Sign in to follow this  
SpotMan

SpotMan's Clown Car & Jzx90 daily

You should put the motor in the bin for real track cred

EADC

So helped my mate get his crashed 1jz cressy that he bought and got given the set of Defi gauges that came with it! will just have to get rid of the boost ones and buy oil pressure and oil temp ones while in japan!

Ii6eQQpl.jpg

Also decided to paint my plenum in wrinkle, kinda turned out shit as i used the dregs from the can.. had no where to bake it dry, so i put it in the foot well of my car, cranked the heaters to feet only and went for a drive :lol:

jwZ3yXFl.jpg

Edited by SpotMan

Picked up a stainless 3" front pipe, spare mint coilpack loom and a spare ignitor today

annoying that its tapers down to suit the stock dump pipe (as mine is 3") but ehh

s7sQ0xtl.jpg

lol, just make up your own, u have a mig, tig and tube is cheap :P

I was going to until my mate sold me this for $25 hahaha

put a loop in the drain tube from the rollover valve, prevents moisture ingress, last thing you want is that cunty to rust inside out (not that it should being aluminum with stainless ballbearing) but better not to chance it

Good point man!

Pulled my fingers out and finally painted my trailer after putting it off for 2 months. Went from being rusty with pealed paint to looking f**king awesome.

IMAG0673_zps1ea5576b.jpg

People in the street complained that my trailer wasn't visable, even tho it was parked under a street light. So thought f**k them I'm paint it bright yellow green haha

IMAG0677_zps2af8589e.jpg

Invested in some new taillights and collected all the clearence lights I had around. Pretty Much going to be able to flick a switch and the 'reverse' lights and some led stripping will light the bed up.

IMAG0678_zpse6836b09.jpg

So just need to get some scaffold planks for ramps and I will be set! Planning on mount then on the guards and having a scissor jack in the center of them that can be adjusted so they don't bent.

I was going to out of some rhs tube..But that takes effort and I still need somewhere to put them. Modern built trailers pretty much built the trailer around the ramp slot, plus having a bad back and when your mum helps load the trailer I need something light weight. f**ked my back up way to Much with these steel tank ramps.

Edited by SpotMan

On my mate's one, it's just decent-sized RHS and checkerplate. They stow away under the deck, between the tail lights.

I'd avoid using aluminium, and buy a jockey wheel.

don't use scaff planks they're rubbish and usless for low cars.

supporting the middle doesn't do much either.

and they're expensive

Got a jockey wheel... Just keep forgetting to install it haha.

I know plenty of people that use them without issue? They are like $300 for the pair. Which is cheap of you factor in material cost and the time it takes to make ramps.

I can't stoy any longer ramps then 1.5m between the lights as the chassis rails go across right in that spot haha.

You could always put them on top of the deck, under the car.

That would mean having to raise the car :lol:

You're telling me 50mm of RHS and maybe 3mm of checkerplate won't fit under your car?

Internet sarcasim doesn't work.. but I would rather store the ramps anywhere but under the car incase shit goes bad and I have to drag it onto the trailer. Mounted to the guards should work fine?

Why are people hating on the skaf planks? That's what most people use now.

Edited by SpotMan

my ae86 would bottem out on scaff plank purely because of how much they flexed.

they sagged down roughly 1 foot in the middle.

and there would be no chance of 25mm rhs fitting under any of my car haha

Mm true. My mates 2m ones flexed like a banana, altho having the support in the centre should stop that? Guess I shall do some designs for some out of rhs.

i would just make some and store under car like bloke said. materials are fairly cheap if you have to buy it and you can practice your mig skills.

securing them would be cake too.

Internet sarcasim doesn't work.. but I would rather store the ramps anywhere but under the car incase shit goes bad and I have to drag it onto the trailer. Mounted to the guards should work fine?

:rolleyes:

'sif you have less than 2 inches of ground clearance.

Edited by Bloke

rolleyes.gif

'sif you have less than 2 inches of ground clearance.

they wouldnt fit under the 7 haha

speaking of which. i wish i took a photo of how i had to unload it after taking it to ET. hahahahah

Yeah gotta build it to Holland's spec! After all he's my biggest customer...... When he pays :lol:

Getting 4m long scaffold planks.. will try and build a tyre rack at the same time as the ramp holders. (Both of which Holland's will like!)

Yeah gotta build it to Holland's spec! After all he's my biggest customer...... When he pays laugh.png

Getting 4m long scaffold planks.. will try and build a tyre rack at the same time as the ramp holders. (Both of which Holland's will like!)

i approve of this message haha

and that coin should be in there in the next ocuple days (when it clears haha)

f**ked my back up at work so went home early... was curious as to what this front pipe would fit like, annddddd its to long, turns out it is also a "decat pipe" like my system has aswell. So it will require a bit of modification to fit!

ue7W4Htl.jpg

Also chucked on the extended lca's after i got the ball joints replaced, brings the wheel track out a shit tonne! shouldnt need a 30mm spacer up front anymore! this is with a 17x9+11 and a 30mm spacer with max camber

OrxTYt1l.jpg

Gazebo also decided to hate wind and bend -.-

SZPP9Qdl.jpg

Brother lined it up and took the photo :lol:

Got the last fitting i needed for the welder so i had a play around and made a passenger seat rail! now i just need to drill all the holes and weld the feet on!

eQsNXjal.jpg

QNefvxKl.jpg

2hXCoGcl.jpg

Pig1zj Also knocked these bracing plates up for my extended LCA's! So stoked, cant wait to weld them on!

0C6fyJxl.jpg

Edited by SpotMan