Sign in to follow this  
kdog

FULLRACE OR 6BOOST

I ordered a manifold of him few years back. He was polite and was happy to spend a little time explaining what manifold would best suite my application ect, 7 days later I had my manifold. If his customer service was so pour his manifolds would not be as popular as they are, plain and simple.

6boost is a very busy company supplying all sorts of cars with there manifolds but one thing i find is that when a company gets really busy there customer service does go down as well from all the f**k arounds they get.

Its hard work staying on top of things in this industry if your busy, because there is f**k all profit you cant exactly hire new people to take the load off

+1 your exactly right

at the end of the day it is a steam pipe manifold.. with a merged collector.. split pulse blah blah.. as long of the welds are of a decent standard.. and that a bit of thought has gone into its design.. as rex stated number of welds.. turbo and waste gate position.. the difference is going to be fk all.. the length and diameter of the runners will almost be identical.. and the merged collectors are pre-fabricated so the merge angles from what I have seen almost the same.. so why pay big bucks.. a slight change in manifold geometry isnt going to give you a a heap more power.. or better spool.. you'd be splitting hairs..

I have seen some hand made collectors.. but I would of hated to be the person welding it up...

Kyles gear is great quality and so are the power tune ones.. then there are a few manifold companies that do great jobs too.. I think that most people get caught up in the whole marketing thing.. most of the time there is a good manifold design then everyone copies it anyway.. and all you are paying for is the name..

Ive ordered a couple of manifolds from Kyle at 6Boost and never had a problem dealing with him.

Price is definitely justified by quality of product and service, in my opinion. Would definitely use his skills again.

I purchased a 6 boost manifold with mixed results. Kyle was great. The result, not so much. I requested an exhaust manifold for my ADM S15, to run a Tial 44mm gate, and sent him the flange to go with. Installed the manifold, and the gate wouldnt even fit in the gap between the flange and the strut tower. Sent it back, and he shorted the pipe on the side a little, and even to, it wouldn't fit. Luckily for me, my account rep at Turbosmart called, and offered me a great deal on a 45mm gate, which fit perfectly, utilising the 44mm flange. I was a little disheartened that a seemingly simple requirement resulted in him arguing that he would not sell a manifold where the wastegate outlet was not 90deg to the manifold. Meanwhile, numerous pictures of 6 boost manifolds show the gates being mounted via a side pipe redirected out the side and downwards (somewhat negating the benefits of the wastegate being installed where mine is).

If I were to do it again, I'd hit up Powertune or do it myself since I have since learned to TIG. I would definitely not pay $1000 again for a product I am not happy with.

another vote for the powertune manifolds, it's what i have, even had a small issue which was sorted quick as, mate of mine ordered 6 boost and had to wait nearly two months, was happy with the product though

its been a few years since I bought my manifold so not sure what they're like now but my experience was a bit ordinary. First preference was 6boost but was just too slow and drawn out to deal with him, emails took over a week to respond to and calls never got answered so I went to Kemp. Had a bit of a stuff around there as well with kemp thinking I was some dreamer school kid so when I thought I had ordered it, 2 weeks later I find out he had paid me off. If my time frame wasn't so short I would have gone elsewhere but needed it asap so still went with Kemp. Manifold wasn't great, studs were double the size I needed so had to drill out the turbo housing, didnt come with studs so had to source them and 1st runner fouled on front housing. Kemp did offer to fix it but I didn't have the time for more dicking round so had to make do. When I purchase my next manifold next year I will be trying someone else like rex or full race.

its been a few years since I bought my manifold so not sure what they're like now but my experience was a bit ordinary. First preference was 6boost but was just too slow and drawn out to deal with him, emails took over a week to respond to and calls never got answered so I went to Kemp. Had a bit of a stuff around there as well with kemp thinking I was some dreamer school kid so when I thought I had ordered it, 2 weeks later I find out he had paid me off. If my time frame wasn't so short I would have gone elsewhere but needed it asap so still went with Kemp. Manifold wasn't great, studs were double the size I needed so had to drill out the turbo housing, didnt come with studs so had to source them and 1st runner fouled on front housing. Kemp did offer to fix it but I didn't have the time for more dicking round so had to make do. When I purchase my next manifold next year I will be trying someone else like rex or full race.

U got one of the early manifolds they have gotten alot better since then

Reason why we go bigger studs Is to allow for more clamping force

It's not had to accommodate bigger studs any way

Runner one fouling on compressor housing is a stuff up I admit that but yeah like I said before it was one of the early manifolds and they have gotten alot better since then