Sign in to follow this  
SpotMan

SpotMan's Clown Car & Jzx90 daily

I think it's fair to say that you and Spencer may have been seperated at birth.

Think me and apoth need to start going on Diahatsu cruises! we will be slower then a funeral percussion but damn we will have some mighty fine style.

In other news replaced all the front wheel cylinders and shoes! drums are hopefully getting machined tomorrow for freeeeee then fingers crossed the clutch isnt f**ked.

Will only be cop shop inspection.

They'll check the vin and engine number, run them through their computer them Jew you of wads of cash for their colossal effort doing the above.

Got my drums machined for $40 today as the drums were to small to fit on most lathes i had access to.

Got home and chucked it all together, i tried bleeding the brakes took 20mins and i still have to pump them to stop but they lock up well when they work!

Also noticed a huge exhaust leak, had a sus and turns out this happened in my driveway while it was sitting there.... so i have to fix it to get it rego'd... then i might be keen on making a turbo manifold up or even just mild steel headers are Keicarshop sell flanges cheap.

IMAG0482_zpseec80b74.jpg

Might try welding them with the mig, will just have to heat it up till its red hot, lay a weld down while someone keeps heating it, then slowly cool it in sand?

Adjust your drums up, and replace the master cylinder. If the wheel cylinders were f**ked, it'll be f**ked too.

I can't see you successfully fixing that manifold either. I don't suppose you hit it with cold water while it was hot?

Shouldn't be too hard to find another manifold. Might even come with a free car.

Yeah cast manifold, no idea how its cracked when the car hasnt been started at all so therefore couldnt have gotten hot.

Wheel cylinders werent f**ked i just replaced them, brakes were fine before i think. Car can sit and rust more as ive run out of money :lol:

yep.... fingers crossed i can fix the exhaust, spent $100 on a clutch then rego the thing. but i doubt that will happen

You can buy those brazing stuff to be used on cast. No heating or cooking needed.

Just braze it on

Your gonna have to take it off so ya myself just build a new one

Your gonna have to take it off so ya myself just build a new one

Learn to engrish :thumbsup:

Yeah thats what im thinking.. shouldnt be to hard, just need to get access to a pipe bender :/

Yeah cast manifold, no idea how its cracked when the car hasnt been started at all so therefore couldnt have gotten hot.

Wheel cylinders werent f**ked i just replaced them, brakes were fine before i think. Car can sit and rust more as ive run out of money :lol:

Adjust the brakes up, if that doesn't fix it bleed it again.

just cut a hole in the floor dude, thing would be light enough to flinstone it

Edited by Glynnside

Adjust the brakes up, if that doesn't fix it bleed it again.

Well the brakes are rubbing on the drums atm so fairly certain they adjusted well... Will try bleeding again later

So i picked two rb25 turbo's up on the weekend. One couldve been highflowed but the seller wasnt 100% sure on it.

SL50jJPl.jpg

One of them was loosely bolted together so i rotated it to where i need to be and bolted it back up. i span the wheel and it was very rough so i pulled it apart to give it a good clean up. there was alot of carbon build up in there and some pieces of the rear wheel came out :lol: i pulled the wheels off to inspect the bearings and clean the rest of the carbon out.

dvBVQWxl.jpgEoUsYaVl.jpg

all the ball bearings were there which fell out. i gave everything a good clean. reseated the ball bearings into the race with the help of a little bit of grease. once it was back together it span better but still feels rough as f**k, not to mention the rear wheel is chipped.

The 2nd turbo spins really smoothly but has a f**k tonne of black oil in the rear house (worn oil seal or dropped in oil maybe?)

O6LeAmJl.jpg

the wheels were both in awesome condition and it had a modified VL turbo Actuator on it. what stumped me was it has 16v stamped on the front house the same as my rb20 turbo? it also had a nipple on the housing. the centre housing has a restrictor in the oil like my rb20 turbo but unlike the other turbo i pulled apart. the rear housing also looks slightly different to my rb20 turbo as well as having the same wheels as the other 25 turbo... So maybe someone Highflowed an rb20 turbo using rb25 guts??

Rb20 turbo left, Rb25? turbo right

hu8vNPnl.jpg

Above Turbo on the right (rb25?) Oil restriction (same as my rb20 turbo)

VZdGjSPl.jpg

Other Rb25 turbo i pulled apart with no Restriction

BjVzXaEl.jpg

If anyone could shed some Info on the turbo's and if they are f**ked it would be awesome!

Edited by SpotMan

Both my rb25 turbos have no nipples , and both have no oil restrictors, I have 3 rb20 turbos and they all have the nipples . Unsure of restrictors. Dunno if that helps at all though

Didn't read but if your trying to tell the difference between 25/20 turbo measure the inlet

Didn't read but if your trying to tell the difference between 25/20 turbo measure the inlet

Nahh, one turbo is an rb25 turbo,

the other one looks to be a rb20 turbo with rb25 guts as the wheel are a different shape to my 20 turbo but the same as the rough 25 turbo. just unsure as to if it is a "highflowed" 20 turbo or a just a plain old 20 turbo

Also if a turbo feels rough does that mean its f**ked? i was just going to use it and hope when oil goes through it it will loosen up

Other wise i may see if someone can put new oil seals in the Frankenstein turbo

Edited by SpotMan

Since its highmounted, chuck it on n find out lol would take 30mins if that to change

Since its highmounted, chuck it on n find out lol would take 30mins if that to change

Thats the plan! haha

Will see if someone can chuck new seals in the Frankenstein turbo then if this rough one fails or is gay i will swap it straight over! Wheels legit look brand new in the Frankenstein turbo

I always thought turbos with restrictiers in the core are ball bearing?

Why didn't you just buy one decent condition turbo?

Both the seller and i had no idea about the condition, so got two cheap cheap. Trying to find a mint 25 turbo is hard anywho. they are old as f**k now.

0p6 turbos aren't that old... Would make decent power too

0p6 turbos aren't that old... Would make decent power too

Muppets also want to much for them! it isnt much more to buy a aftermarket turbo.

Op6 will make the numbers just like a vg30 would but will be laggy as f**k. You'll get over 200kw but it'll drive like a dog on a 20.

Standard 25 turbo will is best bet for a budget build. I got mine and it was mint with lines, manifold etc for $150, just keep an eye out.