Sign in to follow this  
loz

NEW SITE BUGS / CHANGES WANTED

Is there any way to disable threads appearing they have new posts when someone votes in the poll? The Kyle sandilands thread for example....you just want it to die and go away but people keep voting and you (well, I) keep thinking there's a new post. It doesn't go to the top again, but seeing the new post icon is enough to get annoying when it's still on the first page.

This is for any thread with a poll, not just the sandilands one

this didn't happen to the kyle thread? the forum was set to "not poll bump" (just tested it?)

Is there any way to disable threads appearing they have new posts when someone votes in the poll? The Kyle sandilands thread for example....you just want it to die and go away but people keep voting and you (well, I) keep thinking there's a new post. It doesn't go to the top again, but seeing the new post icon is enough to get annoying when it's still on the first page.

agree with dan. can the polls auto disable after a certan amount of time?or make it so when you vote it doesn't bump it? i'm just editing the polls out of OP in old threads in the tech section

Poll bumping has already been disabled, however "active topics" still pick it up as a new post. Not sure why yet...

definately... is this only in off topic?

its a per-forum setting, so i will change it there... but anywhere else let me know!

Beat me :lol:

Looks like it's stopped bumping in OT and General now..

also turned it off for tech section.

can you test it some more? (seems to be working fine here)

we are re-doing the active topics algorythm to include classifieds as well soon

also turned it off for tech section.

can you test it some more? (seems to be working fine here)

we are re-doing the active topics algorythm to include classifieds as well soon

Yeah it's working now in all those sections, including the "Active Topics".

definately... is this only in off topic?

its a per-forum setting, so i will change it there... but anywhere else let me know!

Beat me laugh.png

Looks like it's stopped bumping in OT and General now..

No no not the bumping.

It doesn't bump it.

It just appears if there's a new post, with the envelope/star icon.

And you can't really test that because if you vote and then go back to the Offtopic list, then you've just been viewing the thread, so it's going to show read. Edit: I just noticed it's turned to 'new post' again (not bumped), someone must have voted again.

Like I said, not really a problem once the thread leaves the first page, but kind of annoying seeing the new post icon all the time when it's still visible.

Now I think about it, I think I see it happen on other forums, so maybe it's not fixable?

Edited by Dan.

yeah i would say it's not fixable.

(is it really a problem?) :P

Haha no not really... Just thought while you're making changes it might be possible. All

Good.

Clicking on an item in the "Notifications" drop down menu logs you out.

Found this from Chrome, replicated in IE7-8 and Firefox.

Edited by HumanHefner

How do you post a new topic in the classifieds section on the mobile site? I've ben going to the full version and posting then coming back on the mobile site.

when you click active topics on mobile version it sometimes takes you to members list........

this happen for anyone else?

^ + fkn 1

I get pictures of a red Nissan caliper as the notification icons... Wtf?

Cheers,

Andy

Edit: Oh and the notification icon itself on the top right is a picture of a red r32 door or some shit. Fkn random!

On the mobile site the images are squeezed and look shit because of it.

I need to download the image to look at it properly

^ + fkn 1

I get pictures of a red Nissan caliper as the notification icons... Wtf?

Cheers,

Andy

Edit: Oh and the notification icon itself on the top right is a picture of a red r32 door or some shit. Fkn random!

what version of phone?

your cache / browser needs to be refreshed... we made heaps of changes a week ago, and it seems your phone is being crap.

android, sgs2 sad.png

and what is wrong with it?

works great on my sgs2?

Seems alright on android for me, even using stock browser works well. On 2.3.7.

How do you post a new topic in the classifieds section on the mobile site? I've ben going to the full version and posting then coming back on the mobile site.

We haven't built "add listing" to the mobile version

Should we allow this without photos?

it will end up filing the classifieds with adverts that don't have photos

I can post pics off my iPhone. Just can't upload them to NS, which all turn out blurry and pixelated anyway.

can we please go back to the old classifieds

Can you please change the default language from US to Australian English? People here have a hard enough time spelling things correct without the spell check misleading them

Edited by boost_bus180

We haven't built "add listing" to the mobile version

Should we allow this without photos?

it will end up filing the classifieds with adverts that don't have photos

it's not the phone it's the rom/browser. whatever mine has it's shit. the bottom reply button doesn't work, gotta scroll to the top and use that reply button. and you can't resize the screen so i can only view the left half of screen. it's f**ked in the mobile display version, i always have to make it go to full version. next time i'm on the gold coast i'll show you

Old mobile version was so much easier n more forum friendly hardly find myself in it anymore cause of new changes, classifieds sucks !

when u click active topics.... can we pleae have it so you can just click the thread and it goes to your last page instead of having to pick that tiny little fkn star.... shits me to tears when i miss it and gotta scroll through to were i was

kthnzbye

is there anything you can do that will make it impossible for anyone to post

"cheers,

Andy" ?

we know your name is andy.

Cheers,

Ryan

Edited by .Ryan.

is there anything you can do that will make it impossible for anyone to post

"cheers,

Andy" ?

we know your name is andy.