Sign in to follow this  
Spazo

Coffee

I don't drink anymore, I don't smoke anymore, I eat anything but try to stay away from fried things.

I'm sure there are allot worse things out there but this topic is about coffee.

Tbh I don't read facts, i try learn them from personal experience.

I know when I used to drink coffee I started relying on it and sleeping less. From what I seen on others, they are more angry and more stressed, which I beleive is from the lack of sleep.

Don't get me wrong I do like coffee, and coffee emporium is the only place I would go back to. But all things are good in moderation.

I.e 2 glass of coke a day is fine, but 2 liters of coke a day will have negative effects

Do you drink, smoke, eat non-organic vegetables/hormone free meat?

All of the above are far far far worse for you, than caffeiene.

And i get free coffee made by a "barista", no nesquik here mofacker.

Heck, eating more than 500g of red meat is worse for your health than drinking coffee.

I was simply pointing out the fact that the links you pointed out, were rubbish.

i eat close to, if not more then 500g of red meat a day. love it!

I don't drink anymore, I don't smoke anymore, I eat anything but try to stay away from fried things.

I know when I used to drink coffee I started relying on it and sleeping less. From what I seen on others, they are more angry and more stressed, which I beleive is from the lack of sleep.

Don't get me wrong I do like coffee, and coffee emporium is the only place I would go back to. But all things are good in moderation.

I.e 2 glass of coke a day is fine, but 2 liters of coke a day will have negative effects

well two glasses of coke a day isn't really fine, in fact it's pretty dam bad

If you are drinking 8 cups a day, there is something seriously wrong!

And blood, 500g of red meat per day takes your risk of bowel/stomach cancer up phenomanolly (SP?!).

1) I know when I used to drink coffee I started relying on it and sleeping less. From what I seen on others, they are more angry and more stressed, which I beleive is from the lack of sleep.

2) I.e 2 glass of coke a day is fine, but 2 liters of coke a day will have negative effects

1) Sure it wasn't the meth brah?

2) How much coffee can I drink before I will start getting negative side effects? :doh:

Maybe you shouldn't have had coffee at times in which it would affect your length and quality of sleep, and you might have been better off.

I don't understand what you were relying on coffee for. Energy?

Did you ever think that if you got a decent sleep you may still have been able to drink it, and NOT have been more angry or stressed?

Edited by Shark

As long as you don't load up your coffee with full cream milk and sugar, it's fine. Everything in moderation.

And blood, 500g of red meat per day takes your risk of bowel/stomach cancer up phenomanolly (SP?!).

i have heard this. but i'm not going to stop.

have been eating more chicken then steak lately though

As long as you don't load up your coffee with full cream milk and sugar, it's fine. Everything in moderation.

Heroin?

Heroin?

If you can stick to it in moderation.. fine :lol:

Edited by Shark

coffee.. an expensive habit!? LOLWUT

Well lets say you buy 3 coffees a day..

Each coffee costs you say $3.30, so per day let's round it to $10.00.

You work 5 days a week so that's $50.00 per week on coffee... That doesn't even include the weekend, so if you buy them all weekend its even more.

If you work 48 weeks per year, that's $2,400.00 spent just on coffees... In 5 years that's $12,000.00, in 20 years it's $48,000.00.

So yeah I know plenty of people that buy 3 or more coffees a day. Obviously its not expensive if you're just making instant coffee provided by your workplace

coffee.. an expensive habit!? LOLWUT

Well lets say you buy 3 coffees a day..

Each coffee costs you say $3.30, so per day let's round it to $10.00.

You work 5 days a week so that's $50.00 per week on coffee... That doesn't even include the weekend, so if you buy them all weekend its even more.

If you work 48 weeks per year, that's $2,400.00 spent just on coffees... In 5 years that's $12,000.00, in 20 years it's $48,000.00.

So yeah I know plenty of people that buy 3 or more coffees a day. Obviously its not expensive if you're just making instant coffee provided by your workplace

That's f**k all in the grand scheme of things.

I could do that for a variety of things and have people go "OMG."

Im trying to kick my daily iced coffee for normal coffee and struggling hard.

Like I think about iced coffee most

Moments I'm not drinking it. Been two days and I don't know if I can make it through tomorrow

:lol:

Im drinking home made Asian style coffee every morning

It contains condensed milk and 5 tea spoons of coffee

I really need to cut down considering I drink it in one morning

5 tea spoons of coffee in one morning is really hard to kick

It's so tastey tho

Those ICE BREAK coffees with 0.5% guarana in them make me feel like I'm on speed. wtf lol. ASIF. It's so strange

How many coffee drinkers are also getting a caffeine hit in their pre/post/during protein shake? A mate at work was jawing on about coffee being bad for me (i have 1 in the morning) yet failed to realise that his protein powder had a fair caffeine hit in it becuase he didn't read the ingredients.....

I used to work part time as a barista and I used to drink coffee like it was nothing, nowadays i generally need 1-2 to keep functioning throughout the day

What are your thoughts on having caffeine for pre workout?

Old thread/who cares, place is dead

Coffee in an overall context is good for you

research says so

white black full ceam with sugar who cares. Its irrelivent 5g of sugar is 20 whopping calories. You wont die.

Coffee makes me sleepy. i usually have a coffee and smokes half hour before i go to sleep makes me nice and warm inside.

only thing that keeps me awake these days is V i usually go through 2-5 cans a day. but thar seems to be useless to me now, so i've added No Doz and V to keep me going through the day.

(work consists of staring at a computer screen ALL DAY plus 5am wake up)

Coffee makes me sleepy. i usually have a coffee and smokes half hour before i go to sleep makes me nice and warm inside.

only thing that keeps me awake these days is V i usually go through 2-5 cans a day. but thar seems to be useless to me now, so i've added No Doz and V to keep me going through the day.

(work consists of staring at a computer screen ALL DAY plus 5am wake up)

I would take a serious look at your diet, if you need 2-5 V's a day then there is something seriously wrong.

Lol. You're a gronk. Stop drinking that shit. I'm gonna guess that you get really crap sleep and probably eat alot of shit food. Definitely ask your GP about that one.

Edited by Spazo

i can keep myself awake when i'm constantly moving, but once i sit down and stare at the same thing for afew hours, not much to do than drink! got to the point where i've just left that job and now doing something more "active" and on my feet.

getting back to the gym once it opens so will need all the help and advice i can get.

Good for you. I'm pretty sure part of it comes down to your mindset though. I remember working in a call centre late at night and at the end of my shift (finished at 11) I was nodding off at my desk... but as soon as work was over I was wide awake, then I'd get frustrated that I couldn't sleep. Basically you hate work and want to avoid reality, hahaha.

Well brewed black coffee with no sugar or milk is the ducks nuts. Get on it.