Sign in to follow this  
Modified

Defected Notice

Hey all,

I got defected the other evening, and I'm pretty sure my Defect notice is incorrectly filled out.. Couple of examples:

Type of inspection - marked Audit, not Random, even though I was randomly pulled into an RBT

No sticker given, although Type of Label Issued is marked as Yellow, and Label Number has been marked as Nil Available

defect marked as minor, but Full Inspection must be carried out.

What is marked (the tick boxes that say to lights, oil/petrol leaks arent ticked on my defect notice) on my notice is different in the police system (its marked in the system that fix Oil/Petrol leaks is ticked).

I've been to the RTA (in Macquarie Centre and rang teir Technical Helpline - dude on the phone said alot of Police Defect Notices were hard to decipher). I've also rung a HWP Station (Gordon) and got no where there. The HWP Officer said it doesn't matter what they select, its still a defect notice. To me, that doesn't sound right. It's a government department, there is always a correct way to do paperwork..

What I'm wondering, and trying to find out, who/where do you go to find out if it has been filled in incorrectly?

If we can avoid the 'just man up and clear it' comments, that would be handy. I am aware you have to pay to play, but this sort of info would save a lot of people hassle, and would be a good first step to getting the defect system made clearer to modifiers.

Cheers,

Toby

Edited by Modified

The HWP Officer said it doesn't matter what they select, its still a defect notice.

this

i've had 2 of 3 defect notices filled out incorrectly.

doent make a difference

does it have the same REGO plate numbers as your car on your defect notice? if you answer yes to this it doesnt matter suck it up and clear the defect.

In refence to incorrect info i got booked for parking in a no-zone in my green sedan I called up and complained saying im not gonna pay it since some idiot was a lazy piece of shit and cant tell the different between black-green and sedan-coupe they answer to me was it doesnt matter they will still charge you after all their after our money and they dont care if they fill out defects/fine incorrect as long as they get pur money.

Got defected for my exhaust once for to loud etc.Was written down with a number of other defects also.I rang up the DECC and said how can it be known to be a defect if it hasn't been tested/proven to be a defect? If it was tested at a defect/DECC station,then it'll be "known" to be a defect.Not written down as one "suspecting" to be a defect, theres a difference.This was not clear and after faxing a copy of the defect papers to the DECC at their requst,they agreed that it cannot be written down as a defect until tested and then subsequently told it was one.They can send you to the DECC to get it tested,and the DECC can give you a defect notice depending on their results,but it cannot be written down as a defect itself without backup testing. All the other 9 defects were defects and easily cleared.That was the only one i was worried about not the others. :ph34r: Not sure if this helps

It does a little. The problem is, NSW cops generally don't bother testing anything, they just look and go 'non-standard, defect'.

But having found some of the ADR's, some mods are clearly not defectable.

I'm trying to find the actual training/process that police are meant to follow for defects, because in NSW I do t think they are following it. Every cop says something different.

It does a little. The problem is, NSW cops generally don't bother testing anything, they just look and go 'non-standard, defect'.

But having found some of the ADR's, some mods are clearly not defectable.

I'm trying to find the actual training/process that police are meant to follow for defects, because in NSW I do t think they are following it. Every cop says something different.

good luck with that mate best bet is that a member by the name of "4Teecl" or along those lines forget to spell his username opens up this thread and answers your questions his very knowledgeable about the law process in australia. Or become best friends with a HWY patrol and ask them other than that your in a dead end