Sign in to follow this  
Upright

Problem with phone line/internet

Internet connection has always been intermittent over the past 5 years or so. For months it will work perfectly and then randomly it will drop out and the phone line will also become unuseable occasionally. Resetting the modem helps sometimes but lately it has just said that the DNS server is down and resetting does nothing. Have had 4 different modems over the years and the problem has been the same. Also been with two different providers and no difference. Currently with iinet. Also when the internet is playing up, if we recieve a phone call it goes down for a solid half an hour. Thinking it may have something to do with the quality of the phone line in our house, or maybe even the line in the street? Anyone ever experienced anything like this before? And do I just call iinet and get them to check the phone line or is that telstra's job?

I had a similar problem turned out to be the phone line in my house was old and cutting in and out,some days it would work then others it wouldnt.rang up and got telstra to come fix it and havent had a problem since

Yes it will be to do with your phone line between your house and the exchange . If the issue is found to be on your property then you'll have to pay. If the issue is out in the field then you won't.

I've got a similar problem. When someone calls the house phone and I pick up, the Internet drops out, or if I pick up the house phone to dial somewhere, the line drops out. Any ideas, as it's getting a nuisance?

if we recieve a phone call it goes down for a solid half an hour.

I've got a similar problem. When someone calls the house phone and I pick up, the Internet drops out, or if I pick up the house phone to dial somewhere, the line drops out. Any ideas, as it's getting a nuisance?

filters!

check there is one on every phone

check its the right way connected

double check the above

buy new filters

ring your isp and get the line checked :)

if ur in SA, pm me