Sign in to follow this  
Hobbsie

How much is cosmetic dental work?

My teeth are pretty good but I want to have them straightened as the 2 sharp ones (don't know what they're called) are a little bit gapped. Can't really see them but that's not the point.

Only problem is my 2 front top teeth aren't real. They're permanent though. Is there any way of fixing them without braces as I believe braces will probably break my front ones.

My teeth are pretty good but I want to have them straightened as the 2 sharp ones (don't know what they're called) are a little bit gapped. Can't really see them but that's not the point.

Only problem is my 2 front top teeth aren't real. They're permanent though. Is there any way of fixing them without braces as I believe braces will probably break my front ones.

there are a fair few options as detailed in this thread, best to just make an appointment and see an ortho might cost a couple hundred but youll get the best advice.

Edited by horrace

For anyone interested i went into medibank the other day and i am getting $2250 back out of the 6900 iv spent for my braces.

mine cost around $5500 back in 2002. perfectly straight and no overbite now, just working on getting my teeth a little whiter now.

so straight, people do comment on them. I would have been totally screwed if i didnt get them. would have ended up would huge vampire teeth.

Edited by Peter89

holy thread revival batman! just thought id check in, got my braces off 6 weeks ago and it was well worth the 15 months of slight annoyance. My teeth are unrecognisable, cost me just under 4000 after my rebates for anyone who is playing at home. If your teeth bother you like mine did don't hesitate go for it!