Sign in to follow this  
Spazo

Diet not working too well

End thread ... You lost

lol you got you 100 posts so you can stop trolling through fitness thread and double/triple posting

sorry was legitimately trying to help. wont try again

was on iphone sorry for triple posting

Leaning up is easy once you find the formula that works for you. I was 112 kg and stRted leaning out in 4 months have dropped 14 kg with no muscle loss only fat. All my lifts have risen so power to weight has increased. And my key was the obvious one kill the carbs and smaller meals. The only carbs i will have are bread from my sandwich at lunch and the rest is shitloads of greens and protein. I never feel hungry or shit and consdering im training heavy weights 6 times a week with 3-4 cardio sessions a week if anyone was going to suffer from the low carb side effects it would be me. As said above they are essential if you replace them correctly.

Annother thing to note you dont want to be dropping more than .5 to 1 kg a week since over that means you will lose some muscle aswell but if its under a kilo your losing only the fat.

Crisis mode , starvation is regulated more by calorie deprivation then by macronutrient ratios. More opinion from you, never said carbs were bad I said there nit exactly essential which if you do the research they aren't , before the discovery of grains early human lived mainly of plant life and fatty meat , they were stronger, leaner and still developed without them

...also lions and tigers eat mainly meat and little carbs...that's why they sleep 20 hours per day...because they have no f*cking energy.

Clearly your lack of carb intake is affecting your brains' ability to function on par with everyone else...just cram a sammich innit and smarten up.

Not sure why this thread got bumped but thanks..

Just realized how ignorant I sounded with asleep's suggestion :lol:

I just meant it didn't have my exact sorta goal but I've had a bit of a read around that site and it's reconfirmed a few things I've heard/read elsewhere and I'm sort of on track now. I hope that carbs to insulin thing is true 'cos I get a post workout hamburger + chips on tight arse tuesday (not late at night or anything) and it's somewhat justified, probably not though :lol:.

I'm eating a bit less and not really eating breakfast until about 10am somedays 'cos I just don't feel as hungry in general lately. I've been doing a can of tuna mid morning and chicken + veges broken up over lunch to late afternoon and am now down to ~81kg. Not 100% sure what proportion of that loss is muscle/fat but I think I look better. I had the flu for a bit over a week and ate mostly soup so I think that probably helped alot too. Gpr, I was 16% bodyfat using the electonic hand held one but 19% with the calipers so you're right - I was a bit out but I was just going off shitty equipment lol. This was when I was around 83kg so hopefully that figure has dropped since then.

Btw, the only milk I drink is in my coffee, and I get 2 large coffee's a day. I love my coffee so I'm not too keen on dropping this but can anyone tell me what coffee's like when it comes to weight loss? I was thinking the caffeine would speed up the metabolism so it's a bit of a catch 22..

Crisis mode , starvation is regulated more by calorie deprivation then by macronutrient ratios. More opinion from you, never said carbs were bad I said there nit exactly essential which if you do the research they aren't , before the discovery of grains early human lived mainly of plant life and fatty meat , they were stronger, leaner and still developed without them

...also lions and tigers eat mainly meat and little carbs...that's why they sleep 20 hours per day...because they have no f*cking energy.

Clearly your lack of carb intake is affecting your brains' ability to function on par with everyone else...just cram a sammich innit and smarten up.

That argument is RETARDED! They're f**king CATS!

Compare apples with apples.

What gpr180sx is saying is correct. Although it may not be everyone, or you may not function the best mentally, carbs are the only macronutrient that is not essential to the body.

I don't believe he ever said you should eat no carbs. I believe he just said that low carb diets work and are NOT dangerous.

Generally for keto diets once you cut carbs you need to really up your fat intake. It's not just a matter of cutting carbs.

If this retarded-ness continues I'll lock this thread.

That argument is RETARDED! They're f**king CATS!

Compare apples with apples.

What gpr180sx is saying is correct. Although it may not be everyone, or you may not function the best mentally, carbs are the only macronutrient that is not essential to the body.

I don't believe he ever said you should eat no carbs. I believe he just said that low carb diets work and are NOT dangerous.

Generally for keto diets once you cut carbs you need to really up your fat intake. It's not just a matter of cutting carbs.

If this retarded-ness continues I'll lock this thread.

The feline/human analogy is apt...deal with it matey.

And just so you know, low carb diets are indeed dangerous.

It's increasing your intake of fat and protein...that's increasing saturated fats = hardening of the liver and heart disease.

Increased meat consumption = digestion strain, seriously increased risk of bowel cancer/intestinal bleeding and constipation.

And just as a general rule, you will have to almost completely cut fibre from your diet to reduce carb intake, that too adds to overall digestion issues.

If anyone here wants that risk for the gain, great...go for it. But don't f*cking flame me for advising people on how to lose weight in a safe, logical way.

I wasn't going to lock this thread because of the different views to mine. I was going to lock this thread because I could see that this thread was going to get out of hand (i.e. people calling each other idiots and dumbasses). I was always happy to keep it open for debate if it doesn't get out of control.

Simple solution, get all of your carbs from sources like veggies. That way you'll get your fibre and nutrients as well. Plus - for those that feel hungry, it will fill you, as you can pretty much just eat as much as you want....

I'm going to the gym pretty often and trying to eat well but the results I'm getting are a little slow, I think I might just be sort of maintaining (definitely not going backwards). I'm not expecting things to happen overnight and I am capable of committing to something but I feel like I need to read up on dieting/what to eat if anyone can recommend me a link/book that I can buy. From what I see on this forum if you want to drop weight then you avoid carbs and stick to protein rich stuff? As well as breaking your meals up (eating smaller portions more often). Would the atkins diet work with someone that hits the gym 3-4 nights a week?

According to one of those handheld thingies (not very accurate apparently) I'm 16% bodyfat, want to drop down to about 10% bodyfat.

Hey bro, its pretty easy to do what you want but you just have to avoid the broscience.

First if you understand your body you can really do anything bulk/ripped. Your body is all science.

What are your details eg age, weight, height?

What are you goals?

What do you want from training?

What I say to everybody is you have to put in the effort in the kitchen as much as you do in the gym.

16% BF isn't that bad you can def lose BF easierly if you just know what you're doing. Dieting is the key honestly, i can lose weight without doing cardio very simple. There is no perfect diet.

But generally speaking you should aim for something like 40% Carbs 40% Protein and 20% fats

If you want to bulk you'll be on a calorie surplus or cutting calorie deficit

From what I'm experiencing I agree totally, it's more about diet than it is about exercising. I exercise lots and I'm pretty active all day too but a couple of things that I'm eating might be balancing out all the effort I put in. I eat smaller portions, more often. I aim to have carbs (rice/bread/potato) with only 1 of my meals each day but as it happens carbs are pretty hard to avoid if you're buying most of your food.

Turning 27

81kg

180cm

As I said the goal is solely to lose fat, I don't want to lose/gain muscle, I like where I am in that respect.