Sign in to follow this  
blck.b0i

HIIT

Hi all,

was reading up on HIIT and came up with a few questions...

first, is it better to eat before the session or after (eg morning before breakfast)?

and, instead of the normal running routine, would a stationary bike be suitable?

eat after man. theres science to it but personally i eat after due to the fact that if youre doing it right youll probably throw up or feel like it anyway

Apparently do it before because then it burns your fat stores instead of trying to have to burn off what you've recently consumed.

depends on your goals.

Dont eat before if you're after weight loss

If you're bulking or not wanting risk losing any muscle mass its best to eat a bit before, but make sure its not enough to feel sick. Before I train i have a BCAA supplement and one or two vita wheat biscuits. good complex carbs that will soak up anything else you drink, and the BCAAs will help stop you from burning any muscle mass up. Its advisable to have a powerade or something as you're doing it to keep calories coming in to burn up.

As for bike vs running. Again depends on the goals. Running is great and can use more muscles, the conditioning is probably more ideal for general fitness, but the impact can cause probs for some people. Cycling is excellent cardio, low impact and builds a lot of strengh up too. If you have specific goals you'd need to tailor your training to them. if you're just out for a bit of fitness cycling alone if perfectly fine for HIIT. But its best to mix it up a bit