Sign in to follow this  
-Truck-

Whats Your Excuse?

I'm not usually one to cause a big fuss over stuff but I've had it.

What the f**k is with people making all these stupid little excuses about why they cant train or how sore they are during or after working out; and then when they finally decide to actually workout they bitch and moan because they aren't making progress.

Feel free to add your own experiences with people like this and let some steam off or just post whatever the f**k you like.

no excuses.png

Everyone wants to be a bodybuilder but noone wants to lift these heavy ass weights

I am currently trying to loose weight and every now and then I cbf so I tell it like it is, I cbf right now.

used to work with a guy who would stop training when he ran out of protein powder. 6months of gym membership and couldnt even bench more than 50kg

You have to lift big to get big is something I've always lived by.

But I hear you. Its the excuse the general population cry and mope about when they aren't getting anywhere. I think the main problem with these ppl is motivation;

Motivation isn't an easy thing to come by; A lot of ppl lack it. If you are very motivated when your training and in what you do, Kudos. Thankfully I don't lack it; Although I haven't been to the gym for the past 7 days as I've have pneumonia, But that shit happens :stretcher:

Whingers shit me. I know whats required to drop 20kg of fat and to train hard. If you're not prepared to do it dont complain, or you do it half assed so you can tell yourself youre winning is shit. End rant. haha

It's confidence with me. I'm a skinny little f**ker and pretty self-concious. I really don't wanna get laughed at when I go to the gym. Also, I don't know where to start. Needa meet someone with the same plan. I wanna get bigger. Don't wanna be huge, but I wanna be bigger.

It's confidence with me. I'm a skinny little f**ker and pretty self-concious. I really don't wanna get laughed at when I go to the gym. Also, I don't know where to start. Needa meet someone with the same plan. I wanna get bigger. Don't wanna be huge, but I wanna be bigger.

no one in a proper gym will ever laugh at you man if you live near town come to world gym for a trial id be wiling to show you how to do everything if you go there

I'm in Gawler. But I might make my way up there to get myself started. Would be good.

i dont think you should come with the mindset of 'i want to get big but not be huge'. i think thats just setting urself up to put in a half assed effort. its not like u go from big to huge overnight.

thats the mindset of the guy i mentioned earlier. he trained like a lazy *milkshake* coz he 'didnt want to get huge'. he honestly thought that if u did sets of less than 8 reps he would get too big so he never pushed hard and never went up in his lifts. hes the only guy at the gym i laugh at.

I'm not usually one to cause a big fuss over stuff but I've had it.

What the f**k is with people making all these stupid little excuses about why they cant train or how sore they are during or after working out;

O the irony :lol:

I train as often as I can, when in not im either

-away working (still train where I can)

-working on cars

-tired from working 12 hour days.

I'd love to have a 8-4 job 5 days a week so I could train properly

Gotta start somewhere mate.

well his 'starting somewhere' got him nowhere. he wanted to 'tone up' when he had nothing there to tone apart from a looking like a balloon. i could go on for ages about all his excuses he came up with.

my excuse is that i do a Cert4 TAFE course 1 night after work and im on a rotating 7 day roster so when i have to work weekends theres no time before and after as the gym has reduced hours on weekends.

motivation, as someone already mentioned.

i always go with a mate, makes it alot easier if you have someone there doing it with you.

^^^ I hate lifting with people it distracts me.

My biggest excuse is I'm way to lazy have to force myself to go after work instead of napping :lol:

Yeah there was someone a while ago who said they would be embarassed to go to gym. I couldnt understand it. Its where fat or skinny people go to get fit.

The biggest excuse is time. I laugh at this. I work 56 hours + school + girlfriend and do Sun - Wed gym, and friends and family that have half the schedule i do say "oh how can i, i work so hard...." :lol:

I must say this time of year brings out alot of lazy people. Its always the same at gym, people panicking about summer. If it aint raining it aint training!

i dont think you should come with the mindset of 'i want to get big but not be huge'. i think thats just setting urself up to put in a half assed effort. its not like u go from big to huge overnight.

thats the mindset of the guy i mentioned earlier. he trained like a lazy *milkshake* coz he 'didnt want to get huge'. he honestly thought that if u did sets of less than 8 reps he would get too big so he never pushed hard and never went up in his lifts. hes the only guy at the gym i laugh at.

Not what I meant. What I meant was that I'm not expecting to be "huge" any time soon. I'm aiming high and when I get my shit together I'm gonna start training hard, I really am dedicated and it's not a plan I conjoured up over night. It's something I've wanted to dedicate myself to for a long time.

Yeah there was someone a while ago who said they would be embarassed to go to gym. I couldnt understand it. Its where fat or skinny people go to get fit.

The biggest excuse is time. I laugh at this. I work 56 hours + school + girlfriend and do Sun - Wed gym, and friends and family that have half the schedule i do say "oh how can i, i work so hard...." :lol:

I must say this time of year brings out alot of lazy people. Its always the same at gym, people panicking about summer. If it aint raining it aint training!

I wish I only worked 56 hours.

I push 80 or so, shits me cause the last 9 months I havn't been able to make it to the gym before it closes :(

1 day a week is as much as I can get in.

24hour gym Damo no excuses :P

Having said that i was full into training whether it be in my old home gym training with and helping mates or going to a gym, run etc but i havent trained now for over a year having a child and another on the way I seriously couldn't be stuffed anymore.

My motivation isn't what it used to be I know it's sounds stupid cos I should be training and keeping fit more now that I have kids but it's not there ATM anyways lol.

No license ATM until 12th of October lol, but will most likely go to the 24hour one on south gippsland hwy dandenong as I signed up there a while back with a mate but he never went.

Have the option to Pay as you go $3 a visit or buy a $55 card for a certain number of visits and they give you a key or you can do a normal contract 6-12months like any other gym.

Thats the closest 24hour one to me as I'm straight up the hwy.

I dont need an excuse.

No one needs an excuse.

If you dont want to go - dont go.

I have a severe lack of motivation. Busted my foot up in a lawn mower at the end of last yr (dont ask lol) and havent been able to get back into it...

lack of motivation. probably cause I'm wrecked after work, so I come home and have a meal, and feel like going to bed.

I'd also rather a training partner. Someone to push me to do those last few reps.. but no one can be f**ked joining a gym with me haha

I got to the gym 5 days a week, eat as much as I can as often as I can.

I've put on 5 kilos in a month. I've now hit a plateau...

I can't lift heavier because I don't have a spotter. I am doomed.

/rant