Sign in to follow this  
Aice

Jack3d

Hey guys,

I have been working out pretty heavily for about a year now and have begun to plateau. I've only ever taken protein supps and nothing else and numerous people around the gym have recommended i start taking pre work out supps.

They recomended Jack3d:

http://www.cartelnutrition.com/products/98-usp-labs-jack3d-grape-bubblegum.aspx

I've never tried anything like this before and although $50 aint much anyone have any advice if its any good or worth it???

Cheers

Ace

Definitely worth it, you'll notice a massive difference. If you register on bodybuilding.com, you get em cheaper, something like $30 if you get 3 or more if your mates are willing to try it. Take no more than 1.5 scoops is my advice, and also try not to take it too late into the night otherwise you won't sleep, it's that potent.

You do realise that program and diet adjustment or deloading is cheaper than bullshit pre-workout sups...:thumbsup:

Edited by El Freako

Yeah begun to plateau as in havent been going up in weights much lately, and its not just one exercise either its kinda in general

No supps on the planet will help you advance past your plateau if your routine isn't working anymore. Ignore those people in the gym and don't throw your cash away on that stuff.

Be mindful of if you may be over-training...it's the most common reason for poor results and minimal gains.

What's your routine like?

I do just upper body with squats (i run/ride everyday and cant do weight training on legs otherwise i cant run/ride)

mainly do the same sort of exercises dumbell bench, incline dumbell bench, fly's, cable cross overs, tricep push downs, over head cable tricep pulls, dumbbell curls, curls bar, drop sets preacher, shoulder press, shoulder raises, shrugs

i'm normally sore for 3-4 days after each session....

Maybe you probably just need a week off. I normally do a 8week program then take an entire week off. Normally by the 8week period my body adapts to the exercises and i change it again after giving the body a rest.

In regards to Jack3d, i take it when im buggered, really does give you a massive boost but like i said but i noticed after a month it started to wear off. Got off it and noticed i was lifting more so now just use it when im down on energy.

And more specifically, why did you join a car forum to ask these questions?

ahhh ok, sounds like it might be worth giving it a shot and see if it helps when i'm tired/drained

i read posts on here all the time car/nutrition stuff just never needed to post until now

No such thing as over training, just under eating ;).

I sincerely hope you're trolling for teh lulz...otherwise that's some f*cked up theory you got going on there.

Dude, Bill Kazmaier just read your program then shot himself in the head to end the suffering it caused. All chest, bis and tris makes Aice a puny boy.

Google the PTC beginner program, do it, get back to us.

Overtraining exists but few people will ever train hard enough to suffer from it.

So basic tips...

1/Your routine is shit, do the PTC beginner program.

2/Eat more.

3/Don't waste money on bullshit supps.

...i also do lats, deads, squats etc etc....didnt think it was necessary to list absolutely everything

doing this regularly nearly doubled all my lifts in a year...i dont think thats too shabby

Bench 40-75

Deads 55-105

Seated Row 50-85

Dumb bell curls 12-17.5/20

You're a beginner, doing anything regularly will double your lifts. Read the recently posted Rippetoe article for the honest truth.

Just do a structured basic program, either full-body 3x a week (recommended) or upper/lower 4x a week. Don't use I run/ride/skip/hop/jump/whatever excuse you can think of, to avoid giving your lower body equal or more attention than your upper. Your body will adjust and you will be stronger for it. Being a pussy causes you to always be a pussy.

you can do a hard set of squats then run 10km the next morning and ride 50km the day after at the same pace??

guess i just aint that awesome....

what's your goals buddy? get bigger or lean out and shred?

if you want to get bigger carb load like a motherlover and ditch the cardio!

as for jack3d, that shit works for me, I know everybodys different. when I was taking preworkout, I tend to mix it up like I'll take jack3d for awhile then move to noshotgun, then back to jack3d, so my body doesn't get used to one supp

I sincerely hope you're trolling for teh lulz...otherwise that's some f*cked up theory you got going on there.

I squatted pulled and pressed 6 days a week for 4 months, all heavy, i ate 6-10,000 calories per day, and i didn't get injured, put close to 250kg on my total and gained 15kg.

Many people have also done the same.

This is not a debate, this is a biological fact...micro-tears in muscle fibres do not rebuild and regenerate within a day. Hence you're just re-tearing unhealed fibres and setting yourself up for a major tear.

4 months is just a drop in the ocean, I'd be interested to see your 6 days a week routine still going strong in a years time.

Edited by ragoul?

I squatted pulled and pressed 6 days a week for 4 months, all heavy, i ate 6-10,000 calories per day, and i didn't get injured, put close to 250kg on my total and gained 15kg.

This is not a debate, this is a biological fact...micro-tears in muscle fibres do not rebuild and regenerate within a day. Hence you're just re-tearing unhealed fibres and setting yourself up for a major tear.

4 months is just a drop in the ocean, I'd be interested to see your 6 days a week routine still going strong in a years time.

Tell that to Olympic lifters who train 3 times a day, 6 days a week, all year round.

Muscles can recover quite quickly if you eat enough and train smartly. It's the CNS which i would be worried about, but once again you have people like John Broz or the Bulgarians who prove that theory wrong too.

I've seen the program and it is pretty full on.

And you would be stupid but to use it as a normal program. It would be used to shock the system and bulk like crazy. Then go back to a normal routine.

you can do a hard set of squats then run 10km the next morning and ride 50km the day after at the same pace??

guess i just aint that awesome....

Mate, I can barely even run up my driveway so don't get me started.

So you're a triathlete? That's definitely down the extreme end of "other activities" so maybe its little wonder you've plateaued. Your body probably doesn't get the recovery time it needs and you could very likely not be eating enough. All the more reason to do the program I suggested. You'll waste less precious energy on bullshit exercises (eg. 3 different curling exercises) and probably recover and build strength more easily. I stand by the squats though, they'll f**k you to start with but you'll come good in the end.

i doubt this product is going to help you with a plateau, as seems designed mainly to give a false sense of energy through large quantity of caffeine. so unless your lack of gains is stemmed from lack of effort in the gym then i wouldnt bother with it.

Tell that to Olympic lifters who train 3 times a day, 6 days a week, all year round.

Muscles can recover quite quickly if you eat enough and train smartly. It's the CNS which i would be worried about, but once again you have people like John Broz or the Bulgarians who prove that theory wrong too.

...and they blow out their knees, shoulders, backs and necks to be the strongest people on the planet. Those guys literally live and breathe it and are willing to pay the price with their flesh for their shot at winning Olympic gold for their country.

Their careers are short and what's left of them afterwards is a decade away from being half crippled from countless corrective surgeries.

Don't just try and prove me wrong because you're bored or whatever. You're input is misleading, and dangerous to anyone who takes it.

Recovery time is absolutely crucial to training efficiently and avoiding permanent injury.

you ate 6-10,000 calories per day hey

have you got a pics of your body

if supps are for pussies what are steriods and growth hormone then

and is ronnie coleman a pussie?

far too many heroes in here that should've left with the rest of the PTC crowd...

far too many heroes in here that should've left with the rest of the PTC crowd...

Eh? The PTC crowd?

i just wanna see what someone that ate 10,000 calories a day looks like

Bench 40-75

Deads 55-105

Seated Row 50-85

Dumb bell curls 12-17.5/20

over 1 year those gains arent very good. how much do u weigh? for a beginner i have seen guys double their lifts in 4-5 months. eat more and change ur program and really give it 100%.

if u really want to take pre-workout supps then have a look at Mesomorph by APS $47 delivered on ebay. its way better than jack3d and i've tried both just to see what all the fuss was about.