Sign in to follow this  
GiantStickMan

SR20 exhuast on CA18 - o2 Sensor?

I'm currently in the process of putting a HKS super dragger exhaust from an SR20 S13 onto my CA18 S13.

I have a small issue though with the o2 sensor near the catalytic converter. The old one on my CA18 stock exhaust had a different plug (and was 4 wires i think?) but the one on the new exhaust is a different connector (and is 2 or 3 wires from memory?). Can i just cut and rewire onto the back of my old connector and if so which wires do i need to match up? Or does anyone know the part # etc for the CA18 sensor so I can order another one and replace it?

Thanks in advance!

If its the plug i'm thinking of near (well it actually plugs into the cat) it's just a temp sensor. I'd plug the hole with a bolt and cut the sensor off.

Post up a pic before u go cutting it off just to be sure

Sounds like the one, the connector is inside the car just under the passenger seat. Would there be any problems plugging the hole and not running one? Will post up a pic when I'm home.

yeah fk it off man you dont really need it. it just informs you if your cat gets blocked up. unplug it and plug the hole up with a bolt. on your cluster a red light will come on to tell u that its not working, just ignore it or if you cbf pull the cluster out and take the light out.

That is just the cat overheat sensor.

It's purpose is to warn in the event of a cat converter overheat which is caused by a buildup of carbon in the cat's honeycomb structure (which takes years and years of normal use or a really rich air fuel ratio)

If you've got a newish cat (ie: not the 20yo stock one) and a decent tune, you will never block the cat in the car's useable lifetime. You can leave the sensor disconnected.

Edited by SIR ASHMAN