cuttz

cuttz mx83 cressida yes 3 year build almost done. With 1uz r154 goodness

now rebuilt head shaved and ported and polished

2012-04-03 16.27.46.jpg

heads ported.jpg

valve train still needs work fek there dirty

valve train.jpg

anyone know anybody that regrinds cams that maybe an option

Looking good, how did you clean the block up so nice? How bad are the cams?

once i had all the parts apart i put them all in the parts washer at work. i had to put the pistons on the wire wheel to clean them up

as for the block shit loads of brake clean and elbow grease. on the deck i had to use my drill with a wire wheel to clean the surface then finished it with a 3m scotch bright pad. The cylinders i just used a honing tool in my drill witch you have to do anyways to help the piston rings bed in

of course i used paint to make it look all shiny an perdy

oh nothing wrong with the cams just thought if i can get more powa on the cheap then maybe

Edited by cuttz

oh nothing wrong with the cams just thought if i can get more powa on the cheap then maybe

Yep, understood. I just want to get all the oil and gunk off my 2jz block. I got a 2 car garage with about half a cars worth of space, few cans of degreaser, wax/grease remover and an assortment of different bathroom brushes... Oh and a few old towels :lol:

I make do

Edited by Rifleman

man i have a 1 car with no space at all i feel ya pain there lol

be careful what you use on alloy though if there is carbon build up in the bowls of the head use a peace of hard wood or something to scrap that off first

buy brake clean its your friend work just like contact cleaner and leaves no residue

Edited by cuttz

Oh and a few old towels laugh.png

wont these be to hard for the job lmao

Oh and a few old towels laugh.png

wont these be to hard for the job lmao

Won't be opening it up, just a clean up like down between the rocker covers, sides of the block, just above the oil pan and behind the balancer just to remove the gunk. Also found out that the guy swapped over the sump from front to rear but didn't gasket them up so that's another thing I have to remember.

if your not opening it cover all the holes use degreaser let it soak and hit with a pressure washer

Well heads back together ill install in onto the block tonight

knew the rebuild was going to smoothly

lost the locating dowel pin for the intake cam wheel

be f^&ked if i can find it anywhere

going to see a man about a dog now to get over it

Edited by cuttz

Need a spare 7m? Got mine out the other weekend. Just let me raid it for bolts first :lol:

Edited by Rifleman

na its all good bro found one thank fek

engine is all back together im just about to bolt the box back up and drop in

should have it back up and running next weekend i hope (touch wood)

im still waiting for my damm extractors to arive as well they better be hear monday or ill cry

ready to be hooked up to the box and dropped back in

fresh engine ready.jpg

freah engine ready 2.jpg

1 car garage FTL

1 car garage ftl.jpg

pulled my finger out and got the motor back in yesterday

just little shit now to do now and ill kick it in the guts

I'm so close to turning the key on this thing.....

my new ASI rad is hear all i have to do is mount Au thermos to it and find somewhere that has the correct thread size fitting for the tranny cooler

then fit all my new heater hoses fill the auto and power steering up with fluid and i can kick it in the guts

Quick question to any mx83 owner with the new Au thermos can i just use the plug that the small std fan uses or is that more for the air con

im talking about the small fan next to the clutch fan that is

just my king luck went to turn it over and before i could do anything the engine check light was on so went strait to the ecu and found this shit

blown ecu.jpg

blown ecu 2.jpg

wtf anyone have an ecu for sale

ive herd of Toyota ecu's doing this but it was find before rebuild arrrr fml

just my king luck went to turn it over and before i could do anything the engine check light was on so went strait to the ecu and found this shit

blown ecu.jpg

blown ecu 2.jpg

I can swap you of you like, I want to gut the case so I can mount my jza80 ECU to it so it bolts up to the normal position. Where you located?

my new ASI rad is hear all i have to do is mount Au thermos to it and find somewhere that has the correct thread size fitting for the tranny cooler

then fit all my new heater hoses fill the auto and power steering up with fluid and i can kick it in the guts

Quick question to any mx83 owner with the new Au thermos can i just use the plug that the small std fan uses or is that more for the air con

Not an MX83, but I ran new wires on my MA70, also 7MGE. AU thermos draw around 30A, so I wouldn't trust the AC fan loom.

You'll also find that early 90s Camry temperature switches fit nicely in the plugged thermostat housing hole, and they're the type that goes open-circuit, which is the safest bet. If you want individual control of the fans, just ditch the emissions vacuum thing on the other thermostat housing port.

Funny how your cleaning process was exactly the same as mine; degrease and pressure clean block, wire wheel piston heads, dump the rest of the sh*t in a parts cleaner. Lol.

blown ecu.jpg

blown ecu 2.jpg

I can swap you of you like, I want to gut the case so I can mount my jza80 ECU to it so it bolts up to the normal position. Where you located?

located in bendigo vic bro i just bought one of evil bay but if ya want it pm me your detail ill still give it to ya

Not an MX83, but I ran new wires on my MA70, also 7MGE. AU thermos draw around 30A, so I wouldn't trust the AC fan loom.

You'll also find that early 90s Camry temperature switches fit nicely in the plugged thermostat housing hole, and they're the type that goes open-circuit, which is the safest bet. If you want individual control of the fans, just ditch the emissions vacuum thing on the other thermostat housing port.

Funny how your cleaning process was exactly the same as mine; degrease and pressure clean block, wire wheel piston heads, dump the rest of the sh*t in a parts cleaner. Lol.

thanks for that info mate now i know to just rewire it

so your saying i can use a Camry temp switch to have it act as a Thermos instead of just a fan is that correct?

is the temp switch from a

5S-FE

once my ecu shows up and i mount the new tranny cooler the rebuild is complete

finished rebuild.jpg

finished rebuild 2.jpg

finished rebuild 3.jpg

my new rad was to thick to use the Au thermos so had to use the std equipment witch doesn't worry me ATM

so if any body wants a brand new set of Au thermos $100 plus postage and there yours

i still have to do my exhaust i am going to put a 2.5 mandrel bent system on it so i can use it later on as well

im thinking ill put a safc2 in her as well and get a tune to be safe

ok the tranny cooler has been installed

filled everything up with oil and fluids now i await the stupid ecu

i think the total rebuild cost ended up close to $1000 bucks witch isnt to bad considering i spent $400 on the head alone

the hoses and clamps and oils where the other most expencive things beleave it or not but im happy with the out come

lets just hope it starts and runs sweet if it does ill drive it down to get her a new zorst :thumb:

not wrong there ive scored a wicked job over in WA start next week

$120000 a year you'll see a very nice 2JZ in her soon enough

well im going to cry got my new ecu today and bam fried in the exact same spot as the last one

i don't even have time to make it in the cab as soon as i hook up the terminals it goes pop wtf

any auto elecs out there

heard on the grape vine this is gonna rock some sick wheels soon......