Sign in to follow this  
Pervy

Heysen Tunnel hoons impounded

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/five-heysen-tunnel-racers-lose-their-nissan-skylines/story-e6frea83-1226084208213

impound-ref_648x365_2030796121-hero.jpg

A PACK of five Nissan Skyline drivers have had their cars impounded and have been reported for driving offences following a six-car high-speed drag race through the Heysen Tunnels.

Police allege that just after midnight on Saturday, May 21, six Nissan Skylines raced at speeds up to 143km/h in the 90km/h-zone downtrack of the tunnels on the South Eastern Freeway.

The pack were busted following a tip off of YouTube footage of the race filmed by a passenger in one of the cars, and examination of vision from Department of Transport cameras in the tunnels.

Vision shows the six cars racing in two lines of three through the tunnels.

Police have been able to identify five of the six cars and their drivers, with a light-coloured Nissan Skyline the only one outstanding.

its funny because i saw one of the dudes on sunday who was in the video and he hasn't heard anything about it :lol:

should be fined for putting those rims on that otherwise perfect GTR

Only got caught because of the media beatup about it all. Fkn lame really.

should be fined for putting those rims on that otherwise perfect GTR

post of they year.. why would someone do that.. i dont even recognise those terrible looking rims.. R34 GTR rims ftw..

so anymore than 3 skylines in a group is called a pack?

They only got caught cos' they posted it up on youtube, had that not happened they would still have their cars.

They only got caught cos' they posted it up on youtube, had that not happened they would still have their cars.

I think this is what EVERYONE needs to think about when making the decision to do something silly in their car is that

potentially anyone can see it, film it and upload it to the internet.

How long until this moron gets pinged?

Terrible video, but considering its a rare car and you can tell he's absolutely flying.....

But yeah, considering the skyline ones were doing the wrong thing. They brought it on themselves (by the video that is). As usual for imports and everything else, wankers ruin it for the rest of us

Ferrari wont get investigated, not an Asian import.

As for posting it on youtube...yeah, that was foolish.

Up to 143kph? Very precise guess from a f**kibg video

Up to 143kph? Very precise guess from a f**kibg video

I was thinking about this too until i saw the video. the whole 'not less than 143' thing means 143 would be the absolute lowest possible speed they would be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt. anything 135 in a 90 or over is enough for them to charge dangerous speed though.

I imagine It would basically be the distance of the tunnel / time. The first report on the news worked out the average speed to be 160km/h and they covered the whole heysen tunnel in 11 seconds (it works out to 163km/h average to do 500m in 11 secs) Considering they accelerate from a 'seemingly' normal speed at the start of the tunnel and pop out 11-12 seconds later AVERAGING 160, I think theyre lucky its only being pushed at 143. (my guess would be top speed of close to 200 for the lead car). Apparently they have the footage from the cameras in the tunnels too so the drivers are pretty stuffed on the whole speed thing.

At first i thought it was a bit of a media beat up (well... it still is) but after i saw the vid its pretty obvious they were racing and had to overtake another motorist during the race. I agree 100% we need a drag strip or something in the state so people can get it out of their systems but on a public road, overtaking inoccent road users at that speed isnt cool. Just a shame the morons do it in imports

Yeah 143 isn't really that quick, really its a slight squeeze of the throttle especially on the downhill.... The real speed would have had to have been way higher

^

Probably would be misuse of a motor vehicle by "engaging in a race or speed trial" and they'd get stung with a speed too. Anything 45ks+ over can be charged with excessive speed OR Dangerous speed (pretty similar, but given theres another car on the road they'll prob go speed dangerous)

anything under 45km/h over would probably be a normal speeding offence

Probably...

Isn't anything over 45km/h in set speed zone instant loss of license..

what a pack a fukn retards seriously.... more unwanted attention

my dad rang me to ask if the blue one was my car

ffs, i have a s14

Yep.

Yep.

It really depends on the Cop who deals with you, I myself did 45km+ over the speed limit ( yes its very stupid and now i gotta pay for my stupidty) I got impounded and said i shall recieve a summons in a few week. half a year later $1500 down and p's for 3 years + no turbo untill full licence

Lost my licence for doing over 45 and getting done by radar so...

Lucky for me I got off. But anyways

45km+ over is either an instant loss of licence and an on the spot fine or a court appearance for a larger pineapple. depends on the circumstances...

cop said i was doing 160 in a 60 zone.

arrested me

didnt take my licence

then got compensation for false arrest :)

Ive been done doing 130 in an 80km/h zone... cop lied and said I was only doing 120km/h :D no loss for me, and another time I got done doing wellllllll over 45 the limit

and the cop let me off with just a defect :D but then Im old and this was before hoon laws :D

Edit - Been screwed many times also (been driving imports for 10 years), just take the good witht he bad

you're just a pup, you're making me feel old. :whack:

ffs, i have a s14

If thats true, thats frigin hilarious! hahah

ffs, i have a s14

LOL...

ffs, i have a s14

snap20110629_185040.png