :D

If you're near golden grove head the skate park. I'm there with a few mates usually just before and just after the sun goes down. Will be there alot more when I get a new bike.

Looks dope.

Have a look at United and We the people. They sell some pretty decent bikes. I'm new to this as well dude. But the best thing you can do is just hit the park, i'm currently on a shit BMX or I borrow my mates United. Learn to flow the park and drop in. The try to pull off some 180's coming out of a ramp, bunny hop properly, fakie by rolling down the ramps, 180 bunny hops. once you get those down you'll be flying.

Once you bail once you wont be scared to do it again so don't be scared to hit the big ramps.

Whats your facebook. I'll let you know when I get my new bike and you can have a shot.

Cant go wrong with fitbikeco. bikes.. there completes are dope.

And yeah chuck your fb up. i dont ride a heap atm but im normally keen for a cityskate sesh

Probably wanna get a braked one for the first bike.

When the skate parks full of kids i've come close to cleaning a few up.

They learn to get outta the way.

Brakeless ftw

im pretty sure it comes with rear brakes last time i saw it at little black bike

Lol. Cleaned up a girl who walked past the ramp as i dropped in. f**king whore. I bailed and she fell on top of me. It's okay...my face broke my fall.

hey dude,

I ride west beach when im not at uni, just my closest.

i also got an eastern jane for sale if ya want somethin a lil cheaper to test the waters with, brakeless, 21 inch top tube. Only selling cause i wanna upgrade.