Sign in to follow this  
Royzie

180sx Street registered circuit bucket

funny-walking-dead-zombie-bike.jpg

Splitter all mounted and done

Ordered streetpro wing from NZ.. Turns out they suck for their aftersale service and haven't heard from them since i paid for it last week.. lol

If it ever arrives it will look like this

29225_126951430665639_4135743_n.jpg

First they were streetpro kits then they were streetpro industries now they are SPI composites or something.. plenty of slander threads on forums and apparently have been in liquidation atleast once. I should have done a little research before ordering lol

A hot smelly day at lakeside yesterday... No shit if you stand on pit lane long enough the rubber soul on your shoe fused into the tarmac lol

First two sessions i retired after a couple laps due to a hot side pipe popping off, never had this issue before managing slow 65s on both

Third session felt much faster until i started hearing gnarley scrubbing on the rear right where again i retired early to a 64.4 (new pb WOO)

But obviously i was there for a 63 so i went back out with a vengeance in the last session full of confidence thinking id piss it in. Everything went so much smoother, thinking i was driving the wheels off it, with a clean 5 lap session. Surely i hit it

Are you serious? What a dick of a day. I'm fairly disappointed because i really wanted that 63 in street trim. Now i am stuck with the question.. Do i stick the aero on for the 24th of march or do i try again without aero?

Will upload video tonight / tomorrow morning. I can easily find another .5 in the video, flat though kink, brake later into carousel, brake later into hungry, harder out of hungry, faster through last corner. You cant see that shit while you are in the car

Still have stock passenger seat, all the heater boxes, firewall blanket, sound deadening, stock complete doors. There is huge amounts of weight to be removed but i want to leave it as is until i really get stuck. Hopefully the cooler weather in March and the extra seat time can be enough to get my deep into the 63s if i choose to go without aero.

Found some pics

74975_10151380730350862_37726332_n.jpg

270954_10151380730550862_1021740626_n.jpg

530691_10151380730650862_1494138643_n.jpg

Edited by Royzie

Subscribed because you said budget and you made a splitter from plywood (which is getting closer to the top of my list of things to do on the car).

25 bucks of non structural ftw. Probably should have spent the extra 20 on the stronger stuff though

Much difference in flex?

Got a pic of where it's attached under the cooler?

Much flex on the sides or is it attached somewhere under there I can't see?

How far does it go back?

Goes back to sway bar, about half an inch or flex on the corners because i haven't made up supports for the fenders yet, bolted to the standard m6 threads for the stock undertray, have m8 threaded bars mounting to the fenders, turn buckles to the upper rad support and four L brackets mounted to lower rad. Holds my 115 kgs on the front. Sides need more bracing.

This is the only pic i have of where the L brackets are mounted

309453_10151344535875862_1493652533_n.jpg

Oh yeah and i started the day with a full tank and put it on the trailer in the arvo with 3/4. When i become a weight nazi i will get a surge tank so i can run quarter tanks

Thanks for the explanation/pic.

Pretty smooth driving mate, looks like a fast track so balls required.

What's the rubbing? tyre on guard lip? Mine did that and I had to lip them a touch.

What sort of gap is there from the your helmet to the roof and how tall are you?

I have bugger all clearance and am only 6ft, I may have to redo my seat frame.

My helmet is a couple mm from roof and I'm 6 9 ish. How it is mounted the seat sits and inch or two higher than I'd like but I need to modify the floor to drop any more. I will be doing that hopefully soon to cams specifications to save me having to redo in the future.

The bigger the balls the faster the times at lakeside. As Sam said earlier in my thread there is no point going all out straight away because you will bend the car.

That's why I'm sticking with street tyres and no aero for now just to learn how to control the car in hairy situations and just ease my way into fast times.

When I get home i will upload my first session. Coming under the bridge I lifted right at the crest of the hill causing a four wheel slide for about half a second which really scared the shit out of me. Can hardly see it on the video but it was my first of a few brown moments of the day (including the little bit of understeer onto the straight at the end of my warm up lap in the seasion i posted) but I appreciate each one and I'm a much better driver at the end of every round because of different situations I find myself in throughout the day.

This is my first car I have driven like this and I can't think of a better way to learn other then doing a few morning sessions at qr trying to drift to learn good car control.

Hmm, my setup must be retarded then.

When I got my Velo we made a frame out some RHS that the Velo mounts are bolted to and used the original tabs from the old rail. I'd say a re-design is in order to get some clearance.

I've got a camera and a mount now so will get some footage next track day out and I completely agree about track driving being excellent learning.

Sounds the same as mine. A length of square tube for rear mount and front mounted on standard area. Sits super high cant wear helmet without taking cushin out so I'm going to cut out the new mount and bolt it straight to the floor. As I said though cams rules say it needs to be mounted on a certain sized plate which should be no issues

Mine is like this. from the top down view, the black is all seat frame.

From the side view, the silver bit is the velo seat mount, the read is the seat. You can see the bottom of the seat sits below the frame height and almost touches the floor under my butt. The black notch under the seat is the chassis rail section that joins the centre tunnel and my seat is almost on top of that as it is so how do people get them lower?

I still have roof lining in mine which is a bit of space and I could use flat bar or narrow RHS to gain a few mm but ultimately that chassis section is the issue.

My height is mostly legs too so I have no idea how you fit in the car when If I bounce in my seat enough i can touch the roof with my helmet.

Seat.png

Edited by ActionDan

Here is mine here. Then the fixed racetech mounts bolt to the four threaded holes. So once I cut down those two mounts I can reinforce the floor with the correct size plate and bolt them direct to the floor pan. Should be good for 2 inches. Can probably do yours too

image.jpg

That's a smarter setup than mine, I'll have to have another go at mine I think.

I can already see a better way of doing mine just looking at yours that still works with my velo seat mounts.

Cheers

Still pretty high though. I have a 6ft mate who doesn't fit at all

5 ft lol my bad, typo

Holey shit 6 9 I'd have to have a hole in the roof lmao

No more compression lock into hungry lol. Your advice worked like a champ

5 ft lol my bad, typo

Holey shit 6 9 I'd have to have a hole in the roof lmao

Oh! That makes much more sense. I was really baffled, another mate who is 6'4 struggled so when you said 6'9 I was like 0_0

Hahaha. sorry man

Seriously just floor mount it though, lower CoG, more head room, and probably a lot more comfortable

Edited by Royzie

I was wondering how someone 6'9 would ever fit in a silvia. I'm 6'5 and my helmet basically sits on the roof the whole time with no headliner. I'm still running bottom mount seats so it is way harder to lower them as much. im in the process of removing the sliders from my bride rails so i can get another 30mm lower. You midgets have no idea how little room I have compared to you :P. Plus I have a 30kg or so weight penalty as well.

I may get the extra height without floor mounting, plus I have side mounts and the base of the seat sits below them just.

Hah, can't have them, took me a while to find a half decent wheel that was 4 stud friendly.

Just re read.. would love a heap of these but will probably end up going x9 and x10 rpf1s

Sign in to follow this