cuttz

cuttz mx83 cressida yes 3 year build almost done. With 1uz r154 goodness

new wheels.jpg

hey all been meaning to do a thread on hear for a while now so my 1992 cressida grande im building

bought it about a year ago bog stock grampa style from Melbs and bought it back to Bendigo and pretty much started the mods strait away

plain was that i wanted to build something tuff from the ground up and do a full conversion all myself witch would include an engine transplant and manual conversion

seen as I haven't done ether i was keen to do the cressy

i have owned copious amounts of high powered Nissan's but now wanted the Toyota reliably and cool factor

i was planing to go 2jz but there a few around and in process atm and even though ive sen a few with the 1 uz haven't seen f all with boost running through it so that's the path im taking

so i just bought a 1 uz and its getting removed from the half cut as we speak

so far I have imported some work euroline 18 rims for her but now want to go 16 or 17 so there up for sale as i want the hella flush look as well

i also cut the std struts and welded in some br bc coilovers all-round witch included upgraded sway bar links

to keep my roll center in check and to piss of bump steer i installed some techno toy tuning rca's

to help me stop i had some alloy hub rings made to fit dba slotted ba falcon 298mm rotors and Nissan r33 gtst skyline 4 pot calipers (made a huge differance)

also bought a brand new Nardi sports type a 360 to get rid of my old torn item

sorry for the soon to be pic loading all at once but ill post up how i welded the coilovers in seen as im a boilermaker this wasn't hard for me but i suggest getting a qualified welder to do this and saying that please use my pics and any info i have given as a guide only

righto is how i first got it it really was in mint condition i looked for aged making sure one had all the door gaps right and over condition was spot on

it had a few km but it was to clean to pass up it even still hd all the std stickers and they where like new so it was always garaged

DSCF2189.JPG

DSCF2194.JPG

DSCF2193.JPG

DSCF2199.JPG

Edited by cuttz

then i started buying heaps of shit these are my new br bc coilovers

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0019.JPG

the new sway bar links that come in the coilover kit

DSCF0017.JPG

DSCF0018.JPG

these are the rca im using, there good solid 1 peace design and come with all high tensile bolts

DSCF0036.JPG

DSCF0043.JPG

this is the bottom of the front coilover

you will need to weld this to the bottom of the std strut so for a back up im doing a roset weld hear! basically drill a 12mm hole both sides of the bottom coilover tube so you can fill full of weld

DSCF0016.JPG

these are my r 33 gtst calipers, i used a 5" flap disk to remove the nissan logo from the face

DSCF0021.JPG

DSCF0023.JPG

these are my new dba ba falcon rotors

these are sooooo much bigger and thicker than std and i can see how the make the differences they do

this pics has the hub rings i had made in the center

new hub rings installed 2.JPG

new hub rings installed.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

righto its business time

use this as a guide only and make sure you pre heat the cast steel on the strut to around the 180deg mark and make sure you cleen the living f@#k out of it on a wire wheel ok

start strut removal.jpg

remove the caliper and the rotor (crc or 5.56 is your friend)

removed caliper and rotor.jpg

remove the dust cover to expose the hub nut use a flat head strew driver to lift the locking tab up and undo the nut (make sure you do this back with torque wrench! mine felt good at 96 nm)

remove dust cover.jpg

then the hub and wheel bearing should just slide off i suggest you inspect the wheel bearing at this stage as well

removed hub.jpg

this is the abs sencor this has to remain so look after it when your removing it

removed abs sencor.jpg

undo the brake and abs lines from the side of the strut

undo break and abs lies.jpg

this is the old long sway bar link throw this in the bin as this mounts from sway bar to strut tube and the new one replace this shit setup

old swaybar link.jpg

this is the new sway bar link and the rubber mount fit snug into the holes that are already pressed into the a arm (also torque this up to spec)

new sway bay link.jpg

while the stone guards are off im cutting them down to fit the brake upgrade later on

cut and std stone guard.jpg

this is the bottom of the std strut notice ive left 50mm of the std strut tube on as this will locate the coilovers

best way to do this is to get some 50mm masking tape and rap around the tube and cut along the edge of the tape with a cutting disk

cut cleaned and prepsed hubs.jpg

this is how clean the knuckle must be before any pre heat and welding

cut cleaned and prepsed hubs 2.jpg

drill the roset holes i spoke about earlier

drill roset weld holes.jpg

time to pre heat and weld don't pre heat the tube just the cast steel. i used a 3 phase 350 mig with .9 wire

DSCF0060.JPG

note after you finish welding keep heating lightly with the oxy torch to slow the cooling process or place in a bucket of sand

then cleen up and paint black to stop rust

now its time to place the rca in place

DSCF0058.JPG

install the coilover in the car and torque the rca up spec

DSCF0062.JPG

now put it all back together and repeat for the other side

DSCF0063.JPG

to do the rears you have to remove the rear seat and parcel shelve but apart from that 4 bolts and there in

i then put some stock r33 rims i have on

and this is the base high so can go much lower

new ride height.JPG

new ride height 2.JPG

then removed the gay mud flaps

no mud flaps 2.JPG

time to do the brakes and install new wheels

this is the size diferance between rotors

IMG_0815.JPG

easy as 123 just unbolt the caliper and pull the rotor off and put the new ones on

i first painted the calipers with high temp caliper paint to make em look sexy

IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0818.JPG

then fitted my work euroline rims i imported with new falken and now looks like this untill i buy smaller ones and roll the gaurds im not going lower but it will happen

these are for sale if anybody is intereted

new wheels are finaly on 21-5-2011.JPG

ok now to replace my foo barr s/wheel i bought this!! brand new nardi sports type a 360 from italy

please dont ask how much as it almost mad me cry but wanted this type and diameter(360) so bad as i like having a bigger wheel as you get better feel and control

mmmm succulent

new nardi 2.JPG

new nardi.JPG

back of horn.JPG

now the horn button reqiures a hurn retainer witch was a king pain in the arse to find one but got one from the states for like 40 posted

as the horn need the genuine nardi or works bell boss kit to locate it $$$ stuff that i said and bought a ebay special boss kit and said horn retainer to make suit

now its all fitted and looks prime in its new cockpit

new nardi finaly on.jpg

Looking good mate, Keen to see the progress on this. And good to see another person from Bendigo!

got bored at work one day and had some 3" zorst laying around so i started to make a set of dift pipes for when the new engine goes in

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

drift pipes 1.jpg

drift pipes 4.jpg

drift pipes 2.jpg

im going to paint the whole zorst black when i make the rest of it whethe 1 uz goes in

drift pipes finished.jpg

now im just waiting on my engine to be ready for the next stage and now the gear box hunt begins

so that about all for now sorry for the epic flurry of pics all at once

as for the boosted part im still undecided as to go the m90 Eaton supercharger with twin throttle body's ( witch is in favor ATM)

or ill make some steam pipe manifolds and go twin 2871 r but leaning towards the supercharger ATM as i like the whole 800plus NM of torque side of things at the ready

but now i can post updates when im ready so yeah let me know what ya think cheers

Mate iv never liked these things but this is changing my mind :) some good quality mods mate i look forward to seeing how this turns out

thanks for the coments guys cant wait for the engine to be hear then i can strip it down for ome work yo

Nice bud, all most identical to my mx83 but got a GLX without abs and I'm going 1jz

IMG_03771.JPG

Nice bud, all most identical to my mx83 but got a GLX without abs and I'm going 1jz

nice one mate can't wait to go down to 17 so I can fit some tires and mould my gaurs around em for more lowness

nice one mate can't wait to go down to 17 so I can fit some tires and mould my gaurs around em for more lowness

Those wheels I'm running are

Front 18x8.5 +45 with a 225/45

Rear 18x9.5 +45 with a 245/40

There is about 3mm between the strut and rim on the front with no guard modification. You will need a lower offset to clear the Coilovers if you want to run similar size but I wouldn't go any wider. Rear only needed the guards lipped as there is plenty of space. It could easily run a 10" wide rim but the crap offset doesn't give you much choice in rims. These things arnt like silvias, you can't even get anywhere near a low offset without major guard work (or run a 6" or 7" rim lol)

Nice, will be watching this. 17x9 +30 is pretty much perfect on a cressida...

Nice, will be watching this. 17x9 +30 is pretty much perfect on a cressida...

yep im trying to sell mine to buy some r33 gtr rims or buddy clubs with even bigger offset

update on the 1uz is ready for me to pick it up on the weekend he he

already got a quote on head porting ruffly $1000 to port and polish the 2 head if i strip em down not to bad imo

also thinking about stripping the whole motor down and balancing the crank and changing bearings and maybe set of rods and piston

ill see as i just got another quote for the cams and there worth 1600 to 1800 king almost feel over when i got that one

Guy on toyotacressida was talking about doing regrinds, think it was a bit cheaper than that too...

Hey bud, where did you get the Nardi from? I'm after a 350mm Deep Dish one (dam my long legs!) and what model boss kit did you use? (MX83, AE86, Ect...)

Hey bud, where did you get the Nardi from? I'm after a 350mm Deep Dish one (dam my long legs!) and what model boss kit did you use? (MX83, AE86, Ect...)

hey man I bought my nardi brand new from a web site called thetunnergroup.com.au

it cost about about $430 for memory

they buy direct from nardi Italy so they get a good price

deep corns are cheeper as they sell more of them but I perfer the sports type a witch is mine

as for the boss kit eBay brother 50 it's a mx83 one but fits a few Toyotas

if you buy a genuine nardi you will need the horn retainer I'll try and find the place in USA where I got it and post it for ya there about 45 posted I think

expencive exercise to fit a nardi to these but stuff it

On a more exciting note my new 1uz is in the shed hurray

soon as the camra charges I'll load some pics up

anyone know where to find a wiring diagram cause dam there some wires and sencors on these things

is anyone else having trouble with the pic loader cause its anal at me for some reson

hey man I bought my nardi brand new from a web site called thetunnergroup.com.au

it cost about about $430 for memory

they buy direct from nardi Italy so they get a good price

deep corns are cheeper as they sell more of them but I perfer the sports type a witch is mine

as for the boss kit eBay brother 50 it's a mx83 one but fits a few Toyotas

if you buy a genuine nardi you will need the horn retainer I'll try and find the place in USA where I got it and post it for ya there about 45 posted I think

expencive exercise to fit a nardi to these but stuff it

Yeah, thanks alot mate! Cant go past the Nardi quality and look. I been sussing out places selling legit Nardis and came across www.tunersgroup.com before. Its good to know there legit

and pic uploader is always gay... reload the page a few times and try again.

Nice choice on the 1uz, You seen the missile motorsport Cressida?

and hear is wher to find the nardi retainer ring www.crowderscustomizing.com