Sign in to follow this  
matt_28

s13... rb26 help

Has anybody on here managed to fit a 26 in a s13 if so can u tell me any minor to major problems I might encounter... if it has been done what engine mounts were used or were they prefab?

Does any rb crossmember work?

How do u go about a sump as 26 sumps look pretty dam big

And any other problems i might encounter? Your help would be greatly Appreciated cheers

I pretty sure you just need rb crossmember. Mate put rb25 in one and just used the rb crossmember

Wall may need beating back but it should fit aren't mush bigger than 25s but don't know about sump

Its been done a million times have a search dude..

Yea I know its possible I have a rb sil almost finished just looking into the 26 idea for another shell I'm just about to buy I just wanna rough idea where I'm going... just wanna have a chat to somebody that has actually done the conversion before eg. Engine mounts and sump work that's mainly all that worries me at the moment :S

only problem you may have will be sump. you can use crosss member and everything from rb to the sil. all i can say is try fit it will that sump

I think you should be more worried about what you're getting yourself into with the rb26 itself lol :P

yeah i done one this year from start to finish, get a rb25 box, use cefiro crossmember, use stock rb26 engine mounts, pull sump off and take it to local engineer and get him to cut off front diff and weld it up, install baffles in sump. full vrs kit and 100,000km service is mandatory cause you dont wanna do it while its in there. make sure you go at least an N1 oil pump, i used N1 and it was fine. but a jun/nitto are a great investment if your really going to push the motor. Wiring was a piece of piss, dont pay someone to do it cause they will f**k it up almost guaranteed. download the wiring pdf for a silvia and a skyline and its easy to work out.

get tail shaft shortened and replace/rebuild a clutch and its pretty much done blah blah blah

^I just dropped a 26 into a s13 in 30 seconds from reading that.

Pretty much what endlss said.

If you have little knowledge of wiring, then you can do it.

Not sure why that last post replied as a guest but thanks heaps guys that was the info I needed looks like I'll be starting my build pretty soon :P

you will be amazed at what you can find on google. there are some really indeath build threads with this conversion out there aswell. (looked into doing it myself, worked out it would cost to much :P)

dont know why you think its costs to much?

if your super stressed about the price find a rb25 silvia/180 and sell your car and buy that.

ive seen a couple go for under 6-7k recently, even found one for 5 k.

working off that i could have another built for under 15k on road including car.

and it would be done in 3 months working only weekends (thats being conservative, with a mate or two it could be running in a weekend if you had everything you ened at hand)

Complete motor swaps cost stuff all lol I recently built a rb20 sil for about 2500 my motor n box was 800 and my shell 900 and I'm using it as a daily so it half reliable lol

yeah ive done it before. used an R32 gtst engine cross member, R32 gtst mounts.. be carefull with this becuase R33gtst mounts are different. if you use r33gtst mounts you will need to run a r33 gtst cross member, RB25 gearbox, cut the front diff off the stock rb26 sump, fabricated new gearbox mount, custom tail shaft, custom cooler pipeing, i used the gtr front pipes for the exhaust i got given with the motor which i think were just some stainless ones, wiring is easy.

in a s13 body, COMPLETELY stock motor with only 10psi, stock turbos, stock dump pipes, stock ecu, stock injectors run 12.5 @ 114mph with 195 wide advans .. good street setup and reliable as f**k.

Edited by 26_S13