Sign in to follow this  
shaun2

JDM14A daily driver/track car

hey guys been slowly but surely building this rig for the last 9 months or so so i thought id do a build thread and show you guys how far its come.

so get ready its gonna be a massive rant lol.

this is my s14a JDM14A this was formaly known as XTC200 and this is what it looked like when i first picked it up from sydney

1.jpg.JPG

01.jpg.JPG

It had already been featured in a mag from the previous owner so i was abit bummed about it as i was hoping of making this number three to make a mag but i just wanted this thing i think cause of the colour it was epic

2.jpg.JPG

so first thing was first the car was alot rougher then what i was under the impression,and had a standard s13 motor in here although in the mag it stated it had a fully forged motor apexi fc ect ect well it didnt and i knew that so it didnt bother me asit was a starting point for me. the coilovers in it were shot they knocked like a bastard so i replaced them with a new set of bc coilovers the rear wheel bearing shot so that got a new one and the center brace wasnt even bolted in right

3.jpg.JPG

4.jpg.JPG

5.jpg.JPG

i then removed the fake bride seats as i felt like i was sitting in a bus they were mounted that high my head was hitting the roof and they were hard and uncomfortable so i opted for some more comfy seats and chose s15 seats as i had an s15 rear one already in the back and i removed the cheap nasty wannabe defi gauges off the dash to make it clean looking

6.jpg.JPG

i then decided to do a few engine mods, some will say i de modded it but i wanted to build the car for daily driving and track so i didnt need 500hp+. the car had a standard manifold on it with a 38mm external gate and a gt2871r with a .86 rear housing and screamer. so it was laggy and too loud to get away with the spirited night driving so i sold that setup off and purchased an s15 ball bearing turbo and a stainless lowmount manifold to get rid of the screamer.

i fitted up a set of tomie rocker arm stoppers and a big baffled sump to help the motor out while it sits on limiter. i also fitted eboost 2 and a short shift kit, dildo and hand brake button for skids.

7.jpg.JPG

8.jpg.JPG

i then fitted it out with a full sound system kenwood bluetooth front splits six inch rear 5 channel hybrid amp and a ten inch sub tryin to save on weight but i love my music so it was abit of give and take.

i decided i wanted to get some jap rims and opted to get some work emotion xd9 17x9.5 +17 all around.

and the car had no mufflers in it and sounded like a tractor so i got a muffler put in the rear to give it a better note and not be so freaking loud it was rediculas.

9.jpg.JPG

i was pretty happy with how the car was performing and i got a chance to hit up a drift track near golburn so i went and met family down there and done a drift day while i was down there but befor i even got there tragity struck. driving on the high way nearly reaching sydney at 10.30 at night i hit a block of 4x2 that was on the high way WTF was it on the high way has got me f**ked but i was too late to see it and i hit the bastard

10.jpg.JPG

so i was i need of a front bar asap i ended up finding one really cheap in act while i was there so i wiped her on so i could continue driving the sucker and had a blast at the drift day cause it was raining so horsepower wasnt needed at all and i only used on set of tyres all day biggest issue for the day was a blown cooler pipe f**king win i say. so after a 2800klm round trip and a drift day in there it survived!!!

12.jpg.JPG

11.jpg.JPG

13.jpg.JPG

when i got back i had to paint that front bar so i got a custom can of paint made up and painted the front bar and it looked ok for now as i was strapped for cash i also painted the rocker cover and strut brace bars at the same time. i really wanted my vertex kit back but couldnt afford it as of yet.

015.jpg.JPG

16.jpg.JPG

had this on for two weeks and hated it luckly i found a vertex front bar cheap as chips so off i went to wollongong to pic her up brought it back and got a quote to get it painted as i didnt want a shit job. i got qouted 600 to paint a front bar holy f**k is it primed in gold???????

i then thought f**k it i drift it so i may as well do it myself so first time painter i gave it a go and what do you know i done a f**king baning job on it cant even tell the diffrence and it was done on my garbage bin out side win win

22.jpg.PNG

i then fitted adjustable camber caster and toe arms to help with the set up and it made a heap of diffrence

15.jpg.JPG

my diff was getting a little lazy so i bought a $12.00 shim from nissan and shimmed my diff and man did i reap the rewards to that it worked brilantly and painted my diff cover candy pink.

about this time i had a mate that needed a car asap so stuck a deal id swap him my ke70 bomb that i paid $300 for and swapped it for a set of tomie drop in cams, and man dose it sound lumpy as all hell sounds awsome

18.jpg.JPG

17.jpg.JPG

19.jpg.JPG

i then got over the look of the xd9 as i found a baller pair of work vskf rims and i just had to have them so went way deep into those pockets and it now sits on 18x9.5 +28 on the front and 18x10 0 offset on the rear and alot of camber to tuck them in i lowered it abit more and this is how she looks to date tryed to make the bay look standard as and it seems to have worked with the pole pole.i also removed the pod and modded the standard airbox so it wasnt constrictive put in a hard pipe intake and another cold air induction to let it breath. and that has worked out awsome but still looks stock. and put some hid 6000k in her.

24.jpg.JPG

25.jpg.JPG

26.jpg.JPG

27.jpg.JPG

i recently entered in rnd 4 of railghy race way drift comp on arrival i find im the only street rego car and the only one to drive to and from the track. not sure were i placed but man did i have a ball and the comontator gave me a mad rap as an up and cummer so i was really happy about that so i got the drift bug hard and i think although the car survived the day with no bingles i think it may get some zipties in the future as it is too tempting to get nice and close to others and hey what for own a car if your not ganna drive it right????

so this was last week at railghy race way.

hope you enjoyed my massive rant but thats my storey and i will update as i go on looking at a two way now, new cooler setup and cage.

Let me know what you guys think cheers

pics thanks to hardy photography (jeremy)check him out on facebook guys.

29.jpg.jpg

31.jpg.jpg

32.jpg.jpg

33.jpg.jpg

oh and power wise i wouldnt have a clue id say maybe 170rwkw its no power house but drifts extreamly well for what it is

Awesome work, definitely like the direction this has taken from before

You are friends with Lukas / Barnsey hey? This thing is mint... I was so close to buying it before I bought my S15

Yeah zeeute I'm friends with those guys. Isn't a bad car at all I love it.

And mitch you just want pics of your drifter on here lol

fine ill post it when i get home haha, and yoru car is in front what you worried about ;P

Roh's old Sil ! Seen this car transform over the years nice work with the vskf looks tough....

Rocker cover cam up nice also , Take care of her :)

Awsome job cleaning the car up....I would be pissed off if it didn't have a black top in it for a S14A but you've seemed to transform it with some quality mods.Great work with the current wheels, and for some reason it looked just that bit more TUFF with that black bar and bonnet.Just my thoughts. Great DIY.

P.S - i need my boonet and boot sprayed if you're in Sydney :thumbsup:

haha thanks mr gem but im from port macquarie so i aint close but hey give it a go yourself regardless of the outcome you can say you done it mate.

and here just for you mitch

28.jpg.jpg

you've made a car with potential legit cool man well done.. what track was the first one you mentioned near goulburn?

thanks dirty_rb30 thats at maurlan race way i think thats how you spell it. not a bad track at all small but good fun.

and thats the way i was going with it make it look as standard as possable and legit to an extent, so standard air box oil can runs back to intake ect ect.

Sweet as, who organized the drift day at Marualen? I thought they didn't allow skids?

yeah I rang up trying to organise a day (as a cams club) and they wanted nothing to so with it

My little bro organized it. Was a stricked day we could only have a car at a time and nothin over a certain db and no screamers.was myself and 6 others.

I know he had a heap of trouble with some club in act rush hour or something and it nearly got him shut down maybe that's why he ain't doin it now not sure.

Edited by shaun2

action shot lol

just bought a nismo 2 way hopefully see it in the next day or two keen as

drift.jpg.jpg

Was wondering where this car ended up, looks like you are using it well! :D

looks tough now too.

Slides pretty good and smokes nicely for only 170rwkw. I like!

f**k yea man im in newy do you reckon raleigh raceway would be closer from here?

about 5 and a half hours to get there for you mate. im keen as got the new diff in and going to railghy again this weekend for a fun session with a couple of mates.

I actually remember seeing this car in the magazine. Beautiful car buddy.

thanks mate well had a good day at the drifts learnt a little more again feel really comfy in the car now only thing i didnt like is being thrown around in the cabin think im gonna need a good seat and harness and a little more power an ill be stoked. just purchased a sard fuel pressure reg just gotta fit her now

and the new nismo 2 way is epic i f**king love it not too noisey but works a million bucks :)

Edited by shaun2

got my sard reg fitted and new camber arms arrived they look to be pretty good quality happy with them.

DSCF0183.JPG

DSCF0174.JPG

the car look good beforehand but the vskf's take it to a whole new level, one of my favourite s14's goin round

how do you find the bc coilovers?

epic i had them in my las s14 and bought these new never had an issue good enough for track and good for daily driving